It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International monitors at US polling spots draw criticism from voter fraud groups

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Given that the UN monitors most elections around the world - what makes you so special as to "not deserve it"?

The USA is part of the world, the USA is NOT the world.

Neil Simon, director of communications for the OSCE’s parliamentary assembly, agreed the U.N. does not have jurisdiction over U.S. elections but noted all OSCE member counties, which include the United States, have committed since 1990 to hold free and democratic elections and to allow one another to observe their elections.

So why the surprise here??

Just because you didn't know something, it doesn't make it a conspiracy, or an outrage, or illegal.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by vkey08

What you fail to see is that it's a very good idea to have outside observers in American elections.

It may lessen the chances of the Romney camp stealing Ohio and the rest of the country.

And don't lie, Romney supporters. You know damn well that he would do something as despicable as this.

It's far more likely to have the Chicago thugs from the Obama camp steal votes and suppress Republican votes.

Romney is basically a decent man. Obama is not.

Romney won't be the person doing the dirty work, he won't even know about it.

Doesn't change the fact it is wrong

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Well since no one can give a plausible reason to not have "observers" I am going to conclude that certain parties...(the two party paradigm) were already planning on cheating and now they cannot stand that someone might notice.

You idjets do realize we have had outside monitors before....don't you? If not....please turn in your voter registration cards...you are too freaking stupid to be able to contribute.

I don't care who is watching. If they can curtail the fraud...awesome! It's not like we have to listen to them anyway....what you think there is going to be a U.N. decree against us?...a sanction? A war crimes like tribunal? You know...the people that actually control the U.N. are not what you think. You make me laugh...like the U.N. is an outside agenda that is against Amurikan beliefs....we run it sugar...they do whatever we say. This bullsh!t was "our" idea....we sold it lock, stock and barrel to the rest of the world and they bit like starving fish....

So...if they catch some cheating from the two wings of the same bird of prey....more power to them. it's time we go on a hunt and exterminate to the point of extinction...this two winged bird of prey. there are new and modern parties to replace the corruption, the cronyism, the rascalism and the downright despicable system.

Or else we get this to pass on to our children:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

UN Monitors Story

Uh... really? Both sides have engaged in some sort of voter manipulation over the years, last time I seem to remember the Black Panthers being involved in a row about voting in Pennsylvania. But the bigger question is, is it legal for the United Nations to have a presence in our elections? Personally I think this is a very bad sign of things to come, but I'd like to hear others thoughts...

The UN can kiss my ass.
That is all we need, just one step closer to Blue Helmets being on the ground here.
Hey, UN....Keep walking North or South until you hit the respective border, then cross and never come back.

How is this even legal?

edit on 22-10-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
OK let me try once again to express what i've tried to, and I really don't like when someone calls me an idiot (idjit i think someone used)

I really could care less f they watched every single person in every single state vote, the popular vote does not really in the end matter. We do in this country however have laws governing how the ELECTORS cast their ballots and that process cannot (or should not I'm sure it's been over time) be interrupted or influenced in any way by a foreign power.. even in a "observer" type of condition.

We do not elect a President by direct suffrage in the United States, we are a REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC not a Democracy... The Electoral System must be kept as pure and devoid of intervention as is humanly possible...

Just remember in 2000 Gore got more of the popular vote. Bush got the Office by virtue of the ELECTORS, who do not by law have to vote for the person who carries the popular vote... Our system just simply does not allow foreign intervention.. it's part of why the Obama BC issue was so watched until everyone figured out it was a fraud.. You cannot hold that office if you aren't an American citizen.. (note I said until everyone figured out it was a fraud)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Which part of "observer" suggests interference? Paranoid much?

Did you read the article and the history of this organisation? The US is a part of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by vkey08

Which part of "observer" suggests interference?

Doesn't matter, they have no business in the US. Period.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

How about the part where they warn us not to vote for Romney? Is that interference? And are they only going after conservatives? What about the other not so conservative parties that cheats? It does happen on both sides you know.

Grrrrrr, I can't wait until this election. Remember people, it's not reds vs. blues....it's citizens vs. all crooked politicians.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
It's pretty sad when we have military all over the world and spend trillions on the rest of the planet but the UN is monitoring our elections.

Just another small step in the effort to eventually subjugate US citizens to UN rule.

