It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Facts Part 2 and Some Other Weird Things! Woo Hoo!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
OK so my last thread was good, and I really enjoyed it, so I added new facts contacted a mod to change the title, and not only did they say they had no idea, what I meant.... they moved it to BTS.

Sooooo to show I that I'm not angry (just a little) I wanted to add a part 2 for those that are bored, or just want to smile. I was sitting here thinking, man, I wish there was something fun to waste some of my time with, that was entertaining, yet educational, funny, yet, I just wasted 20 minutes. Now its time to refresh ATS

So here is Part Deux ... To Take Your Mind Off of the Heavy Stuff!!!

Lets start where I ended before, here is some new stuff.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are some lets say weird things that were made in Japan.

BUTTER IN STICK

LIPSTICK MASK

SPAGHETTI COOLING

GLASSES FOR EYE DROPS

COOL HELMET
For sleeping on the train.

And more here.
unbfacts.blogspot.in...
=================================================================================

For those interested in their sleep cycle, many that want to learn this are usually trying to get into lucid dreaming. Here is a good start.

If you want to learn about this here is the link.
unbfacts.blogspot.in...

=================================================================================

Here are the 10 Creepiest Food Facts, If your eating... PLEASE DON'T READ!!!

Ill just add the link!!

unbfacts.blogspot.in...

Here are some more random facts.....

One Hour Of Watching TV Shorten Your Life By 22 mins.

According to a new unbelievable report by the University of Queensland, every hour of TV watching shortens your life by 22 minutes.and also, anyone who spends 6 hours per day watching television is shortening their life by a total of 5 years.

INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT HUMAN MUSCLES AND BONES.

We are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening. The cartilage between our bones gets compressed by standing, sitting and other daily activities as the day goes on, making us just a little shorter at the end of the day than at the beginning.

The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue. While you may not be able to bench press much with your tongue, it is in fact the strongest muscle in your body in proportion to its size. If you think about it, every time you eat, swallow or talk you use your tongue, ensuring it gets quite a workout throughout the day.

The tooth is the only part of the human body that can’t repair itself. If you’ve ever chipped a tooth you know just how sadly true this one is. The outer layer of the tooth is enamel which is not a living tissue. Since it’s not alive, it can’t repair itself, leaving your dentist to do the work instead.

The feet account for one quarter of all the human body’s bones. You may not give your feet much thought but they are home to more bones than any other part of your body. How many? Of the two hundred or so bones in the body, the feet contain a whopping 52 of them.

I thought this was interesting.

"Erotomania" Is A Delusion Of Love.
"Erotomania" is a type of delusion where the affected person believes another individual is in love with him or her.

Erotomania is a type of delusion in which the affected person believes that another person, usually a stranger, high-status or famous person, is in love with him or her.erotomanic patient believes that a "secret admirer" is declaring his or her affection to the patient, often by special glances, signals, telepathy, or messages through the media. Usually the patient then returns the perceived affection by means of letters, phone calls, gifts, and visits to the unwitting recipient. Even though these advances are unexpected and unwanted, any denial of affection by the object of this delusional love is dismissed by the patient as a ploy to conceal the forbidden love from the rest of the world.

Bananas Can Cure Hangover.
I haven't tried this one yet.... but I will

If you've been out partying too much, you'll definitely want to avoid a hangover.Bananas can help cure or prevent hangovers. The main causes of hangovers are dehydration and depletion of potassium, both direct results of alcohol consumption.

Bananas are an excellent source of potassium with over 450 mg. per one banana serving, as well as being high in magnesium, which can help relax those pounding blood vessels causing that nasty hangover headache.

A Japanese scientist created a unbelievable ringtone for women.

In Japanese cities, people use cell phones. A LOT. It’s not uncommon for people in Tokyo to hear their cell phone ring 20-40 times per day. Hideto Tomabechi, one of the guys who helped deprogram members of the Aum Shinrikyo cult in Japan, has embedded a sound in a ringtone that fools your mind into interpreting it as a crying baby.

If you’re a man and aren’t to thrilled about the idea of getting larger B, he also has ringtones in the works that he claims will improve your memory, make you more attractive to the female, cure baldness, and help you give up smoking. It’s all about the ringtones.

All of the above can be found here unbfacts.blogspot.in...

There is a Obama Fried Chicken (OFC) in China

The “OFC” sign — which we can only assume stands for “Obama Fried Chicken” — looks suspiciously like the KFC logo and depicts the president dressed as Colonel Sanders, complete with suspenders and bow tie. According to Shanghaiist, the Chinese slogan in the lower-right corner means, “We’re so cool, aren’t we?”

unbfacts.blogspot.in...

Thai cook fries chicken burning-hot oil with his completely bare hands.

Unbelievable but truth.The 50-year-old Chiang Mai-based street cook can sink his fingers into 480 degrees hot grease without getting so much as a blister on his hands, and his amazing ability has won him international fame.

Kann Trichan also holds the Guinness Record for picking 20 pieces of chicken from oil heated to 480 degrees Celsisus, in just one minute. He says he can feel the oil is hot when he dips his hands in it, but it simply leaves no mark. Scientists have yet to unravel this peculiar gift.

unbfacts.blogspot.in...

Well this is a start, I hope you enjoyed it

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So here is Part Deux ... To Take Your Mind Off of the Heavy Stuff!!!

My brain feels lighter now

And my heart heavier

my body shorter

and my feet clankier.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I went back and read all of part 1, thanks for linking that in.

I like these "lighter" threads of yours, great job!

The OFC was simply funny. And there is nothing they can do about it!

Keep 'em coming!

(Hint: You should start with a few, then add in a few at a time, like the last one. Or maybe make a unique format, and have a weekly release or something. I would read them all the time! However, things fly through GCC soooo fast. That's how I missed part 1. BTW, Sublimecraft was very successful with his unsolved mystery series he did, and he had five parts to his. Just ideas I'm tossing out at ya!)

join