It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt wants Iran to share The Bomb

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yup.

Sorta worked for 70 years, kinda almost. Soft and fuzzy Non-proliferation/Bombs into Plowshares treaties or "if you try, we'll turn your country into glass' threats coupled with economic sanctions that turn despotic governments into gravediggers for their starving populations... none of that worked with North Korea, did it?

Sure, we can TRY to hold them back as long as we can, as long as a WWIII won't upset that apple cart or that China might find it advantageous to supply Iran those very weapons in exchange for a more dependable oil supply. Dang those under the table cheaters anyways.

I'd be in favour of getting rid of all nukes, but that's not going to happen, is it? The notion that only a few countries may produce them won't work either, because if the rest can't buy the tech, they'll damn well try to figure it out on their own.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by torqpoc

God didn't say ... 'thou shalt not protect yourself'.
And in the Old Testament ... 'God' supposedly gave lots of killing orders.
If you want to quote 'God' in the bible .. you might want to quote all of what He supposedly says.
And he's not exactly a peaceful 'God' in scripture.

Asking me to quote all that God said is, in the context of my response and this topic, rather ridiculous.

We can all interpret the scriptures as we wish however I quoted a COMMANDMENT.

We could sit here all day and faff about what else he didn't tell us we could or couldn't do.. again rather pointless and ridiculous.

Whether he was or was not peaceful being as portrayed in the Bible has nothing to do with my statement.

If you can't stay on topic, don't bother to respond please.

T
edit on 22-10-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Are you saying women are too ignorant or stupid to understand the movement?

Your assumption is incorrect and no, that is not what I am saying.

Thank you for twisting my words, yet again...

ETA:

I'm still waiting for the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
No sir, you are completely wrong:

Um .. no. I've read that junk about 'japan was ready to surrender' before. It's hogwash. I was in the Army and stationed in Japan for three years .. 1983-1986. I worked with Japanese people who lived through the war. I visited Hiroshima. They absolutely were NOT going to surrender. Ever. And the population of Japan was one big war machine. Even the little kindergardeners would go to school half a day and then go work in bullet factories the other half of the day.

The bomb drop was totally justified.
It was the only way to stop the war at the lowest risk to American lives.
Japan started the war and it picked on the wrong country.
America ended the war in the best way possible for America - as it should be.
It's just that simple.

So you are a better expert on the matter than Dwight Eisenhower himself?

Or are you also more qualified than the Survey group assigned by President Truman?

Let me guess, you are also more qualified than General Douglas MacArthur on this as well?

No, I didn't think so.

The three years that you spent in Japan, and the opinions that you formed do not change the conclusion that these experts have come to about the unnecessary bombing of Japan.

Did you even read the link?

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yet you choose to ignore all the other people who were quoted in the link I provided. You failed to grasp the context of that post in the other thread Slayer, it must of went way over your head but thanks for twisting my words

wait wait lol did you just slam another poster for being ignorant..........

When it is YOU who is using someones quotes and ideas when they work for you, and then when they dont you back track and deny?

That is the hight of hypocrisy............do you even listen to yourself?

Im starting to wonder now if you are just trying to antagonize......trolling involves riding both sides of the fence and playing either side when it will spur a reaction......

You seem to do that alot......your name fits tho, you keep exposing your agenda
edit on 22-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

wait wait lol did you just slam another poster for being ignorant..........

I did no such thing...what is it that induces your hallucinations?

When it is YOU who is using someones quotes and ideas when they work for you, and then when they dont you back track and deny?

Once again I did no such thing, you are still hallucinating. If you are going to accuse me of something you should at least have the decency to back up your claims...too bad they cannot be proven.

That is the hight of hypocrisy............do you even listen to yourself?

Once again you have nothing to back up your claims so you resort to character assasination and ad hominen attacks...good job turbo

Im starting to wonder now if you are just trying to antagonize......trolling involves riding both sides of the fence and playing either side when it will spur a reaction......

You seem to do that alot......your name fits tho, you keep exposing your agenda

I'm here to dicuss a wide range of topics and I do not have an agenda. Don't throw a hissy fit just because we don't agree. At least I have the decency to back up my claims meanwhile you are incapable of posting anything of substance.

It is you who is here to troll and antagonize and I am very sorry that I did not react the way that you were wishing to your little rant.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Once again, I must reiterate my position.

I posted this because the idea of another country having the bomb frightens me.

