It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why Forgiving Others Makes Life Better For You

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   


One thing that makes it easier for me is my belief that we are all connected. When I workout, do my muscles get angry at my brain for making them stress and strain? Similarly, perhaps a reason someone causes us pain or sorrow to begin with is to give us an opportunity to grow.

Perhaps, before we are born, we decide on experiences to have during our lifetimes that other souls agree to act on. While most are joyful, others are horrible, possibly even heart-wrenching. But all these seemingly negative experiences, no matter how horrendous, allow us to step up and make some good come out of it. Whenever I experience something or someone which causes me pain or anger, I do my best to stop and think about the bigger picture: “What is the possible opportunity here?” Even when I hear devastating stories that have happened to others or in the news, I still think about the possible blessings.

I don’t mean to belittle the anguish and devastation that may come out of these situations, and I think everyone has a right to feel angry or depressed about whatever travesty they may have undergone. The issue, however, is when you hold onto the pain and let it control your thoughts, decisions, and actions. Such a situation doesn’t do anyone any good, especially you.


Why Forgiving Others Makes Life Better For You

After reading this article I was reminded of something that is easy to forget, especially this part..



The issue, however, is when you hold onto the pain and let it control your thoughts, decisions, and actions. Such a situation doesn’t do anyone any good, especially you.


Way to often I will be reading something here on ATS before I head out, only to find myself carrying those same negative feelings with me throughout a good majority of my day. I think it is important to read these things and stay up to date with current events, but at times we need a reminder to not carry the weight of them on our psyche all day long. I know I did!


edit on 21-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks I've been needing this.
This quote really made sense for me

“Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die.”

edit on 21-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
Thanks I've been needing this.
This quote really made sense for me

“Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die.”

edit on 21-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)


I've been needing this as well. It is something I know "I know"
lol but forget often enough I need it tattooed across my retinas! The poison quote makes it painfully clear how absurd it is.

Thanks for reading, best wishes!
edit on 21-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeANDreaming
One thing that makes it easier for me is my belief that we are all connected. When I workout, do my muscles get angry at my brain for making them stress and strain? Similarly, perhaps a reason someone causes us pain or sorrow to begin with is to give us an opportunity to grow.


I am about to say something that will more than likely get me flamed for saying on a conspiracy website!


This is just one "thought" in a sea full of "thoughts" lol please keep that in mind. With that said..

Who is to say TPTB (The Powers That Be) are in fact assisting us by helping us grow? If you re read the above quote, and look at the situation as a whole instead of as individual parts that KIND OF makes sense right?
edit on 21-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Great thread subject AwakeANDreaming, and something I need to personally work on.

Much wisdom in that article . Forgiving is important for ones own well being, but not always to the extent of allowing toxicity back in your life.

Thank you for posting something I needed to read.



posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
Forgiving is important for ones own well being, but not always to the extent of allowing toxicity back in your life.


Thank you for reading! I agree fully, balance is important for sure.

My above comment is making me nervous
I feel the need to remove it but part of me is resisting!


Just in case..



flame retardant suit
edit on 21-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming
 


Me too. I know I shouldn't have any negative thoughts, but I can't stop it. I drink gallons of this poison daily. It consumes me.
It's not healthy.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Try not to take things too personally.. I hold alot of negative past events in my memories and they really hurt/hinder instead of help you. You are indeed "poisoning YOURSELF" with these mantras that you keep rolling around in your thought processes.

The mantra I have now in my head everyday when thoughts turn negative and they do, I'm only human as we all are and going through the same things even though you think it's just you, it's a John Denver song I remembered and it stuck to me, "Some days are diamonds, some days are stone, sometimes the hard times won't leave me alone" just remember some days will be good and some will be bad, it's life. Let it go.


John Denver Some Days are Diamonds Legendary

edit on 22-10-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I made it my signature so I will see it every day now



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I made it my signature so I will see it every day now


LOL as did I recently, that way I would see it more often. We cool with having the same sig? lol I would gladly hand it to you!
edit on 22-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by violet
 


Just become mindful of it whilst you drink it and you'll be fine. Don't develop a sense of self that becomes dependent upon the "negative" feelings.
edit on 22-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by violet
 


And don't "try" to not have negative thoughts that's about as effective as trying not to think of a pink elephant.. as soon as you try not too BAM pink elephant up in your minds eye
Nobody said "negative" thoughts are bad, use them for what they are and let them go.
edit on 22-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by violet
 


I apologize if I came of as pushy in my reply to you lol after reading it sounds a lil judgmental and that was not my intention.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming
 


Very wise AwakeAndDreaming. Funny how we can tell ourselfs wisdom and forget it the next day. Humans are the most unsual navigators of the winds carrying their thoughts and moods.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Funny how we can tell ourselfs wisdom and forget it the next day. Humans are the most unsual navigators of the winds carrying their thoughts and moods.


Isn't that the truth. Maybe one day it will come natural for us and after enough practice we'll be para-sailing above the oceans of thought like a boss.
Until then I'll need as many reminders from my fellow humans as I can get!
Perhaps this explains my affinity towards elephants? They NEVER forget and some paint prettier pictures then me. Seriously!




edit on 22-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming
 





Even if they did enjoy causing you pain, can you find it in your heart to forgive them anyway? Can you let it go? Could you send them a letter of forgiveness? Even if you don’t send it, could you at least write it? Perhaps the person you need to forgive the most is yourself. Write that letter and mail it to yourself. Know that whatever you’re angry about, you, or the people who’ve angered you, were most likely doing the best they could, with the tools they had at the time. Yes, the tools were likely faulty, but maybe thinking about it that way makes forgiveness a little bit easier.


This is some words from the link to web page you added. Im wondering now if i have made anyone mad. Mabey i have abd should be writing a letter of forgiveness.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming
 


Painting elephant thats unbelieveable almost until seeing it. I always believed animals were genuine alive and conscious and have inner soul and intelligence. Now i have absolute proof seeing this painting by elephants.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage
 


I wouldn't let it weigh on your mind to much.


The anger quote still gets me every time I read it, so simple.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming
 





Even if they did enjoy causing you pain, can you find it in your heart to forgive them anyway? Can you let it go? Could you send them a letter of forgiveness? Even if you don’t send it, could you at least write it? Perhaps the person you need to forgive the most is yourself. Write that letter and mail it to yourself. Know that whatever you’re angry about, you, or the people who’ve angered you, were most likely doing the best they could, with the tools they had at the time. Yes, the tools were likely faulty, but maybe thinking about it that way makes forgiveness a little bit easier.


This is some words from the link to web page you added. Im wondering now if i have made anyone mad. Mabey i have abd should be writing a letter of forgiveness.


That's the thing, you would be mailing a letter of forgiveness to yourself, letting that anger/remorse go, the mail man might get a bit suspicious but I do not believe it is illegal to mail yourself letters, so you SHOULD be safe.



posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage
 


I definitely think elephants have a consciousness much like that of humans. They have so many emotions much like we do Did you know they mourn dead? Some even travel miles upon miles to pay there respects. I remember reading a thread awhile back about a herd of wild elephants that was rescued by a man worked with elephants. When he died like 5 days later this whole herd of elephants show up to his house to pay respects.. I'll have to find it to share with you. It was one of my favorite threads on ATS for awhile lol



new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join