It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for other ATS members:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My wife has the same mindset as I. As far as our kids, my son is as we are. As far as friends, I have a couple that are like minded. As far as what we do to prep. That we keep to ourselves as much as possible. My family ( brothers & sister) They are lost within religion. They look at me as if I'm satan himself. They just can't wrap their minds around the fact I'm an atheist, and I just don't beleive.

I have a sister, I did manage to get to understand the anomalies of 911. As far as I'm concerned, they all have a place here with me & mine if TSHTF. After all there family......

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've always been around people who think outside the box. My Grandfather, back in the '70's, said that the Apollo moon mission was a fake! Even my mom, a staunch, born again Christian used to believe that the Communists were trying take over America through rock and roll, and my great uncle was a "John Bircher." www.jbs.org...

I've always had friends interested in alternate history and religions. My daughter is the biggest skeptic I know. Now, when I go to the mall or the grocery, I wonder if that weird guy over there an ATSer.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I wonder if that weird guy over there an ATSer.
reply to post by windword

That's funny. I have thought the same thing!!

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

I have a few people in real life that i can actually discuss such subjects,but this is because of my work(bookstore with sci-fi/fantasy and conspiracy books only)
I have no problem discussing such things with anyone,but i found out recently and the hard way that i shouldn't.In a political discussion with an old friend of mine,when the whole thing turned into the conspiracy part of the political party he is supporting,he got so mad at me,started calling me names(from conspiracy nut to fascist),because he couldn't accept or even debunk what i was presenting him.I tried to be patient with him,but after my patience ran out i called him a sheeple and some other things and now we no longer speak to each other.
I know this man for more than 12 years and he had given me the impression of a rather open minded person and someone who would listen.Well i was wrong.
I decided that i will not lose other friends over conspiracies.So no more "preaching" from me.If they want to find out what is going on in the world,they can do it themselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Wow, thats pretty crazy, I can't say I have people that would go to such lengths with me, people just generally disagree with me, witch, too is pretty annoying, no matter how many facts you provide people with, they will call you a liar/conspiracy nut for the sole reason that its a conspiracy and hidden, instead of being main stream. That is what most people don't understand, and don't even want to, if its not main stream, sounds crazy, and has facts to support it, it must still be fake, who cares about all the facts! I only care what is talked about on my TV! Even if it's some cover up, and proof of aliens altering our history! I hope that didn't come out too confusing, not sure how to word that out where it could make the most sense.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

I completely understand.

As i told my friend,whatever makes them more confortable MUST be the truth.It's hard for people to accept an alternate point of view,even when you provide them with proof of what you're saying.They will find excuses and when you debunk the excuses they will attack.They won't even listen afterwards.

I was thinking about it and it must be some kind of brainwash with a safety mechanism.Hit the wrong button and they "explode".

But you know what they say:Ignorance is bliss...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join