It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to the universal you....stop by and let YOU know what you think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We sometimes go about life building up our flaws by repetition. I realized today that I don't complement people enough. I restrain myself form telling them how great and important they are to me. I don't let myself release the love I selfishly keep locked away in my heart. I want to take this opportunity to think of people I missed the opportunity to say something to that I felt, and say it here.

If you have similar "regrets" or needs of expressing yourself to someone you were too shrewd or reserved to openly admit, just think of them and say it.

Not all my responses will be to people I knew or know. Some I would have liked to hear people say to eachother, or to me or to people I know needed to hear it.

Some I will throw in there because it just feels great once you start. Any complement that comes to mind, just say it. address it to the universal YOU.

You are awesome.
You make people smile.
You smell really nice.
I think you have a nice butt.
You look sexy.
You are the best person I know.
You make me want to have your children.
You are very nice.
You are worthy.
You are noble.
You are intelligent.
You are a genius.
You are beautiful.
You are important to me.
You are necessary for my life to have meaning.
You are the best.
You make me want to be you.
You are wonderful to talk to.
You are the most interesting person I know.
You make me laugh.
You are funny.
Your breasts are huge.
Your muscles are huge.
Your body is perfect.
You are perfect.
You are kind.
You are very generous.
You are just right.
You make me happy.
You are great to hang out with.
You are a good friend.
You are the best lover.
You are the best wife.
You are the best husband.
You are the best son.
You are the best daughter.
You make me proud.
You make me want to cry tears of joy.
You make me feel privileged to have known you.
You are correct.
You make a good point.
You have convinced me of your superior argument.
You complete me.
You have nice eyes.
You have nice lips.
You have nice hands.
You are the one I look to for inspiration.
You have my heart.
You are so great.
I love you.

edit on 20-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You are my greatest love, thank you and I hope we are together forever. You make everyday special, you make me want to live. I love you. I love you so much. You are everything to me and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

You are my life's greatest achievement.

You are my heart.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It is an absolute honor and privilege to share this most auspicious of times in our history with All of you.

How glad i am that we have been able to come together as we have here. What wonders the future will surely hold for us All.

Cheers!
edit on 10/20/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
No ones feeling the love brother.
Is it just me or is ATS really quite today?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

eh,

I think it is because it is hard to give a compliment now a days. Think about all the mental acrobatics we go through before allowing someone to hear an honest complement about them.

It is in part why I made this thread. Just writing them out felt great. I didn't even have to say who each was for, and I felt wonderful. Like a great weight was lifted. Most people have a certain level of apprehension when it comes to showing their love.

I remember the feeling of hearing a father say he was proud to his son about him. Everyone has one, and since they don't get it, they don't give it.

I never really said I was proud of people, then I realized I just wanted my father to say it to me. Same thing happens with saying I love you or you are great, or whatever.

People think themselves exposed and so that feeling of vulnerability impedes them form expressing themselves.

Like Bruce lee said, express yourself honestly.....that is the greatest thing you can do.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

thank you for the kind loving words, really felt the energy you wanted to portray in the post, and its an honour to have absorbed it. Reality might be an illusion, but pure love is real and forever. much love to you all.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Daddy, the night you died, you taught me so much about life. About how it can be gone in the blink of an eye, and no more chance to hug or look right at someone and say "I love you." I hope you know that because of how much I love you, and didn't say it enough, that now I am so aware of the risk of losing that opportunity with everyone else in my life.

I talk to Mom on the phone a lot. She's 81 now, you know, and all I really want to do is validate her. Because she matters. Because everything she's ever done to/for me has been rooted in love, even when I was a snotty teenager and couldn't see the forest for the trees. God I think I was so mean to her sometimes, but she never throws that up in my face. She's just happy for how it is now. And that's all I want her to feel... happy.

Daddy, I was that same bratty teenager when you died. I was self-absorbed and clueless. You and your heart attacks. How frightening that must have been to have 3 heart attacks before the last one took you at age 47. How is it that I thought you would just live on forever, while I hung out with friends, watched TV, listened to music in my room...

