It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The boundaries of perception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The navigators of perception we all are always examining, analysing and weighing up images and ideas in our brains to reach decisions on what it is we are seeing.

The reach of our views and focus sometimes going outwards to the boundary layer and meeting with the limits of our perception. But what is the limit, is it like some kind of mental road block. Well yes thats way of describing it.

In normal life and experience we encounter the boundary alot, and we generally fall away from its slope as quickely as we try and climb it.

But what would happen if we could break this limit? Lets consider breaking this boundary in a deepsleep what would it be? Yes dreaming.

So what would it take to enter a dream in waking state. It would only take being aware of the boundary layer at the time of breaking past it.

Welcome past the gate into lucid dreaming.
edit on 22-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If you are always focusing on changing "this" and changing "that", you may start to feel unhappy longing for more things to change and forgetting to appreciate things as they are now.

Then more you appreciate "now" the less you feel things need to "change".
The more you feel things need to "change" the more longing, suffering, and unhappiness you'll have.

My best advice is to stay happy. If something is causing suffering and you can change it now - then do so. If something is causing you suffering and you want it to change but there is no way you can - focus on other things that make you happy.

This "You" whether in Reality, Dream, or even in in it's SOURCE (the formless "being") is full of potential. From just "To Be", there comes "Mind" and a physical expression of You in this body, and ALL of it is full of potential - but if you forget about this - and forget to look within, it may feel like Life is happening TO you, the Dream is happening TO you, instead of you being a part of it and making your choices as the REAL EXPRESSIVE you.

edit on 22-10-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

This "You" whether in Reality, Dream, or even in in it's SOURCE (the formless "being") is full of potential. From just "To Be", there comes "Mind" and a physical expression of You in this body, and ALL of it is full of potential - but if you forget about this - and forget to look within, it may feel like Life is happening TO you, the Dream is happening TO you, instead of you being a part of it and making your choices as the REAL EXPRESSIVE you.

Your timing on this post is very good. I have had a a melancholy today of something that has bothered me. This my reality is constructed on thought. A whirlwind of thoughts. The thing thats making me pensive is this whirlwind its the dream, and it could be in a sleep or awake, the whirlwind of consciouness spins forms and objects in front of my eyes. Im ok now i think it was the shock of realisation of this that freaked me out. Now i feel like i have just survived a gate of ascension. Im now on the next level what ever that next level is im now to find out.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

My best advice is to stay happy. If something is causing suffering and you can change it now - then do so. If something is causing you suffering and you want it to change but there is no way you can - focus on other things that make you happy.

I believe there is spirit guiding my movement. I dont think i am making any wrong decisions. All interactions and everything is happening exaclty as it should be. Not to say im infallible to suffering along the way. I wont give up i know im on a quest, mabey its the grail. Im a vessel for the spirit and its the one who is flowing through me making my path as it is, even down to this very moment with us here togther. There is no mistakes.

The suffering means i know im on right path. Satan evil uses suffering as a way of scaring off them on right path. The suffering is the indicator im on right path.

I believe you made a mistake the monster only appeared that way. If you had examined it carefully the out image would of disolved to find the one.

This is how the path to knowledge is, its forms masked in false appearances. I have a good handle on what is what now, and its only making my resolve on my path is true. I think everything up to now has been to test my boundaries of perception. Now i see the clearly. if i keep these up ill grow my wings and the picture will be complete for real.

edit on 22-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
No, there is no such thing as a mental boundary. It is limitless, the dream though reveals how to reach the unlimitedness. It gives us the sign, the dream occurs inside of you. Inside of you will you find unlimitedness and then being able to embrace it and take it for ourselves. Will we be able to understand that our perception was only looking outside. The symbols are always there, it is only up to you that you are able to see it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yes there is such a thing as a mental boundary. It is impossible to dream or to think about anything that hasn't been experienced or sensed before. If one dreams of a dragon, it is because he has seen a depiction of a dragon. If one has never seen, heard or understood the concept of a dragon, he will not be able to dream about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

I believe there is spirit guiding my movement. I dont think i am making any wrong decisions. All interactions and everything is happening exaclty as it should be. Not to say im infallible to suffering along the way. I wont give up i know im on a quest, mabey its the grail. Im a vessel for the spirit and its the one who is flowing through me making my path as it is, even down to this very moment with us here togther. There is no mistakes.

I wouldn't use the words "should". It's not that what is happening "should" be - it just is. In reality, the decision just exist and it is the human mind that labels it as "right" or "wrong".

reply to post by arpgme

The suffering means i know im on right path. Satan evil uses suffering as a way of scaring off them on right path. The suffering is the indicator im on right path.

There is no "right" or "wrong" path. It is just another experience - one that you happen to prefer. "Evil" as "suffering" is also just another perspective. Suffering can be beneficial such as putting your hand on the stove and knowing to move it, or feeling angry and staying quiet to avoid needless trouble. The suffering can sometimes be a warning used for benefit. It is all perspective.

reply to post by arpgme

I believe you made a mistake the monster only appeared that way. If you had examined it carefully the out image would of disolved to find the one. [ /quote]

This is not necessary. The truth is that the dream was all one "thing" all along, but if I dissolved it, could I have enjoyed the experience of the dark city with its beautiful lights? No, because there would be no contrast, I would realize it is all just a dream. It is the fact that the dream can appear as many things that allows for that artistic beauty.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I feel a person when being perplexed by a situation in the mind but still having clarity to realize there is more at play than meets the eyes and brain, will make a leap of faith and trust their heart; their silent voice. Im listening to mine right now and its narrating my words.

new topics

top topics

join