It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Allegedly Lied in Court to Screw Over Friend's Wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
From TMZ

Mitt Romney gave a deposition and testified during the trial that Staples was worth virtually nothing. Romney testified that the company was worth very little and Tom was a dreamer and "the dream continues."

Romney characterized the Staples stock as "overvalued," adding, "I didn't place a great deal of credibility in the forecast of the company's future."

Partly as a result of Romney's testimony, Maureen got relatively little in the divorce, but we're told just weeks after the divorce ended, Romney and Tom went to Goldman Sachs and cashed in THEIR stock for a fortune. Short story -- Romney allegedly lied to help his friend and screw the friend's wife over.

So it seems Mitt and buddy Tom lied their butts off, screwing the ex pocketing a fortune and in the process taking sole custody of the kid...

Sounds to me like good ole boy Mitt Romney has all the traits we haven't seen in a Pres since Nixon. liar, cheat, eager to take a bribe and hurt others to forward his own agenda's. Is that what we really want in a National leader?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCass

Seriously, you are using TMZ as a source?

It wouldn't even be believable if it came from faux news!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

It's not just TMZ
CEO wife backs bid to unseal
or this oneOctober Surprise

Some how I get the feeling they are about to uncork the genie bottle

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So they were obviously convicted of perjury shortly thereafter right? Not to mention stock-exchange fraud, and insider trading? Right?

No?

Show me he conviction, then this becomes a story.

And I'm not even a Romney fan.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Oh, boo hoo. Is that all you've got? Old Gloria Allred had better come up with something better than The Donald or this is going to be extremely funny!

I'm enjoying this political chess match,. May the best clown win!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCass
reply to post by Sissel

It's not just TMZ
CEO wife backs bid to unseal
or this oneOctober Surprise

Some how I get the feeling they are about to uncork the genie bottle

There are two sides to every story. Her testimony will also be released. Not to mention that this was from the 1990's. If it was such an issue with this woman, why is she dealing with it a few decades later? Obviously if losing custody of her child was an issue back then, she would have been fighting it tooth and nail, non-stop.

Sensationalism at it's best, considering Gloria Allred has anything to do with it.
edit on 24-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
if ' tom took custody of their only child' why would he send 'the boy' a letter denouncing him ties to his familty, this doesnt makes sense! somethings missing, from one paragraph to the next these two issues don't connect.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well all Mitt Romney cares about is rich white men so it isn't very surprising.

Romney on Bain: 'Women and Minorities' Not Attracted to Industry
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Is this released becuase Trump is going to release divorce information about Michelle and Obama.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Excellent news. I hope Mr Romney's Friend's Wife received an excellent Judicial Screw.
Who cares what he did to support/help his friends. There is only 1 side to chose when attempting to be a peacemaker between a married couple. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Is this released becuase Trump is going to release divorce information about Michelle and Obama.

Just like how Trump was supposed to release information about how Obama wasn't born in the USA.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

But if it is so damaging why is Mr. Romney's lawyer and himself have no problem with showing the world his testimony?

“This is a decades-old divorce case in which Mitt Romney provided testimony as to the value of a company. He has no objection to letting the public see that testimony.”

Mud is getting thicker and thicker and considering it is the infamous hack Gloria Allred at the helm, this is a fishing expedition; just like Trumps little freak-show. Welcome to the world of modern day American politics, where we are just a step ahead from making it a reality-show.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So it seems Mitt and buddy Tom lied their butts off, screwing the ex pocketing a fortune and in the process taking sole custody of the kid...

Seems to you? All it takes is a publicity whore and a disgruntled ex-wife in a tabloid story to convince you that someone committed a crime?

I hope you never sit on a jury or vote for anything where your vote matters!

Did you consider that Romney was questioned by the ex's attorney during the deposition, as well as at trial? There is lot's of time between depos and trial for "fact checking."
Did you coinsider that the ex-wife had trhe opportunity to present her own valuariuon evidence and witnesses? Did you consider that the "trier of facts" (i.e., the jury or the Judge) gets to judge the credilibility of the witness, their biases and motivations; and can disregard some or all of the testimony if it isn't credible?
Did you consider the actual value and status of the company at the time of the divorce?

Nothing here but pathetic hyperbole and unfounded hearsay.

Sounds to me like good ole boy Mitt Romney has all the traits we haven't seen in a Pres since Nixon. liar, cheat, eager to take a bribe and hurt others to forward his own agenda's. Is that what we really want in a National leader?