67 years ago, we dropped the bomb. That started the sand running through the hour-glass. The human races hour-glass. Every bomb built, every country that gains one, creates a "quicker pour" of the sand that denotes our demise.

I just hope we can find a solution before the sand runs out.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Warning: Contents of videoclip are graphic, view discretion is advised

Yeah sure it was a great fail

edit on 22-10-2012 by ALlENATION because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
If you can't stay on topic, don't bother to respond please.

I was on topic. You just don't like that the information from the response doesn't match up to what you were saying. YOU said 'God said do not kill' in the bible. I pointed out that "God" in the bible absolutely DID say go out and kill .. many times. And God never told people to roll over and die if they were threatened. All that is the truth and it is very much on the topic that YOU brought up.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yes I read it. I've read that stuff before. You are free to believe the article and what the politicians supposedly said. I prefer to believe my own experiences and what I encountered while living in Japan as well as what I learned by personally being in Hiroshima. They were NOT going to surrender. The bombing was justified. They started the war and we ended it. Believe otherwise if you wish.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by milkyway12

Nuclear bombs on Japan? 100% worth it. Without a doubt.

No sir, you are completely wrong:

The U.S. Strategic Bombing Survey group, assigned by President Truman to study the air attacks on Japan, produced a report in July of 1946 that concluded (52-56):

Based on a detailed investigation of all the facts and supported by the testimony of the surviving Japanese leaders involved, it is the Survey’s opinion that certainly prior to 31 December 1945 and in all probability prior to 1 November 1945, Japan would have surrendered even if the atomic bombs had not been dropped, even if Russia had not entered the war, and even if no invasion had been planned or contemplated.

General (and later president) Dwight Eisenhower – then Supreme Commander of all Allied Forces, and the officer who created most of America’s WWII military plans for Europe and Japan – said:

The Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn’t necessary to hit them with that awful thing.

Newsweek, 11/11/63, Ike on Ike

Eisenhower also noted (pg. 380):

In [July] 1945… Secretary of War Stimson, visiting my headquarters in Germany, informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question the wisdom of such an act. …the Secretary, upon giving me the news of the successful bomb test in New Mexico, and of the plan for using it, asked for my reaction, apparently expecting a vigorous assent.

During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of ‘face’. The Secretary was deeply perturbed by my attitude….

Admiral William Leahy – the highest ranking member of the U.S. military from 1942 until retiring in 1949, who was the first de facto Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and who was at the center of all major American military decisions in World War II – wrote (pg. 441):

It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender because of the effective sea blockade and the successful bombing with conventional weapons.

The lethal possibilities of atomic warfare in the future are frightening. My own feeling was that in being the first to use it, we had adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages. I was not taught to make war in that fashion, and wars cannot be won by destroying women and children.

www.zerohedge.com...

There is plenty more at that link so you should check it out, you might learn a little something

Quality information

Thanks for posting CE

Meanwhile for the crafty people . .

edit on 22-10-2012 by ALlENATION because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

actually everything ive stated on this thread i back up with facts, or facts that are already in the OP...

2nd. your claim that "once again i have nothing to back up...yada yada" doesnt stand.........because I ALWAYS back up my claims with facts........

Its you who chooses to waffle around and only use figures when they suit your agenda........clearly ignoring the fact that a source YOU used, also said something totally counter to your arguement.....

You like to cherry pick .....

So you can accuse me of whatever you like but my past post history stands on its own merit........

Unfortunately for you, so does yours

It is you who is here to troll and antagonize and I am very sorry that I did not react the way that you were wishing to your little rant.

actually you reacted exactly like I expected......with hostility, a feigned sense of superiority , and accusations against me you cannot backup......

edit on 22-10-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ignorance?
Like the dropping of those nukes on Japan saved not only American lives, but Canadian lives as well. the mainland invasion of Japan would have cost over 1 million lives.

American,British,Canadian, and Japanese lot of Canadians volunteered wonder what generation who fought WW2 in the Pacific would have said to someone who said dropping nuclear bombs on Japan
"wasn't worth" it.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Um .. no. I've read that junk about 'japan was ready to surrender' before. It's hogwash.

Yeah considering Japanese imperial soldiers were still fighting the war even right up til the 70s that have been found on pacific islands.

Complete and utter hogwash,
edit on 22-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So you are a better expert on the matter than Dwight Eisenhower himself?

Or are you also more qualified than the Survey group assigned by President Truman?

