It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suck at sleeping!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I am not efficient at sleeping...at all.

Take this past Saturday for example. I was up at 7am, I drove 600 miles, arrived at my destination at 5pm. I then proceeded to get extremely drunk until 4 the next morning....And I woke up at 7. For no good reason, just awake while everyone else stayed passed out until noon.

Last night I was up until maybe 12, nothing crazy. I woke up at 5 this morning. Which is kind of sleeping in for me. I'm usually up around 3:30 - 4am. But I'm on vacation. I have nothing I have to do.

I try to make the most of it. I get tons of stuff done early in the day, but it's getting old.

This happens every day. And once I wake up, I'm up. I can't get back to sleep.
Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas on how to stay asleep longer?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Well, normally I sleep from 0600 to 0930. My dad usually sleeps from 2300 to 0300.

Some people don't have the need to sleep that much. If I don't have some work to do I try to study some languages or listen to music always a nice thing to do lol.
edit on 23-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: Missing parts

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Do you have kids? I found that my body alarm got really stupid once I had my daughter. That as well as waking up at 6.30 every mornign for work, just cements my destiny of been woke up early by my body clock

I wake up before my alarm, by about an hour, +/- 20mins. Then on my days off I wake up no later than around 7.00am, +/- 20mins.

So yeah, I feel you're pain brother! And its very, very annoying!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I suck at sleeping as well. I can be up for like 30 hours, tired as hell...yet still struggle to fall asleep when I go to bed.

I remember sharing a room with my brother when we were younger and I would hear him snoring less than 5 minutes after lights out, every time. Kinda pissed me off, since most of my night was spent tossing and turning.

I don't get how people can turn off their brains so easily...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

Yeah, I know.

But I like sleeping, and I would like to do more of it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Oh, that being the case...did you ever tried some technics like meditation?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

No, I don't have kids, but I know what you're talking about. My brain clock is exactly 12 minutes faster than my alarm clock.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

I generally don't have any trouble getting to sleep. And I can sleep anywhere, chair, porch, on a pile of shoes, standing up.

It's the staying asleep part that doesn't work.

No, I've never tried meditation. But would think that would be more for getting to sleep than staying asleep.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Yeah, that would be for trying to sleep, but maybe can help you to go back to sleep too. It's something lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm with ya and have never found a way to fix it. If I go to bed at 2:30 and wake up at 3:00 I'm up and wide awake. I only require about 3 hours of sleep a day which gives me lots of time to waste here! I to can sleep anywhere and don't have trouble going to sleep when I do get tired which isn't often.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Are you usually over active? Sweat a lot ? Eat well and still keep slim ? You might have hyperthyroidism.
Also something simple as learnt habits can disrupt good night sleep.
First have bedroom fresh air before sleeping, keep your bedroom clean from dust and in cool temperature. Don´t exercise 3 hours before bedtime, reduce internet and vivid movies. Don´t drink coffee after 6 pm, have some warm milk or camomile tea before bedtime. Have shower before bed, if you prefer cold pillowcase put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Alcohol is not good for you

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

I suppose it's worth a shot.

I'll have to look into learning how to meditate.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Yeah, I'm really healthy. Exercise everyday, I don't eat any junk food.

But I'm not giving up coffee and booze.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Chamomile tea is the magic ticket.

Just take some before bed, and you'll likely sleep very well. I would have said "like a baby" but anybody who has a baby knows they are monsters when it comes to sleep, usually.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You probably need vitamin D. Also take melatonin.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

My kid IS the alarm clock. lol

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Maybe you snore and it wakes you up.. sleep apnea?
Anyway if you feel energic even you have slept so little and do not fell asleep when you sit on front of your computer and tv, its not amount of sleep what matters its the quality of sleep. 4 hours good relaxing sleep is better than 8 hours twisting and turning around.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As far as I know, I only snore when I'm drunk. But that's not every day.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. That's a lot of different things I can try. I'll let you know if anything works out.

new topics

top topics

join