It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Most Israeli Jews would support apartheid regime in Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Israeli Jews???

Like Aussie Australians or Asian Japanese?.

No. There is a relatively large minority of Arab Israelis, so there is reason to differentiate the demographics, although I would switch the words to "Jewish Israeli".

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by MrInquisitive

And surveys and polls are complete crap, that is why they are good at predicting election results, huh?

Sure if you believe they aren't "rigged" heh, easy to predict when you are told who will win heh, they are garbage anyways, did they survey the whole country? No they didn't, that's why its unreliable, do I believe xyz amount of people said yes. Oh sure I do, I also believe that you could muster up 2500-10 thousand white supremacists and neo Nazi thugs in America to say Jews should be shot, does that mean all of America believes that? No its doesn't , thank you very much , there's your argument.

So polls and surveys are so poor at representing larger populations that companies and politicians continue to spend significant amounts of money on them, and to pay attention to them, huh? Seems very unlikely. Just like advertising is not effective, yet massive amounts of money are spent on it.

As for your implied claim that the producers of this survey used a biased sample either intentionally or accidentally, that seems unlikely given Haaretz's long record of accurate/factual news reporting. Sure, you can claim otherwise, but back up your claims. The bottom line here is these survey results don't comport with what you want to believe so you nay say them. Not a particularly compelling argument. Public opinion polls have a long track record of being fairly correct. Your thesis based on nothing but your opinion and unsubstantiated claims: not so much.

From one of the news sourcess.

The survey was conducted by telephone in September by the Dialog institute headed by Professor Camil Fuchs of Tel Aviv University, on a representative sample of 503 Jewish adults in Israel.

quote link

500 people is a reasonable sample size. And I assume a professor at Tel Aviv doesn't have an axe to wield to show that Jewish Israelis are, on average, racist. Or are you gonna make the claim that he is one of those "self-loathing jews"?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Israeli Jews???

Like Aussie Australians or Asian Japanese?.

If you think all Jews are Israeli you're thinking is ignorant. The Jews living in Iran would like to have a word with you.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicalhope
The point is moot because the statistics are flawed. I'm not defending or supporting anyone, except that you cannot make reliable predictions about a population based on a sample of 503 people.

Now if this was a collection of many samples, each having 500 respondents, it would be more credible.

Also I googled Yisraela Goldblum Fund and the first 5 pages of information were about the survey. I then looked up who that fund belongs to, the New Israel Fund.

My gut tells me that this survey is not about public sentiment inside Israel as much as it is about public opinion around the world.

When people do a "survey" of such few respondents and proclaim it to represent all of a population there is usually another motive.

I think they are counting on the reactionary folks to just take it and run instead of questioning the numbers.

503 people cannot properly represent the millions of Jews living in Israel. I won't say that the survey is absolutely wrong. But I will say that their methodology is very flawed and should raise eyebrows.

Let's keep digging.

I think you're absolutely spot on.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

So polls and surveys are so poor at representing larger populations that companies and politicians continue to spend significant amounts of money on them, and to pay attention to them, huh? Seems very unlikely. Just like advertising is not effective, yet massive amounts of money are spent on it.

yes actually that is exactly the point, they spend millions on advertising and polls, another form of advertising to get weak minded people that cant think for themselves in believing that the advertisement is good, or the poll is legit.

but hey keep thinking those jordans will make you jump higher.fool

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join