It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Storm- East Coasters Start Prepping Just in Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
FOX 42 Storm Center

You may have seen the movie called "The Perfect Storm". That movie was based on a real scenario that that occurred on Halloween in 1991. Hurricane Grace was moving to the north at the same time a major mid latitude storm was moving toward the east coast. They combined to create an epic storm that produced wind gusts over 75 mph in the northeast and waves off shore were measured at a record 100 feet!

Another "Superstorm" hit the eastern US in 1993 when the Storm Of The Century produced a tornado outbreak in Florida and 40"+ of snow from the Carolinas all the way through Maine.This meteorologist was in the the epic Storm Of The Century and received an amazing 43" of snow in 24 hours! The winds were fierce and the snow was coming down at 3" - 4" per hour at times. It was nothing less than amazing!

My local news guy likes to educate us on weather. I read this and about fainted. It is 80 this week here. Next week there is a possibility of snow flurries.

Apparently there are two theories on this storm..One theory is it will go out to sea and be no big deal. My weather guy seems to think this is going to be a superstorm.

Just prep East coasters...It could get ugly in New England.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm just worried about losing power in rusty ol' chestnut hill, new england.

the perfect prepper would have a backup generator (like my neighbors),

but the imperfect wife said "NO" (working on this).

Agree that the 3 major storm models (including the usually right Euro)

are spreading the storm impact between Norfolk and Portland ME (but the

center will likely be....envelope please....southern CT).

yahooieee!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am not even near the east coast, lower Ontario here and I must say that every window in the house is open and it it is still hot.

Bizarre to say the least

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
At the moment, the National Hurricane Center reports Sandy is south of Jamaica with 80 mile per hour winds. It is expected to cross Jamaica and then Cuba early Thursday morning. It will then move north through the Bahamas as a strong tropical storm, predicts Dennis Feltgen, a spokesman for the NHC in Miami.

“At that point the tropical force wind field will expand to more than 200 miles,” says Mr. Feltgen. “That’s why there is a tropical storm watch along the southeast Florida coast. That watch may have to be expanded northward.”

By late in the week, forecasters expect the storm will be running parallel to the southeast coast, staying well offshore. This is where the computer models diverge.

Some models have the system getting caught up in a westerly airflow. In this scenario, Sandy moves away from the coast and becomes mainly a maritime hazard. If the system moves offshore it will mainly result in some rain in the Northeast early in the week. Halloween may be wet in some communities. "

-----------

take your children elsewhere or they are gunna be pissed.

Theres some pics of the storm on that site. Badass looking storm. Get out your BOB(BugOutBags).
This is what you have been preparing yourselves for. =) Find some good rope-some MREs,,flashlights..matches(dry)..a rifle and bullets(you never know)..a knife..MEDICAL SUPPLIES....and dont forget about your magic smoke.

If you come across any pirates trying to steal your goods....smash em in the forehead with the butt of your rifle.

biggest thing of all....Lock up and LEAVE.
You can always come back to it later.

If you cant leave, you are too attatched anyways and are assuring yourself that you you are going to go down with your ship. Which is lovely and honorable and all, but doesnt end with you seeing your family the next day.

cg
edit on 24-10-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I remember the 1991 storm. I had to sleep in my walk-in closet because my windows were rattling all night.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join