It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket Launch In Colorado

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
s7.postimage.org...

s11.postimage.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Hello everybody on my way to work today i happened to look up and saw a rocket being launched in to space by Buckley Air Force Base did my research found out nothing was posted i tried sending it to the local news nothing was posted or replied back to me figred i post the pictures on here if any of you were in the area or lives in colorado hope you guys heard something here it is!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Oh thank god, I thought someone fired a rocket, like an rpg, in Colorado.

Neat pic, and it'll find a home here on ATS.

Posting pix on this site is a bit different than most forums. You can upload it under the Tools tab (top right, your right)

edit on 23-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
lets say for instance that this road is east west orientated. that could be as simple as a plane taking off from the next air port. since it looks like its going strait up but its an illusion.

more than likely it was heading towards you while in its assent. keep in mind commercial flights do go up some 150 ish miles more more and military planes almost reach space.
edit on 23-10-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
That's weird.
I wonder what that was about?
Could the military be testing something new?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
yayyyy
it's true..i will find information about it...
nice pict bro

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

I was hoping they found Ridgeways murderers and launched there asses of the planet.
edit on 23-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

wkwkwkkw creazy..

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I will not be surprised if someone says that your pic is a contrail.

I believe that it was a rocket, but just saying that someone out there will not.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Until the OP uploads its and posts the pic himself I suggest everyone click on his pic link and that's because my version of his pic cuts half of it off. Turns out it's a pretty big pic

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
lets say for instance that this road is east west orientated. that could be as simple as a plane taking off from the next air port. since it looks like its going strait up but its an illusion.

more than likely it was heading towards you while in its assent. keep in mind commercial flights do go up some 150 ish miles more more and military planes almost reach space.

Commercial flights cruise around 30,000 to 35,000 feet. 150 miles up would be 792,000 feet...space begins at a little over 328,000 feet from sea level.

I don't know the OP from Adam but something tells me they wouldn't have knowingly posted a pic of a planes contrail mistaking it for a launch of some type of rocket...just an educated guess.
edit on 10/23/2012 by UberL33t because: added quote

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

The pic made me think of a thread from two years ago:
Missile launch thread
Better link to page one of the thread

edit on 23-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i do have a end picture of the trail its pretty sick i'll post it on here right now still not sure on what took place still no info i saw it with my own eyes it looked white and it was going pretty fast into space

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I don't know the OP from Adam but something tells me they wouldn't have knowingly posted a pic of a planes contrail mistaking it for a launch of some type of rocket...just an educated guess.

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. See above.
Here's another.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like a jet contrail to me. Among other things rocket trails don't tend to be intermittent. Perspective can do funny things.

edit on 10/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

How long did you watch it?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks.
I knew someone would come through quickly, so I could say... I told you so.

These are difficult for me. Some could be an actual rocket trail, but there are a lot more contrails in existence, so chances are greater that that is what is being seen.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Among other things rocket trails don't tend to be intermittent.

That, and they are more persistent, as they have more particles which do not evaporate. Contrails are mostly water vapor, which does evaporate.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well, no. Water vapor is invisible. Contrails are composed of ice crystals which will sublimate away at different rates depending on the relative humidity. It appears that the plane flew through a section of air with lower humidity (or higher temperature) than the surrounding areas, creating the gap.

edit on 10/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Touché

...and that may very well be the case this time as it does have similarities to previous posts of the like, but it's early enough in the thread I felt to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i would say for a good 5 mins it was already heading up it was pretty fast never seen one before it was a total rocket no plane at all

reply to post by Phage

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
hey maybe it was a meteor! check this theread its hot... i think its have relation with...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join