It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Possible coup in Burma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Reports of possible coup in Burma, Thailand. Still unconfirmed.

From Burma tension 'may be coup'

THAILAND'S prime minister said today he had unconfirmed reports of "political tension" in neighbouring military-ruled Burma, while a Thai army general suggested a coup might have taken place there.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who is in the town of Mae Sot near the Burma border for a special Cabinet meeting, said "there might be some change" in Burma.

"I have received reports that there is some political tension in Myanmar (Burma)," he said. "There might be some change there, but I cannot confirm at the moment what exactly happened."

Meanwhile, a Thai Army general also in Mae Sot told The Associated Press: "We believe that there has been a coup in Myanmar, but cannot confirm it now. But we're sure there has been a change."

Sources in Burma were unable to confirm the reports

Click link for the full article...

Most likely militant muslims if you ask me. And I said militant muslims.
So you non-militant muslims shouldn�t bother flaming me for this. Aw, what the . Flame away...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Most likely militant muslims if you ask me. And I said militant muslims.
So you non-militant muslims shouldn�t bother flaming me for this. Aw, what the . Flame away...

According to the CIA website, Muslims only make up 4% of Burma's population.
The Human Rights Watch website, says they are the target of violence in that region not the instigators so they may not be the ones behind this.

I checked the NED website and noticed they've been very busy in Burma, spending over $2 million on democracy and human rights programs just in 2003.
I wonder if they were using these programs to provide funds to people who were plotting the COUP, if that's what this was.

EDIT: More recent news stories say he may have just been fired for corruption.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

new topics

join