It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WCPO news website showing presidential election results!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by KentuckyMan

Its called early voting... Absentee, Military etc etc... If people remeber there were some lawsuits in these states dealing with absentee ballots and early voting.

Not a conspiracy...
edit on 21-10-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Even so. Posting numbers early can sway votes based on who is ahead, why would anyone "waste" their vote voting for someone like a 3rd party if they have an abysmal number. Changing their vote, maybe not for their true choice, but for who they think can win.

Which totally makes the democratic process a joke.

If it already isn't which I have been learning is more and more possible over the years.
edit on 21-10-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

added some more info after you responded.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjp54
This is nuts..or else it is someone's idea of a sick joke...trying to paste the link to the page:
www.kypost.com...

I clicked through. Used your link. On the right side of the page under 'election resources'. Chose random. State kentucky. County boone. I Clicked election results. I see data. Flipped through tabs. Clicked view statewide results. Flipped through more tabs. Red text stating unofficial results is everywhere in the summary boxes.

I suppose in is the same with all the resource links. I only clicked into the one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

added some more info after you responded.

Ah got ya. Makes sense now. You would think there would be a disclaimer you couldn't miss saying this is only a test.

Why use real names? Would be better if they used something like "Candidate 1", "Candidate 2, etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Does this have anything to do with this thread that was just recently posted?

ELECTION ALREADY DECIDED?

This has Nationwide results w/ 99% reporting...

Here's a quote from a link to a news article posted within that thread roughly 50 minutes after the OP's thread was posted.

For 17 seconds, Phoenix, Arizona CBS News affiliate KPHO ran a lower third graphic that showed that Obama had won the Nov. 6 election over Gov. Mitt Romney with 99% of the precincts reporting. The lower third graphic appeared around 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 19, during an episode of “The People’s Court.”

The CBS News graphic showed Obama winning the election with 43 percent of the vote nationwide to Romney’s 40 percent -– or 40,237,966 votes to 38,116,216. It is unclear who garnered the other 17 percent in the fictional election results.

KPHO’s general manager did not return The Daily Caller’s request for comment by time of publication.

edit on 10/21/2012 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

a disclaimer you couldn't miss saying this is only a test.

Or an even more genius idea would be to test your graphics on a system that isn't live, maybe they aren't aware they have preview mode

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

a disclaimer you couldn't miss saying this is only a test.

Or an even more genius idea would be to test your graphics on a system that isn't live, maybe they aren't aware they have preview mode

Ah the conspiracy to get people to say the election is rigged. Then come out and say it was a test, and then tell people to discredit anything the "loony" people say about how elections are rigged.

Its a good plan

I don't believe it, but then again, anything could be possible

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
These "news reports" seem like reverse psychology with a side of Pavlov's dog to influence increased voter participation for the Red ticket.

Dunno

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I found this interesting...

Ohio county elections chief quits, citing stress

The Dayton Daily News reports ( http://(link tracking not allowed)/QwGPJb ) that Miami County elections director Steve Quillen cited "the stress of the upcoming presidential election" in his decision.

The county election board accepted Quillen's resignation Friday, just weeks before the election. He is a Republican so the county Republican Party in the key presidential battleground state will recommend his successor.

The county had experienced delays in getting absentee ballots to voters, but the board chairman says that played no part in Quillen's departure.

A Republican on the board said the shuffle won't affect the integrity of the election.

The board asked Quillen's deputy to contact the state elections chief for help.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KentuckyMan

Did you click on a county? I'm guessing no, because if you had you would see that there are no results yet.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey, stupid question here...but are we to believe these huge corporate news organizations have no ability to test system function WITHOUT engaging the full public display?? Uhhh... How many people here have a website and do live update or beta/alpha testing on the LIVE PRODUCTION site? I've met a few over the years who did...but they weren't running websites very long either.

I gotta wonder if the public was meant to see that and wonder, if nothing else..? It seems sloppy beyond description to see not only the midwest affiliate do it on a website but the Television broadcast someone had brought earlier as well. ( ?? )

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Did you click on a county? I'm guessing no, because if you had you would see that there are no results yet.

