It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of UK Cold War Central Government War HQ: codename - BURLINGTON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A recurring topic of conversation on Above Top Secret over the years has been the subject of the dispersal of UK Central Government in a wartime emergency, such as the Cuba Crisis. Since its declassification by the British Government in 2004, more and more secrets concerning the massive underground Central Government War Headquarters at Corsham, North Wiltshire have come to light.

This huge Central Government wartime bunker was known by many codenames over the years, but is now most generally known by the one which was in use during the Cuba Crisis - BURLINGTON.

I've just found the following online history of the BURLINGTON bunker which everyone interested in the Cuba Crisis, or WW3 planning should examine.

burlingtonandbeyond.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zero lift

I thought i would give your thread a bump, zero lift.

I was based at Roberts Barracks Larkhill Salisbury Plains in the 90s and saw many cruise missile transporters around the plain and was lead to believe that there was a large underground facility near Imber village,

Also the closness off DNBC Porton Down lead me to think of there being a link, Maybe underground ? to the launch areas on the plain.
Now SOXMIS another ATS member said Porton down had a large underground shelter.

Just as a footnote to clarify the security at that time, We were routinly crashed out to Porton for perimmiter checks in our soft skined landie with are 10 rounds off 5.56mm ammo, magazines in the ammo pouches, so not to scare CND members in the local fields.

edit on 25-10-2012 by foxhoundone because: photograph

join