It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be an ats mod.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hi.

So my ultimate goal is to be an ATS Moderator.

I want the badge, I want the glory, I want the power, but most of all I want the big bucks you guys make!

I want to add it to my resume and present it to my new employer.

I want to make my mamma proud and make my brother jealous.

So please tell me how oh how do I get one of the most coveted positions on all of the internet.

I'll be good I promise.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's easy. Work for no pay, be open to being called a Nazi and not take it personally. Action even your friends when they break the T&C. And put up with Crakeur's flatulence.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Good luck on your endeavor. When you are told everything is your fault remember how much you wanted the job

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You could start by not making useless begging threads? Just a thought like....

Who'd want to be a mod here anyway? I have enough trouble just reading a couple of the annoying threads on here, yet alone syphoning through everything and picking and choosing which posts should or shouldn't be deleted.

I suppose I actually have a life.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
You could start by not making useless begging threads? Just a thought like....

Who'd want to be a mod here anyway? I have enough trouble just reading a couple of the annoying threads on here, yet alone syphoning through everything and picking and choosing which posts should or shouldn't be deleted.

I suppose I actually have a life.

I think your avatar may get taken down due to T&C's....but then again..you never know.

I do think the mods here have a tough job, with no pay...and I think many of them survive because they have a good sense of humor about it.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in their chat room at times
I'm sure they have made a few jokes about me..

edit on 21-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I'm sure Staff is voting on your approval right now......

Des

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I thought we were friends.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I thought we were friends.

Hey...I'm rooting for ya Babes....

Des

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's easy. Work for no pay, be open to being called a Nazi and not take it personally. Action even your friends when they break the T&C. And put up with Crakeur's flatulence.

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice here last week that a Moderator had BEEN moderated for two posts on one thread and fairly recently too... You guys don't even get immunity as a perk. What a job! I guess we're lucky you either love, believe in, or just have nothing better to do than help keep ATS running smooth, eh? I fail to see where any of ya actually get anything tangible but a couple forums I figure exist back there for chatting Above the Really Above Top Secret level.

Hey...Is that the draw?? Is that forum where you learned who killed Kennedy and the answer to Life, the Universe and the #42? Hmmm...Maybe I need to look into that mod stuff too...... For those answers, all the abuse may be worth it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

It's a loving combination from what I've figured. See I love being a member so much I don't want to be a mod. But I love the place so much and feel enough debt that I would do it in a tic if asked. But I'm have'in to much fun to mess it up on my own.

edit on 21-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh.......for a minute I thought you were being sarcastic or something.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's quite ironic really, how the structure of the ATS staff could be mirrored by the NWO!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've heard there are only 4 actual Mods...they just all have multiple personality disorder...

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It is only on rare occasion that someone seeking power can be trusted with it.

So, you can choose to be rare or commonplace, if chosen to be a mod. If you aren't selected, try to feel peace with just having power over your own existence. It's sounds easy, but it's a real &*$^% who loves a good distraction.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
It's quite ironic really, how the structure of the ATS staff could be mirrored by the NWO!

Where do you think the NWO got the idea from?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Hi.

So my ultimate goal is to be an ATS Moderator.

So, this is your way of saying "Mom, Dad... I'm a masochist and I'm PROUD!"?

FTR: I LOVE being an ATS staff member. It has truly been one of the most enjoyable periods of my entire life. The pleasure that it brings me by far and away exceeds all previously known forms of pleasure and I wake each day, eager to log on...

( they have my family... can you please swallow this message and give it to the clerk at the Lichtensteinian embassy??? )

~Heff

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Simple just send me $300, your social security number, address, birth certificate and mothers maiden name.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Hmm, much better.

*Better get the waterboarding equipment out*

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

First rule of joining fight mod club:

Don't Ask To Join fight mod club

The hours are terrible, the pay is well...not there, and it's a thankless job.

Beats the hell out of my old 9-5 though..

Just kidding, I love this place, loving helping being a part of it. If you want to be a mod I have only one thing to say.

Be a great member, stay off the T&C violation radar and be patient. Hell if they let me in, anybody can be a mod

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join