Right, because a few observers is really going to usher in the control and suppression of a few billion people

This is just as it sounds, the UN are there to monitor the polling to prevent the maniac right wing from stealing the election. It's hardly surprising considering what the Republican party has done in Michigan, and what they did to their own party at the RNC.

I think these right-leaning groups need to get their priorities straight. They're quick to scream about this, but they make no peep about their own party disregarding the votes of their own party faithful!

They are the usual hypocrites, screaming about something they don't like while ignoring something far more dangerous and disgusting carried out by their OWN PARTY.

I wouldn't be trusting the Republican party one bit after the nefarious actions they have been PROVEN to be engaging in.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
To bad these "observers" will not be in place to PREVENT any fraud... We are way out of line with their involvement.

Chaotic voter registration rolls make it too easy to commit voter fraud. A February study by the non-partisan Pew Center on the States found one in eight voter registrations were inaccurate, out-of-date or duplicates. Nearly 2.8 million people were registered in two or more states, and perhaps 1.8 million registered voters are dead.

Critics of voter ID laws also fail to note they are designed not just to stop voter impersonation but also multiple voting, non-citizen voting, people voting in the wrong precinct, out-of-state voting and voting in the names of fictitious people.

Examples of fraud are plentiful. Three non-citizens were arrested in Iowa last month for voting illegally in the 2010 general election and 2011 city election. A Democratic nominee for Congress resigned in Maryland last month after allegations that she had voted in two states at the same time. A 2004 New York Daily News study found that 46,000 people were registered to vote in both New York City and Florida, and that 400 to 1,000 had voted in both states in the same election. Florida decided the 2000 presidential election by 537 votes.

Observers will be here to protect minorities?? Really?

African-American support

Former congressman Artur Davis says he stopped opposing photo ID laws because of too many instances of voter fraud in his Alabama district, some of which have been prosecuted. "The most aggressive voter suppression in the African-American community ... is the wholesale manufacture of ballots," he says.

A 2012 Rasmussen poll found that 64% of Americans think voter fraud is "very" or "somewhat" serious. Blacks (64%) and those earning under $20,000 a year (71%) agreed.

The Supreme Court has backed that concern. In 2008, it found states have the right to pass photo ID laws; the majority included liberal Justice John Paul Stevens. In a unanimous 2006 decision reinstating Arizona's voter ID law, the court stated: "Voter fraud drives honest citizens out of the democratic process. ... Voters who fear their legitimate votes will be outweighed by fraudulent ones will feel disenfranchised."

We can make it easy to vote and hard to cheat. We should keep trying.

www.usatoday.com...

So, what's the underlying motive to bring in the "observers"? Obama is in panic mode right now, his numbers are slipping and his former supporters are leaving. Clearly his campaign a revenue vs. spending problem. The Obama campaign took out a $15million loan from BofA last month. Quite the contrast from the record breaking revenue Obama brought in for the 2008 election.

The Obama campaign, while leading in most September polls, took out a $15 million loan from Bank of America that is due to be repaid on Nov. 14, or eight days after the 2012 elections, according to a report in The Blaze published Saturday.

The campaign will owe a 2.5% interest rate plus the current Libor rate, according to a report by The Blaze. Meanwhile, pundits are asking why Obama’s campaign, the only candidate to ever pledge to raise a billion dollars, needed to run out and get a $15 million loan with the election close at hand.

Hmmm.... is there trouble within the campaign?? or is it just a spending and budget problem. (no surprise)

While campaign loans are not unusual, Obama’s connections to Bank of America are politically charged. Warren Buffett, Obama donor and namesake of the infamous “Buffett Rule,” invested $5 billion in Bank of America, ostensively to help the ailing financial institution recover from a bad economy.

In September, two weeks after OFA took out the loan, Bank of America announced a plan to lay off 16,000 workers by the end of the year.

Also, Bank of America contributed $20 million toward the cost of the Democrat National Convention in Charlotte while Bank of America stadium, home to the Carolina Panthers, was scheduled to host Obama’s acceptance speech.

The campaign switched to a significantly smaller venue days before the DNC convention, citing concerns about the weather, however bad weather never materialized.

The Democratic National Convention was hyped as the first campaign “to make history” by pledging to only use money donated by private individuals.

