It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Jets Circling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anyone know anything about military practice? I have had military jets circling for about and hour now. They are dropping double flairs.

I live on the CA coast at the OR border in other words in the boonies. we have never seen military here at all until the last couple years two or three times a year flying over.

Today they dropped flairs far above my front yard and two white jets with no contrails at all, were making tight circles around one another. They circled each other moving out to sea and dropping flairs. Then jets started coming across in singles. Back and forth over my house sometimes lower and sometimes to high to see...I need ear plugs!

These are louder then anything I have ever heard, it has scared all the wildlife and the dogs. They had a circle of blue sky but it has now clouded over, they are still going! I saw single jet drop flairs toward the sun almost above my house East of me and then West of me.

I assume they are practicing, we are not near any military bases and this is very unusual.
Anyone have any thoughts?
edit on 22-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Your under attack! No its probably some training exercise

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

lol you know I was just thinking how used we are to peace in this country to the point that is some of those jets were enemies and there was real fighting going on up there we would not be able to believe it I think!

I am hoping that practicing with the flair drops here does not mean there is a threat off the Ca shores in our area!!

They seem to have finally stopped! I am hoping anyway! The squirrels ran out of the trees and all the birds took off and left large and small!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It mite have something to do with that UFO war of the CA coast..Who knows.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Are they parachute flares? If so, it is probably the LUU-2B/B parachute flare. Based on your description, it sounds like a jet is dropping a flare, and another is coming in behind it, perhaps with an inert Sidewinder missle, and practicing targeting the flare with the missle (a sidewinder is a heat seeking missile) They are probably in your area because as you stated, it is in the boonies, and this type of training can't be conducted over heavily populated areas, although considering your location, I would imagine that they could go out over the ocean 50 miles or so off of the coast and do the training. Just a guess.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Are they parachute flares? If so, it is probably the LUU-2B/B parachute flare. Based on your description, it sounds like a jet is dropping a flare, and another is coming in behind it, perhaps with an inert Sidewinder missle, and practicing targeting the flare with the missle (a sidewinder is a heat seeking missile) They are probably in your area because as you stated, it is in the boonies, and this type of training can't be conducted over heavily populated areas, although considering your location, I would imagine that they could go out over the ocean 50 miles or so off of the coast and do the training. Just a guess.

Thanks...interesting.

I don't know anything about flairs except when people have mentioned them on here. They were always in twos and were just short twisty trails side by side the shame shape coming straight down not lasting long ...cold and damp here today. The jets leave no trails at all, is that odd?
Yes I thought it odd that they are over town as it is REALLY LOUD! Not pleasant!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Maybe because of this back in July.
WORLD
REPORT: RUSSIAN NUCLEAR-CAPABLE BOMBERS INTERCEPTED NEAR WEST COAST FOR SECOND TIME IN 2 WEEKS
www.theblaze.com...

Would have been interesting if i saw a UFO up there with them!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The contrails are based on humidy and other environmental factors. If the flares don't last very long then they aren't parachute flares because they last for a while. Do you know what kind of jets? F-18...F-15...F-16? Other?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The contrails are based on humidy and other environmental factors. If the flares don't last very long then they aren't parachute flares because they last for a while. Do you know what kind of jets? F-18...F-15...F-16? Other?

Very fast, white, very very loud!! Maybe drones?

We have had the huge military helicopters a group of 4 go over once and military jets not white ones like these but none were anywhere near so loud!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrog77

I thought that was just a really bad sci-fi movie?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by scrog77

I thought that was just a really bad sci-fi movie?

Lol maybe bus was also posted as real China fighting UFO's off our coast by veterans today was it?

yeah here it is
Joint Fleets Fend Off UFO Threat

www.veteranstoday.com...
——

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Oh and the humidity thing, always wet here but rained all night and all morning is colder then usual too on the ground anyway.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
Very fast, white, very very loud!! Maybe drones?

We have had the huge military helicopters a group of 4 go over once and military jets not white ones like these but none were anywhere near so loud!

Most certainly not drones, they are not that loud, more of a humming, and not very fast.

top topics

join