Sounds to you?
You are either hard of hearing or decidedly prejudiced.
What "bribes" are you referring to?

What about Obama's history of cheating to win IL elections? Obama's lies to whichever audience he speals to, to gain their support? What about Obama's pandering to the UAW, NEA, SEIU and PhRma to gain contributions (bribes)?

I suppose the betrayal of our Libyan Ambassador and his staff, U.S. soldiers killed by Taliban while Obama is "negotiating" with them, and his unlawful denial of pension benefits and retirement investments in the GM and Chrysler bailouts to non-UAW retirees don't count as "hurt[ing] others," since it was done by Barack Obama.

Lies?
You mean like:
“Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.”
"You will keep your insurance plans and your doctor."
"My plan will not increase the deficit one dime, and will reduce insurance premiums."
“[C]ompanies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”
“I fought with you in the Senate for comprehensive immigration reform. And I will make it a top priority in my first year as President.”
”[N]o family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase."
"I promise to seek only public financing for my presidential campaign."
“To build a better, freer world, we must first behave in ways that reflect the decency and aspirations of the American people… This means ending the practices of shipping away prisoners in the dead of night to be tortured in far-off countries, of detaining thousands without charge or trial, of maintaining a network of secret prisons to jail people beyond the reach of the law.”
“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

"[Mubarak] has been a stalwart ally, in many respects, to the United States. ... So I think he has been a force for stability and good in the region."

I could go on, but it would be a waste of time with Obama faithful and sycophants.

jw

edit on 24-10-2012 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCass

Well you've got him already. I'm fairly sure Romney is going to win. We've already got a liar in office, what's the big deal in getting one in a different suit?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If true. Final nail in the coffin.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I find it funny that you think that most Presidents do not lie, cheat, and steal, from, and to, the American public. That is the really interesting thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You should hear of another guy like that , whats his name? ahh yeah Barack Obama......man that guy is a real piece of work, you should see all the back room deals he did with Unions, not to mention his association with known communists and radical leaders, one even blew up multiple buildings in the US and tried to blow up the pentagon, yeah he was one of Obamas mentors.......

Recently something came out about Libya and lying about something, i dunnno i didnt keep up with it....

Oh yeah I also heard he made a bunch of promises he didnt keep.......and something about our economy being really good........despite our trillions of debt, record numbers of people on food stamps, and over 9 percent unemployment.......

I believe he said hed bring unemployment down around 5 percent.......

Anyway, hes a really great guy.......little bit of a fibber........

You should look him up
edit on 24-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Funny Romney camp and his attorneys say they have no problem unsealing the testimony.
should be unsealed by end of the week.

Liberals keep trying your losing

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider

So they were obviously convicted of perjury shortly thereafter right? Not to mention stock-exchange fraud, and insider trading? Right?

No?

Show me he conviction, then this becomes a story.

And I'm not even a Romney fan.

If you would look into the story, you would see how the ex-wife in question has been subject to a gag order up to this point, and now may be able to discuss this issue, depending on a judge's ruling. That is why the story has not been in the news before and there was no criminal investigation -- that and Romney and his buddies are rich and have a lot of power to exert on the judicial system, and the case is so old that is likely is past the statute of limitations.
edit on 26-10-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This is what people like that do. They do not make their millions or billions by respecting the rights and ideas of others, but rather by not hesitating to hurt other people, or take advantage of them, when the possibility to make money is there. Many really wealthy people who are involved in trading stocks and certain business ventures make a lot of their money by oppressing the lower classes, whether they realize it or not. Just stop and think about what banks are for instance, and how they make their money.

If this man gets elected president, from what he has done in the past I do not think he will hesitate to screw over the whole country if it means making money, or helping his businesses, or the businesses of friends and relatives, and also the pocketbooks of his campaign contributors...All those rich guys that helped him get this far are going to want a return for their investment if he gets elected. And he will put those people before the average citizen.

Think about this. It takes a really special person to be able to SINCERELY care for people they have never even met. If you really think about it, it is true. Compassionate people of this nature are a rarity in our modern world. But there are some. Now, do you think this rich politician, who has been caught in many lies, this thread just being an example of one of them, actually truly cares about the citizens of America?

Of course NOT. So why in the world who he doggedly fight for, say, poor people for instance? He wouldn't, because he does not have feelings for them, or any other group you choose as an example. Say minorities, or middle class families...All the rhetoric and posturing is nothing more than telling people what they want to hear. He is not bound to keep any of his campaign promises, and he has shown he will swindle in this regard to get into office. And that means he would not be a good president.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join