It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for other ATS members:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm curious, how many of you have friends in real life, that you can talk about most the stuff posted on here? Like conspiracy theories, basis of human life, the involvement of Aliens and us just those general things that the general public refuses to believe. I have only one that I can talk with about, everybody else instantly marks me as a "crazy" believe or just would call me a moron. Most people see things as black and white, recently I tried showing a friend about that Louisiana bombing, and how almost the same thing happened in 4 different places, and how many witness' claimed to see strange lights, he instantly called me a fool (in a joking matter of course, i've been friends with him for a very long time) and told me that the explosion was just a bunker. As I said, again, he sees it as black and white, many people think there is no greater motive to most things that happen in this world, and it really bugs me when I try to explain to someone, only to be called a name because they are too ignorant to believe, or at least, even listen. So again, how many of you have friends that you can debate/talk with about these paranormal incidents? Or even some conspiracy theories/secret societies such as the Illuminati?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sounds to me like there are 3 kinds of people when looked at this way. We have the first kind who, after a horrible crime, say what a nice and quiet person the guy was and how he never seemed to have it in him. How shocked and just beside themselves they are. This seems to be the majority.

Then there are those which I'd say most at ATS could be counted a part of and the minority the Media really doesn't want to acknowledge exist at all when interviewing the neighbors. We're the type to mention he wasn't shy, he was creepy. He wasn't being quiet...he was hiding stuff and guilty all the time. anyone should have seen it.

Then last, of course, the very very small % (thankfully) that do the things in life which keep the % we all fall into interested, talking and theorizing.

Just one bunny's take on life from down the rabbit hole!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

DEAD-ON! Excellent reply, that was just perfect, could not have worded it better myself. Those three kinds of people are truly real, and unfortunately, always will be.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

Okay I've got my husbands cousin who introduced me to this site in the first place.

My husband. And I started talking to my grandma about it and she started looking into the things I told her about-which was awesome!

My best friend and her husband love to listen and talk/debate with me about different subjects I've come across on here.

My other best friend listens and she sees my point of view and has actually started thinking outside the box.

My dad and step mom-ehh I don't talk to them because if I did they would shoot me down so quick!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I have precisely one person outside of ATS that I talk to about stuff normally found in ATS and if he knew how to login without me right there, he would be here everyday.

Kudos goes to my wife for giving this stuff a chance though! She listens to my findings on here and even is interested in some things.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Sounds to me like there are 3 kinds of people when looked at this way. We have the first kind who, after a horrible crime, say what a nice and quiet person the guy was and how he never seemed to have it in him. How shocked and just beside themselves they are. This seems to be the majority.

Then there are those which I'd say most at ATS could be counted a part of and the minority the Media really doesn't want to acknowledge exist at all when interviewing the neighbors. We're the type to mention he wasn't shy, he was creepy. He wasn't being quiet...he was hiding stuff and guilty all the time. anyone should have seen it.

Then last, of course, the very very small % (thankfully) that do the things in life which keep the % we all fall into interested, talking and theorizing.

Just one bunny's take on life from down the rabbit hole!

I agree with one qualification. I believe that a good portion of the majority just do not WANT to know.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Wow Good for you!! It's nice to see you've got some people to think outside the box!

OP

TBH, The person I talk to most about things you would read about on ATS is my Son. He is so level headed and cool, wise in the ways of the world for his young age. Today he asked me what I thought about Obama's BC controversy. I shared, he shared. We agreed on that topic, but we don't always agree. The other day he asked me if I thought the topic of pro football conspiracy have been discussed on ats? I said yep probably...

My husband...he has a fridge full of water and tons of food stored up...We talk about stuff here and there, but he likes to bring up ATS when we fight...or FB, or Gaming. Basically anything I do that isn't about him. He'll say things like "OH go tell it to one of your conspiracy nut friends!!"

I do have a friend who i met through my husband, who is super cool. We talk about everything. Sad we only hang out about once a year to party. Makes for looooong nights and one hell of a party!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
In response to your question OP most of the People I associate with are aware that there is 'something' going on. Very few however are willing to actually discuss it.
~

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I can talk to any of my friends about these ideas. Some of them are more receptive than others. But those who I know will just dismiss it with a laugh, the conversations are better if we talk about things like new scientific discoveries or cool new animals or inventions.

