It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World population hitting human capacity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Bare with me as i have several things to consider here.

I was wondering what people generally thought about this elephant in the room. Its obvious to me that the world is experiencing some effects of over-populace without any regard to cause or the nature of the fact that we are growing, it seems, almost exponentially. Our adaptability seems to be showing signs of falter, holding onto traditional platforms such as religion and economic system procedural. It seems our idealogy while holding true to some communities doesn't lack the ironies of broad united collectivism in its text. The human brain is capable of almost infinite possibilities yet we still are slaves to our Ego and Gods, preventing the necessary progress evolution decrees among us. Social binds are prohibiting our abilities to advocate new learning methods and course correct our synapse to think clearer and quicker.

No doubt 7 billion is alot of people, but how much can mother nature hold without our psychological influence. 15 billion? 20?

There is a fundamental difference between how much we can handle and how much planet earth can withstand. I firmly believe the earth with all of its resources and capabilities has what is necessary to sustain human life in all of its entirety. With the human body in all of its might, elegance, complexity, and efficacy i can only imagine the planets resolve (including that which we already know). We only have to unlock its secrets and distribute them unconditionally with the most human of intentions: Compassionately. Some of these secrets were unlocked during the time of Nikola Tesla and some are still being locked away from our feeble unfit minds, whether it be simple power hungry peoples that be, or purposefully set in private eyes for the good of all man for within all men lies potential evil, or simply one man broke the code never to be understood again until the next humanitarian genious arises. Whatever the reason is we as people lack the capacity to live amongst great numbers. Even if we had the technology to live without desperation of any kind would we be able to withstand the fear of over-population? Simply put: What we do if we were on the brink of losing space on earth?

You can see it on the television, in the real world, and on our very own forums now, we thrive on opposition rather than connections. This outlashing may just be the fact that we know subconsciously we are growing so fast that our current systems are obviously getting in the way of living comfortably. We are projecting our anger from our inabilities, our insecurities of not knowing the future of our and our childrens well-being. I believe if we are to survive this ....conundrum, we have to acknowledge it as a problem and seek to council the residual effects our old systems and work and progress into new more sustainable ones. And it is sad that i'm not just talking about economic models. If we are to withstand or even prevent a "population control event" It would require such new systems for then our future would be more enlightened to more than just "We have too many people, it's time to kill off a percentage".

Its obvious to me now that our systems are decaying as fast as our moral and ethical capacities are. Yet they are the stranglehold that our fundalmentalists use to subjugate us into primal herds. I say let a revolution occur in our minds that we may surpass our ancestors. Things like greed, lust, power, entitlement, glutteny dont need to enslave your mind. You are as powerful as you want to be, but using your power to your on end is its own form of slavery. You have endless capabilities why do we waste them following old precepts that end violently, or without reason.

I think breathing new life into our psychological conscious will free us all from the purgatory of self-indulgence. But alas are we willing to sacrifice any aspect of ourselves for humanity and its prosperity? I feel like we've only touched the very tip of the human iceburg of what we can accomplish if only we were able to conquer ourselves.

So i ask: How many people and generations of blowing eachother up will it take to realize and apply this very basic and essential function?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Not until we reach 4th density...

"Coming Soon"

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Point taken,nice write up...Imagine if there were no wars in the past,what would we be at now?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I believe that absolutely no one has the right to command that the population be reduced. No one has the right to say that this particular group of people need to go and that group too. Nobody has the right to cap how many children a couple can have. For if someone does have the right to make such decisions, to cull the “useless eaters” (such a vile term) then why shouldn’t the decision maker be eliminated too? What gives them immunity? At the heart of it we’re all the same, we’re all human. I personally believe that over population is a complete and utter myth. I think it’s a control tool, nothing more. A scare tactic. With the way the corporate world works with such ridiculous wastage of everything, perhaps over population has its merits in a manufactured sort of way, sort of like the Middle Eastern wars on terrorism. But if things were done for the benefit of mankind and not for profits (free energy and the like, better farming practises), over population is a false notion.

Old mate Charlie Chaplin once said, somewhat accurately I may say; "You need power only when you want to do something harmful. Otherwise love is enough to get everything done…"
edit on 21-10-2012 by BlindBastards because: .

