It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotted this in the sky in middle Tennessee, Thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Spotted this in the sky in middle Tennessee, looks like 2 cubes joined together. Could be a plane but I zoomed in but didn't see any wings.. any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

My thoughts are that it is a hoax. UFOs grow bigger and not smaller, it was proven with some footage that would take me a long time to look up and list here that was revealed a hoax.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It's something unidentified flying through the air.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Is this your video OP? It looks like it is moving at a pretty good clip, but I am no UFO/Airplane expert.

Did you hear any noise as it was flying over?

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I know exactly what this is, and it's not a hoax.

It's a remote controlled drone.

I know this because I have seen this exact same thing two times in the skies above me. I did take a couple photos but they're distant.

I was under the impression surveillance drones weren't allowed in U.S. skies. I guess I was wrong.
These should not be allowed to fly over us.

Nice video.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
Is this your video OP? It looks like it is moving at a pretty good clip, but I am no UFO/Airplane expert.

Did you hear any noise as it was flying over?

~OkieDokie

It wasn't making any sound that I could detect.

Took this video last year:

My friend and I were outside and spotted a white object, round in shape, about 3000 feet up moving from east to west across the sky. Before I could get back outside with my camera it was gone. A few minutes later another larger object of a different shape came into view traveling the same height and moving the same direction.. What is it?? UFO? Balloons?..Take a look and leave a comment..Thanks

edit on 22-10-2012 by RocksFromSpace because: Wrong date

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

cmon?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a plane!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I can't tell what that is!! But looks different.

And I hate that my phone kinda sucks,I saw three glowing objects in sky in the beginning of October on a Thursday night. And my phone couldn't capture it,I took a pic but it's aweful!

The objects were in a triangle shape,then one moved very fast up and down then one started goin to the left then the other two stayed then both went in different directions left and right.

Looked it up next day-couldn't find anything on it.

I want to see a UFO so bad maybe I did that night but I don't know.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212

cmon?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a plane!

You see wings ??

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace
You see wings ??

Cant always see wings, depending on the angle of the sun.
Here's a pic from a previous chemtrail thread...

Edit - to compare, a (mirrored) shot from the video. In my opinion you can see the tail slightly.

Furthermore, flightradar24 has a replay function if you wish to see what aircraft was above your head at that time.

edit on 22-10-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Could you give a little bit better idea where you are at?

I am directly under the flight path of Nash. International Airport. I am going to go with plane, but this is an interesting video.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes they do look similar, so the wings aren't visible because of the suns direction?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
Could you give a little bit better idea where you are at?

I am directly under the flight path of Nash. International Airport. I am going to go with plane, but this is an interesting video.

I'm 70 miles south of Nashville near Columbia.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

So you probably do have a few planes flying over head.

The second video is interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

So you probably do have a few planes flying over head.

The second video is interesting.

I'm constantly Sky Watching... I have one of those Sony Cameras with the X Ray vision capability when using a 950nm IR filter in "Nightshot" mode, and see a lot of unusual things flying around.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think OneNation has it right on the first video with the possibility of it being a drone. It may be the angle of the sun, or it could be the very thin wings found on some drones that are making them hard to see.

Here is an article frrom the MilitaryTimes dated Aug 18, 2011.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Middle Tennessee State University is partnering with the Army to develop research for unmanned aircraft technology that has been a vital asset for the military in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials said Thursday
.The partnership, announced in Washington, is the first agreement between a university and the Army’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems project office, which manages the Army’s drone aircraft fleet.

Through the partnership, students at the university about 30 miles southeast of Nashville will get hands-on training with the Raven aircraft, a small hand-launched plane that is often used on the front lines to provide aerial surveillance.

Is this close to your location?

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

UAS flight testing has to be allowed in the US. There are new ones being tested, and new systems being tested for existing ones.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Oh good find! Right location and everything.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

you're right it is a drone. It's probably an unarmed drone that they have been talking about using all over the states. I think it is a predator drone.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

My thoughts are that it is a hoax. UFOs grow bigger and not smaller, it was proven with some footage that would take me a long time to look up and list here that was revealed a hoax.

What? "UFOs grow bigger and not smaller"? What the hell does that mean? UFOs would change size in both directions as they moved towards and away from us. If they could ONLY grow bigger, there would be some bizarre single-direction stuff going down.

I mean, I guess it could work if they were utilizing the physical dimension (as in up-down, left-right) which regards "towards" us as their Time dimension, and so could only move Forward along that axis.... But while that would be cool, that would be an absurd trait to ascribe to every UFO ever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join