It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumer alert: Halloween costumes found to contain toxins (like 11 times limit for lead)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This came out last week, but an ATS search did not show it was alread posted.

This is the time when parents and grandparents are buying Halloween costumes for the children to wear. Imagine if trick-or-treating were not safe for your children or grandchildren because of some costume or add-on purchased to make their evening a fun time.

Although the supplies in the video have been seized by alert custom agents, I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that lots of dangerous stuff is already on the shelves ready for the unsuspecting consumer. It could be a piece you add on to a pirate's costume or jewelry for the little princesses or the costume itself.

If you're in this unsuspecting group, I urge you to watch the linked video, as it is shocking. An uninformed purchaser might not know what to look for, but if you view the video, it will help guide your purchases.

Wishing you all a fun and safe time.

Toxins Found in Halloween Costumes

edit on 23-10-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
As long as the kids know not to eat the costumes there is no problem.
Maybe the edible underwear has lead in it also

Have the kids eat eggs when they come home, something in the eggs ties to the lead so it doesn't get absorbed. Ran upon that fact a while ago studying emergency response information.
edit on 23-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Screw this just being about Halloween. What about everyday clothing and accessories? Toys, bedding, etc....People need to be aware of this crap everyday, not just due to a specified Holiday.

Do you suppose we will see the same type of report for Christmas time?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I know a guy who has one of those guns at his disposal. I bet if I asked him if I could borrow it to check out halloween costumes for the grandchildren he would say no
Probably look at me a little strange also, using an expensive toy like that to check out cheap toys.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Mabe if you invite him over and he comes along with the gun, he might well consider it? I'd think about it some more. It might give you peace of mind and would be worth the effort.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ever walk into a Halloween Costume Warehouse or large retailer?

It stinks of chemical, plastic, rubbers and sulpher. :-/

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Good point!
Oh boy, all the things we need to be careful about nowadays is mind-boggling.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Can't say I ever have. It sounds ominous. I used to dress up my kids with whatever I had, plus makeup and a treat bag and they were happy.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I'll make sure I tell my grandchildren not to eat their clothes or bite any other halloweeners.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Haha. It never hurts to be careful.
What I found scariest in the film was the eye piece.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Can't say I ever have. It sounds ominous. I used to dress up my kids with whatever I had, plus makeup and a treat bag and they were happy.

I don't mean the Halloween section of Walmart. I mean an actual huge distribution warehouse where they only have Costumes. It reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I bet the ton or more of snow that dumped on Calgary today would refresh things.
Sorry, I am so NOT envious of that, but couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
On this last Halloween , My children were wearing very scary and they invited all of their friends there and all other children were afraid. They were running on my Childrens beds and they got end up breaking these. And now I am sitting and trying to have second hand new beds.
edit on 4-11-2012 by jiakim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join