Some of my friends know more about some subjects than I do, and show me new things I haven't heard about before. Or some of them have experiences with stuff I'm skeptic about. It works both ways.

I also find like-minded people in the oddest places.... like accounts recievable at work

And everyone loves a good scary story, even if they don't believe it as truth.
edit on 23-10-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

My husband says stuff like that too, but he does believe in some things. ... like the 9/11 conspiracy, ufos and bigfoot,
Which, of coarse, are so much more legit than other matters, lol.
edit on 23-10-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I feel too embarrassed to discuss ATS topics with anyone except my girlfriend. Sadly it's not very popular to sound like a paranoid conspiracy theorist. Where I can I do attempt to inform people & plant a seed.

The environment is a no go zone round here as well because if you do you will be labelled a hippy-greeny. I even find myself regularly agreeing with people who's views are directly opposed to my own.

Might be because I live in a small rural city in Australia and people here are generally a few stubbys short of a six pack. Might also be that I really need to man up

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I literally only have one friend that I can truly discuss things we discuss here on ATS with. An absolutely like minded person. However, I have one girl friend that listens to me very well unlike others, who, you said it perfectly, only see things black and white. But it's really narrowed down to that first friend, he will call me anytime he hears or reads anything fishy or conspiracy related, and it's nice to always one up him, telling him I already read it on ATS, hehe
To try and discuss anything from here with someone who only sees things black and white is completely pointless with me, they are so narrow minded it's exhausting. That's why I'm thankful for ATS, and that one friend.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am blessed.

My mother discussed conspiracies with me all my life, and in turn, I discuss them with my children.
Outside of that, I have about 4 friends I might speak with about conspiracies on a regular basis (like.... once or twice a month) - 3 of them I met here though

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I don't have any friends that I can talk to about ATS topics,
that includes my husband! I can talk to my step-son and his
friends but that's all.

My husband also thinks that I am a little crazy when I try and
talk to him about something I read here.He does listen to me
sometimes,but not often.When he uses the term crazy to describe
me,I get a wee worried,he has power of attorney over me.
edit on 23-10-2012 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Over the years I have learned to keep my mouth shut. I would not usually advocate for dumbing myself down in front of others but sometimes you just have to. I discuss all conspiracy topics with my fiance and we seem to compliment each other well in a debate. He'll have insight where I don't and vice versa. I have tried to pass things along to my children, and for some topics such as government and health related conspiracies they will listen. All others produce a bit of skepticism. My 22 year old daughter and 25 year old son both recently asked me my feelings on the whole 2012 thing. Talk about opening a can of worms!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have one friend that I talk about som of these topics with, but when we do all our other friends just start making jokes about tin foil hats and lizard people, so I pretty much keep it to myself.

My dad believes in UFO s and claims to have seen more than one, so m sure he would like It here in the UFO frum, but would be scarred off by e rest of the content. It would also take him a week to make a post he types so slowly

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have 2 friends both met in college who are really smart. I would say they are more of a debunkers, so am i.. one is expert in flaws in religion(he studied all the religious books, he loves to pick on abrahamic faith, so much flaws), other ones is a science geek, almost like Sheldon cooper from The Big Bang Theory but more social.

They both know about this site but i think they are more of a lurker and i doubt they are constantly here.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am fortunate to have no restrictions on who I can talk to about ATS subject matter. I can talk to any and all of my friends and family about anything and everything that is discussed here. I consider myself very lucky to be able to surround myself with very open minded people who respect what I have to say, and that respect is mutual.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Star for you! I have been in situations where I felt the need to "dumb myself down". Though I would NEVER recommend it (cause its actually pretty stressful).

Once you recognize - - not just a closed mind, but a misinformed one - - its often best to walk away from the argument - - and if you're like me, completely avoid that person in the future

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My youngest son and my middle son to a far larger degree are both interested in these subjects. Those two are the only ones who "get it"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join