It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie theater accidentally screens ‘Paranormal Activity 4′ instead of ‘Madagascar 3′

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A Cineworld movie theater in Nottingham, U.K. experienced an unfortunate snafu, when instead of screening "Madagascar 3" to an auditorium full of kids, it accidentally projected "Paranormal Activity 4" on the silver screen. Chaos ensued.
According to a blog from Yahoo! Movies U.K., the parents grabbed their kids and ran from the theater. They suspected something was amiss when the opening scene of "Paranormal Activity 4" featured (SPOILER ALERT) a corpse hurtling toward the camera. The little kids, who were expecting sassy penguins and talking zebras, weren't amused.
Natasha Lewis of Bulwell in Nottingham, who took her 8-year-old son Dylan to see talking animated animals, said the unexpected horror movie scene was "enough to make grown men jump, so you can imagine the terror in these young faces."
She continued: "Everybody just scrambled for the exits, all you could hear were children crying and screaming. Everyone was very upset. I've watched a few horror films in my time but the 'Paranormal Activity' films are the scariest since 'The Exorcist'. It was only about two minutes worth of the film but it was enough to scar them for life. There were parents and kids in there, including some children who were younger than Dylan."
The movie theater apologized for the error, refunded ticket costs, and later screened the real "Madagascar 3" for the folks who stuck around. A spokesperson said, "We take matters such as this very seriously and are currently working with technicians to ensure this does not happen again."

LMAO!

Source movies.yahoo.com...

Your Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeelingPure
A Cineworld movie theater in Nottingham, U.K. experienced an unfortunate snafu, when instead of screening "Madagascar 3" to an auditorium full of kids, it accidentally projected "Paranormal Activity 4" on the silver screen. Chaos ensued.
According to a blog from Yahoo! Movies U.K., the parents grabbed their kids and ran from the theater. They suspected something was amiss when the opening scene of "Paranormal Activity 4" featured (SPOILER ALERT) a corpse hurtling toward the camera. The little kids, who were expecting sassy penguins and talking zebras, weren't amused.
Natasha Lewis of Bulwell in Nottingham, who took her 8-year-old son Dylan to see talking animated animals, said the unexpected horror movie scene was "enough to make grown men jump, so you can imagine the terror in these young faces."
She continued: "Everybody just scrambled for the exits, all you could hear were children crying and screaming. Everyone was very upset. I've watched a few horror films in my time but the 'Paranormal Activity' films are the scariest since 'The Exorcist'. It was only about two minutes worth of the film but it was enough to scar them for life. There were parents and kids in there, including some children who were younger than Dylan."
The movie theater apologized for the error, refunded ticket costs, and later screened the real "Madagascar 3" for the folks who stuck around. A spokesperson said, "We take matters such as this very seriously and are currently working with technicians to ensure this does not happen again."

LMAO!

Source movies.yahoo.com...

Your Thoughts?

Hilarious at first. But as a father of a 2 year old girl, I'd be pissed if I'd taken my little girl to this event and had her traumatized as a result.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Wow, my thoughts on this is probably the same thoughts of the kids and parents, WTF?! I mean was the screening a field trip? If so the theater should have had the film prepared, Or was it just a teen prankster trying to trick Kids and Parents as a joke? Neat find !

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
LOL.

That's just about the worst switch-up I've ever heard of.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Come on they'll be fine.

Hell by the end of the year there are going to be zombies in the streets, asteroids crashing into the planet, earthquakes and floods.

The little guys will forget all about the pretend monster they saw at the movies.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm sure they will be fine, think of it as a little getting ready before Halloween movie treat

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Welcome to MKULTRA and their fiendish tricks.

No I 'm not joking.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah but surely after the pre film adverts the film license pops up. In that case it would have blatantly shown "Paranormal Activity 4" and not Madagascar 3. Something suggests either the parents are idiots or just taking advantage of sensationalism, cos you know if it where me and my children I'd have just slipped them out quickly, without fuss just to get the situation sorted without too much hysterics.

I mean you know, these people managed to get through a whole two minutes of film without realising it wasn't a brightly coloured animated cutesy film? WTF!
edit on 26-10-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Its ok, the movie wasn't even scary. There wasn't one time where I jumped, not like how the first and second one made me jump. Now if they screened the Exorcist instead, then you would have a bunch of little traumatized kiddies running around. That movie made me scared of the dark for a long time. lol

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

it is no laughing matter and perhaps not even a mistake... perhaps it is a way of shocking people at a young age and then their mind is susceptible.

bumping this for another member to read also.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Welcome to MKULTRA and their fiendish tricks.

No I 'm not joking.

BINGO!

new topics

top topics

join