It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain: New law that will prohibit filming and recording..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Recently found this interesting article concerning changes to "Public Security Law.." this coming out of Spain; Seems as though the authorities there are interested in "containment" of any and all recordings that may impede their forces from carrying out their "normal" duties; Interesting that injury to "honor and image" of the authorities is also an issue; This article was written yesterday: October 19th;.

Here is the link in english: elpais.com...
and here as well.. Looks like it could be important: rt.com...
edit on 20-10-2012 by tony9802 because: okee dokee

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well isn't that just nice. At least they are honest about it instead of coming up with "resisting without violence" or other bs. excuses.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Spain is going to be ground zero......

I hope I can get my isht together and leave before it erupts....

They have no idea how to govern their people. They are now taking marching orders from Germany and have been kind of retarded when it comes to calming high tensions.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Very interesting, just in time for the BIG kick off in Espana. I pity those poor people, austerity has been felt for so long and now their problems are about to get a lot worse!!

We will see this spread across the E.U if it is introduced in Spain.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Not going to happen. Maybe in some backwater places. Brits alone wouldn't stand for that and same goes for us Fins.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

Nothing new. When my ANG group was in Madrid for two weeks back in the mid nineties, we were cautioned to NOT take pics of authorities. We could take pictures of all the lovely scenery and pretty buildings, but not cops.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Not going to happen. Maybe in some backwater places. Brits alone wouldn't stand for that and same goes for us Fins.

We'd like to think that, but what the E.U wants, the E.U gets!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I think something certainly must happen in the E.U. I'm not sure that it will necessarily be pre-planned, but most likely scenario is that most nations follow suit.. Switzerland is already preparing for a worst case scenario in the event of a financial collapse and they will be putting out troops; In their case, I believe it will be relatively benevolent management, but in the case of other e.u. nations, that won't necessarily be the case; An e.u. approach to martial law should be much more non-violent.. except maybe in those countries where there has already existed a very strong controlling apparatus that had remained for an extended period of time; I guess that would be more of an Eastern European example; Mediterranean as well.. I think N. European nations would be relatively safer generally speaking, but I think that might be because authoritiy there has a different relationship with their citizens and populace. I don't know, the turn out will certainly be interesting..
I do wonder what could happen in Ireland though.. It's such a beautiful country! You would think that most towns and villages would be able to figure out how to react to all of this fall out.. Dublin might be a little harry though;
edit on 20-10-2012 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjrichardson

Nothing new. When my ANG group was in Madrid for two weeks back in the mid nineties, we were cautioned to NOT take pics of authorities. We could take pictures of all the lovely scenery and pretty buildings, but not cops.

Who cautioned your group not to take photographs.. that's interesting especially given the time-frame;

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I dont know if the story is true but i'm pretty sure you can't ban people from recording in public places!!

If they try this out, i'm betting there will be big problems caused.

BTW what is happening in Madrid at the moment? I havn't seen any news lately on the protesting which was ongoing!!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I dont know if the story is true but i'm pretty sure you can't ban people from recording in public places!!

Yeah, they can. And they will.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

when the currency collapses, yours and any one elses wishful thinking, will expire.

this is something hitler would have loved to employ and isn't merkel related to hitler?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You obviously have no idea bout Fins. No dreams are going to get crushed here.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The police need to be able to carry out their citizens assault without having to worry about facing consequences for their actions. We can't have democracy and a free society with people going around filming cops engaging in unlawful activity, it makes the cops look like the bad guys. Cops are above the law and should not be held accountable for what they do.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
You obviously have no idea bout Fins. No dreams are going to get crushed here.

no man is an island.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah, they can. And they will.

I dont see how they would be able to stop, search and take away everyone's mobile phone at a demonstration!!

People are entitled to have their mobiles wherever they want and no law can prevent people from carrying their mobiles around.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
that just means, theres gonna be some BEAT DOWNS comming in that country and they dont want it preserved
forever for the whole world to see. passing a law like that you have to know you countries up to no good, or realy dont care of the outcomes of what police do on the street. we have some ignorant states here that thinks its fine to beat its citzens into submission, even if they wernt the ones to actually commit the crime, heh what eva, wasnt on film, cops word over yours, whos gonna win with no evidence heh?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Cameras are the peoples' only peaceful defense against the tyranny being rolled out across Europe and the US.
I think any law banning the filming of police would be a last straw for many people, and we could see protest becoming revolution.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802
Recently found this interesting article concerning changes to "Public Security Law.." this coming out of Spain; Seems as though the authorities there are interested in "containment" of any and all recordings that may impede their forces from carrying out their "normal" duties; Interesting that injury to "honor and image" of the authorities is also an issue; This article was written yesterday: October 19th;.

Here is the link in english: elpais.com...
and here as well.. Looks like it could be important: rt.com...
edit on 20-10-2012 by tony9802 because: okee dokee

Wow this does not bode well, basically it's saying NO will not record us committing injustices because we made it a LAW! You wonder why they made this law? The people of Spain are in for a dark time, they claim "Public Security Law" It's to sweep the actions of brutal jack booted thugs under the rug and put you in jail for documenting it. Impede? what a crock! Normal duties? What stomping on citizens? They've already ruined their honor and image through their own actions, the camera doesn't have a bias. Chaos across the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It will lead to mass arrest and even more problems in Spain. This gives the government the power to shut down and arrest anyone who is attempting to report what is happening from an independent perspective.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join