Let me guess, you are also more qualified than General Douglas MacArthur on this as well?

No, I didn't think so.

The three years that you spent in Japan, and the opinions that you formed do not change the conclusion that these experts have come to about the unnecessary bombing of Japan.

Did you even read the link?

I fully agree that the 2 bombs dropped over Japan was FULLY JUSTIFIED.

And no, I am not an expert such as those luminaries that you used to justify your hatred of USA.

All that I have are forefathers whom faced the horrifying and terrifying Japan Imperial Army DIRECTLY and NOT as suited experts in some cushy office or air-con tent in the jungles whom you take pride and store in.

Our courageous forefathers could never believe the insane attitudes of the japanese army, who will never never surrender and will fight to the last men as in Iwo Jima,Guadal canal, etc. The imperial army were not humans, but seemingly alien species from another world.

They even made their own civilian japanese people hiding in bunkers to commit suicide than to face capture. Even when the japanese whom were saved, who tried to tell the civilians to come out of their bunkers, they refused and blew up everyone.

Many lives were needlessly lost. And this was what our forefathers will face if they had to invade Japan mainland with troops on the grounds. Far far more would be dead, and may even be a genocide by the japanese people themselves.

In truth, it was not the bombs that stop the imperial japan army. Millions more were prepared to die. It took the Japanese Emperor, considered a god to them, to finally announce to his people to 'bear the unbearable' by surrendering after watching the effects of their misplaced loyalty to him even in the face of the terrifying weapons used, then did most japanese troops gave up, around the world.

Even then, there were still rebellion by a few younger officers to continue the senseless fight, a fight that Truman was determined equally to continue with more A bombs to stop them.

The world had seen the carnage wrought with the first and last time it happened, thus NEVER again. It is the ground troops and masses who dies, but never the leaders whom will hide in bunkers, and worse are the culprit leaders who initiated new wars. Thus, we mankind must NOT ALLOW the proliferation of nukes to endanger our world.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

ETA:

I'm still waiting for the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's twice now that you haven't realized YOUR name IS the LINK....

Atoms for peace LOL

edit on 22-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the correction, it's been one of those "Mondays" if you know what I mean.

I apologize for accusing you of not providing the link when in fact you actually did.

My bad for not noticing it in the actual post.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The poll of 812 Egyptians, half of them women, was conducted in a series of in-person interviews by the firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner and sponsored by the Israel Project, a pro-Israel advocacy organization with offices in Washington and Jerusalem. According to the poll, Iran is viewed favorably in Egypt, with 65 percent of those surveyed expressing support of the decision to renew Egypt-Iran relations and 61 percent expressing support of the Iranian nuclear project, versus 41 percent in August 2009.

812 people is totally non-credible! Just as non-credible as rasmussen's #ed up poll of 600 americans if they want democrats(vanilla) or republicans(chocolate). And half women...LOL! Fickle as hell! By a pro-israeli advocacy organisation......PATHETIC but at least they are honest about it.

Come on. How can people be so pro-israeli biased in a region of the world dominated by arabs is beyond me. Give the palestinians the credit they deserve. They are locked up as animals behind walls built by the non-secular jewish government. Can we call a spade a spade or what? Perpetually lying only makes things worse. I am not for a two-state solution mind you, one state with a secular government, perhaps make jerusalem a seperate nation if no other solution is viable.

It is natural for the arabs to be pro-palestine, even many christians are! Please....

I know how many are going to "side" on this issue. Go on and shout! Me? I'll be digging my bomb shelter.

There is no sense in shouting because people do not change their minds easy and the moderators don't like it either. Maybe on youtube I would....

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Ignorance?
Like the dropping of those nukes on Japan saved not only American lives, but Canadian lives as well. the mainland invasion of Japan would have cost over 1 million lives.

American,British,Canadian, and Japanese lot of Canadians volunteered wonder what generation who fought WW2 in the Pacific would have said to someone who said dropping nuclear bombs on Japan
"wasn't worth" it.

I am not going to argue either pro or anti nuclear bombs in japan. All I know is that the american and european governments like to order wars too easy and don't have the intestinal fortitude to carry through. We start wars we cannot finish.

Look at russia who single-handedly won world war 2 in europe. Did they take lots of casualties? Yes! They almost lost the war but through perserverance they pulled through. Britain and the USA did mop up operations and they were no match for the soviet machine. Zhukov and Stalin were awesome. I watched the documentary on the history channel a few days ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join