That's not entirely true...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I live in the Cincinnati area, and the CBS affiliate here is so ineptly run that it's hilarious. All kinds of unexplained black screen incidents and at the worst times possible. This area tries, but it's kind of a situation where no one gets fired for sucking at their job because they got the job due to knowing the boss from high school. I'm not surprised at all about this idiocy.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well this is interesting..

Through a closely held equity fund called Solamere, Mitt Romney and his wife, son and brother are major investors in an investment firm called H.I.G. Capital. H.I.G. in turn holds a majority share and three out of five board members in Hart Intercivic, a company that owns the notoriously faulty electronic voting machines that will count the ballots in swing state Ohio November 7. Hart machines will also be used elsewhere in the United States.

especially considering one of the ''apparent'' pre counted cities on this website is OHIO

www.wcpo.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A friend sent this to me in U2U (Thanks for the heads up!) and I came back as soon as I could to share. It appears, at least in part, this is perfectly legal and normal. I'm SHOCKED by that....but it is what it is.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The state of Ohio has released new numbers about early voting.
This comes just days after a decision to allow early voting in the state the weekend before Election Day on Nov. 7.
Close to 407,000 Ohioans have already cast their ballots for the upcoming election -- a statistic based on an informal survey of the state’s county boards as of Friday.
Source

Now this is just flat out wrong in my view. It's been bad enough for people on the West Coast watching the election all but end for outcomes before they even got off work to go VOTE some years. Hawaii may as well just save the money for all it matters for them actually wondering who may win as they vote. They know with near certainty.

THIS....gives voters weeks to look at the numbers and let it sink in...good or bad...either party it happens to be. That's wrong.
These totals should be held and then, TOGETHER, released to the nation when all 50 have had their say and been counted ..or at least CLOSED the active voting prior to any official results being shown. ANY results.. Just my thoughts.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So the thread title should be along the lines of "News Website Showing Early Voting Results."

That's some interesting news. Star for you.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

407,000?
but the tables show millions of votes.

still something missing here.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

They are using a loop hole in the laws governing elections. News is not allowed to call the winner in a race until the polls close in that state and the tally is certified.

Since they are not declaring a winner and are just reporting early voting its legal... However its something to watch. Ohio was one of those states where the early voting issues went to court. If I remeber right Ohio also is having issues with military members not getting ballots.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well I live in Tippecanoe county Indiana and I sure didn't see the election results for my county on there and we have one of the larger (population wise)

Marion county (where Indianapolis is) is not posted yet either. The counties that are posted are are smaller counties in population with the exception of Hamilton county. The results are not 100% or even close to 50% yet for Indiana.

This is false information from either a typo or just plain miss information.

Disregard it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I was following Ron Paul in the primaries and this happened all.the.time. Seriously. Everything from these so-called tests, to articles written up to 2 days before about who won, to the 'news' calling the winner in extremely close races when there was no way they could've had the results, yet somehow they did. It was DIRTY. Whether RP could've won or not, there's no doubt whatsoever that Romney and/or his people cheated shamelessly the whole way through the primaries.
I think maybe it's that they've been gaming the system for so long they're so arrogant that they don't even try to hide it anymore? Thankfully more and more people are wising up to it and a lot of people have computers and camera phones now to catch them at it. (BTW, I'm pretty certain both sides do it, not pointing fingers at any one party.)
So, take this as a head's up! Pay attention from now on and screen shot everything you come across.
There's probably another thread for this, but I'll add it here - On voting day, take a pic of your vote and upload it somewhere asap (in case something happens to your phone). If you find ballot anomalies, machines not working/counting, etc take pics and upload. If you can, plan to stay after the polls close to observe and document the numbers on the poll tapes. They actually have to follow a sort of chain of custody with the ballots/poll tapes, like the police do with evidence. The staff/volunteers may try to tell you you cannot, but in fact, not only CAN you, it is actually your DUTY as a citizen. If you plan on doing any of that, I would suggest you look up your state law to find out exactly what the rules are and if you can, print them off so you can show the staff if they try to hassle you. Here's a 5 minute video with more info about it.
"Video the Count: What to do on Election Night" youtu.be...

edit on 22-10-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join