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

Rothschild New World Order Lies!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
I believe that absolutely no one has the right to command that the population be reduced. No one has the right to say that this particular group of people need to go and that group too. Nobody has the right to cap how many children a couple can have. For if someone does have the right to make such decisions, to cull the “useless eaters” (such a vile term) then why shouldn’t the decision maker be eliminated too? What gives them immunity? At the heart of it we’re all the same, we’re all human. I personally believe that over population is a complete and utter myth. I think it’s a control tool, nothing more. A scare tactic. With the way the corporate world works with such ridiculous wastage of everything, perhaps over population has its merits in a manufacturing sort of way. But if things were done for the benefit of mankind and not for profits (free energy and the like, better farming practises), over population is a false notion.

Old mate Charlie Chaplin once said, somewhat accurately I may say; "You need power only when you want to do something harmful. Otherwise love is enough to get everything done…"

Very well said, In a non-rescinding way i agree with you lol. I think we have what it takes to control our fears and not let other people control them for us. We are capable of so many great things if we were to just choose to do them. And no one has the right to dictate one life over the other yet our governments seem to think so, political rheteric and media non-sense aside.

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
Point taken,nice write up...Imagine if there were no wars in the past,what would we be at now?

Thats an extremely interesting question. Where do you think we would be? Had there been no wars at all? that would surface some new kind of collective thought...or We're brewing something pretty aweful soon
edit on 21-10-2012 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
We need to adapt in the food and medicine department if we wish to survive.

Religious views are inhibiting genetic knowledge. We need to evolve into being.able to grow and clone food and Medicine. Without this option I believe that there will be a capacity to our current food production.

We are one good serious drought from famine. I live here in the Midwest we currently can produce a crapload of corn and beans. But that is weather permitting.

Biological engineering is the future.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
life and death...system put in place to govern things. no fear of over-population.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
sigh...........

TIME TO KILL THE MYTH

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
sigh...........

TIME TO KILL THE MYTH

If you read my post you'd know that i'm trying to say over-population is a ruse. A human construct set in place to bind us down even more than we already are.

Although i guess i should been more clear

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Don't trust the population numbers.

Obama had to give +7 million foreigners US citizenship since he'd been in office to replace all the Americans, america itself killed off on its own to generate $$$.

Seems nobody was in control of all the research centers testing things on Americans that's been killing them all off.

Everybody else on the Planet may have been booming, North America has been dying. Killed itself. They let some real monsters run their research centers with the Nazi's from Project Paperclip.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Don't trust the population numbers.

You're only the second person I personally have ever seen question these figures.

Warning: Be careful of questioning the population numbers, even on ATS. You will be relegated to the fringe very quickly. The population figures are written in liquid gold on holy vellum, and not to be questioned by mere mortals such as ourselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

12 billion is my educated guess, although pandemics might be worse than what we have had in the past, so its anyone's guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Another hearty round of Black Death is indeed necessary.

It's awful and death is rough, but it is coming. Mother Earth feels the brunt of our cancerous presence and she will unleash the equilizer soon enough.

Maybe, maybe not. Would be nice though. We need to slow our roll.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Volunteer yourself to help “slow the roll”, as you put it with such genteel... If you don’t, you have no right to call for it to happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Its obvious to me now that our systems are decaying as fast as our moral and ethical capacities are. Yet they are the stranglehold that our fundalmentalists use to subjugate us into primal herds. I say let a revolution occur in our minds that we may surpass our ancestors. Things like greed, lust, power, entitlement, glutteny dont need to enslave your mind. You are as powerful as you want to be, but using your power to your on end is its own form of slavery. You have endless capabilities why do we waste them following old precepts that end violently, or without reason.
I think breathing new life into our psychological conscious will free us all from the purgatory of self-indulgence. But alas are we willing to sacrifice any aspect of ourselves for humanity and its prosperity? I feel like we've only touched the very tip of the human iceburg of what we can accomplish if only we were able to conquer ourselves.
So i ask: How many people and generations of blowing eachother up will it take to realize and apply this very basic and essential function?

Yes let the revolution be ! so first nations should get awake and then they should correct their governments.
you know many religions are awaking a Messiah or Messiahs ! the main role of them is to use the full capacity of humanity. so believing in Messiahs shows implicitly that there is always a better choice. do not dismiss religions, especially monotheistic religions. however they are altered but they have a great capacity to unite humanity.
the way we live is our religion so secularism is a lie. humanity needs something common to use it's all capacity, that is nothing but the only God (the creator) or at least their humanity !
so we should implement our humanity.
what is the meaning of dismissing greed, lust, power, entitlement, glutteny, ! is not it the same as being pious !!!
wisdom is the base of all religions (idealogies) so we should just clean the garbage that they give us as a religion then even atheists can see the common truth !!!
Capitalism, feminism, atheism, Communism, ..... all are sort of religions !!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards

Chaplin was brilliant in some respects, but a fool in others.
I disagree with his statement. There are many instances where power is needed to get things done. "Love" has serious limitations.
edit on 22-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I heard that every man women & child on the planet could live on a half acre of land of their own & it would only take up the land mass equal to the state of Texas.