However FEC reports caused problems for the Obama campaign and for Democrats when it reported the DNC received no less than $5 million in corporate donations to conduct its convention.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Typical huh ?

Lets get enraged now when its "this" election.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Just the fact that they observe a process that has semi-worked for 200+ years is interference, people get snarky when they are being watched...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Firstly: Stop banging your head that way, you'll damage the wall.

Secondly: This has been going on for years and its something the collectives that is the UN have agreed upon. We agree upon it and the rest of the members of the UN do too. Did we not watch the elections going on in Egypt last fall? Do we not have an interest in the leadership of the other coutries of the world. Do they have an interest in us? You bet we / they do. We share this rock, we need to cooperate with each other.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I really doubt they are interested in stopping it altogether, just make sure that only 1 party is able to.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by vkey08

Which part of "observer" suggests interference? Paranoid much?

Did you read the article and the history of this organisation? The US is a part of it.

Some people just live to be enraged. They do not feel alive otherwise. You know this, you moderate this joint.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Sure they do. By agreement with the US. We are the ones who offered the land they use in NY for their world organization. You know they are housed here in the US dont you?
Address of the United Nations

760 United Nations Way
New York New York 10017

I visited the place when I was in grade school. Even got to watch some session. Its a large building right there on US soil in the middle of New York City.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

But...but....sovereignty or something!!!....?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

As vkey08 has pointed out as a constitutional republic, we the US citizens do not directly elect our president.[ I know that you personally are not a US citizen] So this brings up the thought that this is a bit of propaganda. Stir the pot over fears of wrong doings at the polls. Are said monitors going to be observing that process as well? Not according to the article.LINK

The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), a United Nations partner on democratization and human rights projects, will deploy 44 observers from its human rights office around the country on Election Day to monitor an array of activities, including potential disputes at polling places. It's part of a broader observation mission that will send out an additional 80 to 90 members of parliament from nearly 30 countries

But according to many on the political left there is no evidence of voter fraud. Hence why we don't have to show ID when we vote. Now there is a problem??? Which is it? That is why I believe this is just a case of fear-mongering.
edit on 22-10-2012 by hangedman13 because: ehh

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by vkey08

I don't know if it is illegal, but it certainly speaks volumes of the state of our nation. Having the UN monitor makes me uneasy.

The GOP primaries were mired with fraud Beezer! Many civil rights groups have called for this, and I welcome observers! I think it is a shame we cannot do something like Russia did last time around.

US civil rights groups want international observers to monitor election violations
rt.com...

Romney's ties with voting machines makers raise alarms.
rt.com...

High price of transparency: $300 million webcam experiment to ensure fair Russian vote.
rt.com...

2012 republican primary fraud (Google 10,000,000 results)
www.google.com...

Black Box Election Fraud Alleged in GOP Primaries
americanfreepress.net...

Republican U.S. House Staffers Indicted for Felony Election Fraud as GOP Fraud Epidemic Continues
www.bradblog.com...

G.O.P. Long Trailed by Allegations of Voter Fraud
www.nytimes.com...

From Romneys 47% speech.
Our guys do races all over the world. I mean, they worked for Bibi Netanyahu in his race. I would give you names but, I'd have to shoot you.

Netanyahu's Top Donors Show Mitt the Money
gjetefa.info.../uSk36+t5PSiWwIB9U0fW

Netanyahu: I'm Not Backing Romney!
abcnews.go.com...

If you will cheat in the primaries, you will cheat in the general election!

edit on 22-10-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Voter fraud is rampant in my community and throughout the county.

apparently not

Republican election officials who promised to root out voter fraud so far are finding little evidence of a widespread problem.

State officials in key presidential battleground states have found only a tiny fraction of the illegal voters they initially suspected existed. Searches in Colorado and Florida have yielded numbers that amount to less than one-tenth of 1 percent of all registered voters in either state.

- or at least the GOP can't find any Dem's doing it.......it has to be remembered they were not actually looking for any of their own!!

Especially telling, critics of the searches say, is that the efforts are focused on crucial swing states from Colorado to Florida, where both political parties and the presidential campaigns are watching every vote. And in Colorado, most of those who received letters are either Democrats or unaffiliated with a party. It's a similar story in Florida, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join