It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive Or Negative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Every individual has their own way of handling each of these energies. How do you handle each? What makes you react a certain way when dealing with adversity and how do you handle the joy of accomplishment?

Me I tend to handle each the same way. For every positive there is a negative and for every negative there is a positive. All actions have reactions. The difference for each is free will.

If you hit the lottery and spend every dime of it on frivolous items until it is gone, did you learn anything from the experience? If you get a college degree and end up waiting tables for a living, did you learn anything from the experience? if you become mangled in a terrible accident and survive, did you learn anything from the experience?

Do like positive or negative attention for you behavior? I raised my son this way anytime he did something good he got rewarded and if he did something bad he got punished. There is a lesson to learn from each experience.

My wife has asked me often, how do I deal with my circumstances and still maintain my positive outlook on life. I, tell her, I am here to learn lessons in life, positive or negative, they both have something to offer.

I have many things that most would consider to be adversity that I chose to view as opportunities to learn something about myself and to take with my soul when the time comes for me to ascend to my next existence.

It is very important to me that I be prepared daily for this occurrence, by allowing myself to not focus on the negative aspects of anything or get to wrapped up in the positive aspects of anything and stay balanced. Balance is an interesting principle in it own right.

I do not live in fear, I let LOVE guide me and I prepare myself daily spiritually. I do my part to instill this in others because this is my responsibility to my fellow souls/energies.

Do not let semantics get in the way of what is important. Religion/Spiritual, Prayer/Meditation, etc. There are many religions and many different ways to pray, we have different levels of enlightenment and different levels of intelligence, You say one thing, I say another. For every reaction there, is an action that it came from.

What is truly important? True LOVE. For yourself and for others this is a very difficult lesson to learn, but we need this now more than ever. I am not a doomsday prognosticator, I believe every day can be the day I ascend. Just remember this bit of information though when you go to sleep tonight and tuck your children in or say good night to your spouse or tell your parents you hate them? It may be the last time you do it, so make it count and don't let your soul sleep on negative thoughts.

The dinosaurs never knew what hit them either.

Love to all who manage to make it through my thread without falling asleep.

Sincerely,

Ascension211
edit on 23-10-2012 by ascension211 because: OOPS!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Positivity and negativity have one thing in common. They are both here to help us achieve some goal. They guide us.

It would seem that the goal of these is to bring about more positivity, but that is a short sighted understatement. Positive feelings don't exist and operate for their own sake. Fear and confidence have a common goal. They are both used in the animal psyche to achieve one thing. That is, life.

Not only are they survival mechanisms, but they also bring about an experience of abundant life. You will know your life is abundant by the positive feelings. The positive feelings are, like you said, "a reward for good behavior". In seeking positive feelings, you won't find what you are looking for. Your body is not designed to seek positive feelings, your body is designed to seek life. People can get deluded into thinking that positivity itself is the goal and they will chase positivity. Chasing positivity is not how you get positivity. Chasing higher awareness is how you get positivity.

Once higher awareness is found, positivity will be there because it is the reward.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

i agree really reality is constructed from thought so thinking positively is the only way to go. Wish it was a simple as that, in life things are never as easy as they appear. Just got to never stop going for something beyond what you are, always stretch the limits further. be your own self evolutionary force.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The point is not to become something else, but to become more aware of the greatness that is already there. We don't need to evolve. We just need to become more aware. "Free you mind and your ass will follow".

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

i travelled 75 light years last night....beat that one

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a case in point that happened last night after I tried to edit my thread.

That's just it, I did not save it. I sent it in edit. did not realize it was removed. Lmao. Positive or negative? The thread dealt with this exact type of situation. How do we each deal with adversity. I am forced to learn a valuable lesson here regardless of the negative circumstances, hence a positive from a negative. I promise from now on I will be sure and save whatever I had to edit. If you can not retrieve my edit that sucks. But I'm not mad at you. I understand you were just doing your job. If you cannot recover it, I will take a deep breath and it will just give me something to add to the next thread.

Sincerely,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Positive and negative are adjectives. They are degrees of appearance. To be characterized as positive, one must possess certain features or qualities. To be characterized as negative, one must be absent of those features or qualities. The usage, of course, depends upon the context in which the words are used.

If one appears 'negative,' he appears as if he's absent of happiness, joy, joviality, supportiveness, encouragement constructiveness etc. But he is not entirely without qualities altogether, which is what the label 'negative' suggests. He is in fact positive in less desirable qualities, ie. pessimistic, unfavourable, doubtful, incredulous, sad, uncertain etc.

To live positively, one must possess and practice, or at least appear to possess and practice, all qualities. To be negative, he must be in fact void of all qualities, which is impossible. We all live positively.

Semantics aside, in human interaction I do my best to appear negative when dealing with positive people and to appear positive when dealing with negative people. I do it for the love of irony.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

They can be used as nouns, also.

Positive:

— n 22. something that is positive 23. maths a quantity greater than zero 24. photog a print or slide showing a photographic image whose colours or tones correspond to those of the original subject 25. grammar the positive degree of an adjective or adverb 26. a positive object, such as a terminal or plate in a voltaic cell 27. music a. Compare portative organ Also called: positive organ a medieval nonportable organ with one manual and no pedals b. a variant spelling of positif

Negative:

noun 16. a negative statement, answer, word, gesture, etc.: The ship signaled back a negative. 17. a refusal of assent: to answer a request with a negative. 18. the negative form of statement. 19. a person or number of persons arguing against a resolution, statement, etc., especially a team upholding the negative side in a formal debate. 20. a negative quality or characteristic.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Positive and Negative don't exist. Everything is neutral. It is your perspective of it that makes you feel like it is positive or negative...

I know some people who say to another "you are so negative" when a person says something that they don't want to hear.

In reality, it is just a human saying words, but because it is not what the person wants to hear, they label it as "negative", and through another person's eyes, they probably would label it as "positive" and say something such as - "they were just trying to help".

I agree with smithjustinb, becoming a compassionate and happy person should not be done through trying to control action, but rather changing the awareness (perspective - way of looking at things). Once you do that, there is no need to control actions because your actions will arise from your new perspective of life.

If you see people as people, or males versus females, or whites versus blacks, or straight versus gays, or any other division, you are likely to not feel as much happiness as you would if you were to go GENERAL and see humanity as one whole...

helping other humans as brother and sister as family called humanity instead of labeling and segregating people apart.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You know, this is something I have been wondering about myself lately. I am finding that in my own spiritual/psychic development I seem to have hit a roadblock having to do with positive and negative within myself.
It has made me question a lot of things. You see, I fully love my fellow human beings. I try to stay as positive as I can, which for me is pretty easy these days, and take every encounter as a learning experience, and I am learning a lot. But then the darker side of me wells up and I find myself listening to Black Sabbath and Ozzy and just kind of being in the moment, even if it is a darker moment....normally anyways. I stopped doing that, as I was trying to be as positive as I could be in many ways, but I noticed that without allowing that part of myself to express, I would not experience as much as when I indulge my darker nature sometimes. I like gothy things, dragons and mystical feelings and moods...and I cannot seem to get those moods without feeding my dark side...

Why is that?

I think I am all of it, good and evil, positive and negative.
I strive to balance it out, like yin and yang.
That is where my thought process has brought me to the conclusion of.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Different ages in our life allow us to have different energy cycles and our environment plays a huge part in how we deal with different situations. Our free will is affected by others free will. Sometimes we go with the flow, sometimes we go against the flow. Ultimately, we still have very valuable lessons to learn from all experiences we go through good or bad. I do feel balance is very important, since we need both for our bodies to function and our souls are pure energy.

top topics

join