Not sure if it's true but suspect it closer to the truth than we are running out of land.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Yes let the revolution be ! so first nations should get awake and then they should correct their governments.
you know many religions are awaking a Messiah or Messiahs ! the main role of them is to use the full capacity of humanity. so believing in Messiahs shows implicitly that there is always a better choice. do not dismiss religions, especially monotheistic religions. however they are altered but they have a great capacity to unite humanity.
the way we live is our religion so secularism is a lie. humanity needs something common to use it's all capacity, that is nothing but the only God (the creator) or at least their humanity !
so we should implement our humanity.
what is the meaning of dismissing greed, lust, power, entitlement, glutteny, ! is not it the same as being pious !!!
wisdom is the base of all religions (idealogies) so we should just clean the garbage that they give us as a religion then even atheists can see the common truth !!!
Capitalism, feminism, atheism, Communism, ..... all are sort of religions !!!!!

The only problem with religion is it is vastly confusing to the point of multiple religious sects based off the same ideology creating diversity and segregation. Concordantly, religion in of itself is not the problem. The problem lies within us all. Being pious does nothing unless your heart is truely free. With religion (most) your heart is in debt, of constant servitude and fear. And as with most religions the message is predicated on 'enlightened' or 'saved' ones rather than 'we are as one' just as much as wisdom would allow. I for one believe there is a God but definitely not the one i've been reading about.

I'm not dismissing religion entirely only to say that as it is written, in christian faith, (as i haven't studied intimately other religions) within the subtext of the bible is the advocate of carnage, segregation, deviance, fear, and anger all associated with the God of Abraham, and thus, teaches that in its most literal of translations. Whether you overlook these passages or not, the written text is said to be infallible for it is the word of god. I understand the triumph of hardship is necessary but, perhaps there is another way.

I can't , however, dimiss the power of uniting a community through religion though i have never seen such unity other than in times of war or great adversity. If there were a way to unite everyone by means of a higher consciousness, i could not think of a better way.

If there were a way to rid ourselves of these human desires or at the very least control them, this would begin the shift in our actual humanity, rather than living masks under the guise of 'civilized society'

Only then would population be a non-issue
edit on 26-10-2012 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whatifitdidhappen
The only problem with religion is it is vastly confusing to the point of multiple religious sects based off the same ideology creating diversity and segregation. Concordantly, religion in of itself is not the problem. The problem lies within us all. Being pious does nothing unless your heart is truely free.

I'm not dismissing religion entirely only to say that as it is written, in christian faith, (as i haven't studied intimately other religions) within the subtext of the bible is the advocate of carnage, segregation, deviance, fear, and anger all associated with the God of Abraham, and thus, teaches that in its most literal of translations. Whether you overlook these passages or not, the written text is said to be infallible for it is the word of god. I understand the triumph of hardship is necessary but, perhaps there is another way.

I am not a christian or jew but surely I believe in Abraham,Jesus and Moses as great prophets and believe in Bible that is still full of truth !
there is something that needs attention. does this Bible include the original Torah and new testament ?! while we all know that there were many gospels and four of them were selected as intact ones. while these four gospels. I mean how can we rely solely on so different translations. translation is the main source of alteration. when the translator ideas enter the translation. for example we all know that the book of Isaiah is written by another person and the original book is lost during history.
so I think we do need to think about what we read and we should find it's relation to our wisdom and humanity. our wisdom and humanity are also gifts from God. so we can not accept something contrary to our wisdom and humanity.

If there were a way to rid ourselves of these human desires or at the very least control them, this would begin the shift in our actual humanity, rather than living masks under the guise of 'civilized society'

Only then would population be a non-issue

you know I think we have already the population crisis ! many countries are complaining from older societies and lack of child births. and when people are dieing for wars here and there. by the way with all these widespread homosexuality that does not bears a child naturally !
so you see overpopulation a crisis but I say we have an underpopulation crisis already !

top topics

join