You know what I'd really, really like you to know? It's about that time you asked me if I wanted to walk down the street with you, after you'd been home from the hospital a couple of weeks. Instead of "Nah, that's alright" I wish I could go back in time and say, "Sure, thanks Dad!" I saw the momentary ache in your eyes, but I was stupid enough to think that it didn't matter THAT much to you, and you'd shrug it off in an instant. God, what an idiot I was. Daddy, I've walked that walk with you thousands of times in my mind... and we talked about so many things along the way, and laughed, and enjoyed it so much we vowed to make it an evening ritual.

I love you, Daddy.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
new_here

thank you for sharing....I have to admit that post made me cry a bit. It made me think of my mother, so many similarities with what you expressed.

I know they hear us. Be at ease....I am sure you know that too....

Thank you...

much love.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
new_here

thank you for sharing....I have to admit that post made me cry a bit. It made me think of my mother, so many similarities with what you expressed.

I know they hear us. Be at ease....I am sure you know that too....

Thank you...

much love.

I have to admit it made me cry a bit writing it. Because I went 'back there' again, I guess.

Thanks for reminding me they do hear us. Twice since my father's death I've seen him in a dream. Both times were so very realistic and applicable to my situation at the time. I actually believe he crossed the barrier to communicate with me through those two dreams.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
new_here your courage has allowed me to open up. I have been avoiding just talking to someone. I thank you for making it possible to speak to her. Thank you. I needed this. You are very brave, very strong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom,

I still think about you. Whenever I hear someone talk about you, you make me proud to have been raised by you, to have shared a home with you, to have been taught so well by you.

I miss the nights we would all climb onto your big ass bed and watch unsolved mysteries, and we would all fall asleep like puppies around you.

I remember dancing with you at that party, how much fun you were. I remember that day at the BBQ I didn't want to go with you, I had a great time. I was looking at the picture we took together, It made me smile.

I remember the day your prognosis was final. I should have stayed with you some more, but I had to get out of there. I remember screaming in my car. I know you wanted to beat it. I know you believed you could, you deserved it. How many people did you save...... and no one could save you.

I am sorry for ditching you on my birthday that time. It was our day, not just my day. I know it was hard being alone with me after everyone left to college and dad was long since out of the house.

I never understood then why you would lay catatonic in bed after....but I understand your world crashed down. But you got the hell out of that bed, and went back to school, and validated your degree again. You worked 16 hours a day for a long time. We always tried to keep the house clean and make it spotless before you came back in the morning. I admire you so much for what you did. You were amazing. I understand now how titanic your effort was...thank you

My friends really miss you. Kyle always says you were his second mother. Alex still calls you mom. My sisters still keep a great relationship because of you. I have promised to make up with them, and am trying. I know you would like for us to be together again. We will be one day. I give you my word. I forgive them.

Mom, I want you to know that I will get my pilots license one day. I will fly you around the world like I always promised. I carry you with me everywhere now. I still have that chain you gave me, though I am sorry it is all I have of the many things you gave me to show me you always remembered me. I am dressing nice now. You would like it.

The wife is good. She keeps a picture of you, the one form your graduation, the black and white one where you look like that actress you liked...I can't remember her name, she still loves you.

Aixa has the teddy you gave her. It is on her bed and she sleeps with it every day. I always remind her who gave it to her. It has gotten skinny, but I am going to re-stuff it. Our house is full of pictures of you.

Mimi is with you now. I send her my love. Our radio to god is now with god, but she taught us well. Tata is going to be soon with you both. I can't believe all the women that made me will soon be together again, and I am still here without you guys. I don't talk to tata enough, but I am going to call her today.

Me and dad went to your grave before I left. We were there together with you....can you imagine! We get along well now. He is alone now. His wife is an ass, you wouldn't like her, but don't worry, everyone reminds her she will never replace you. She knows her place. Dad still loves you. I get it now. I know why you never stopped loving him. it took me getting married to understand, but I do. You were not weak for it. You were so strong.

You have made me so strong mom. You would be so proud of me. I am doing ok, but I am a really happy now. Everything worked out. I will be more than OK. I am going to enlist soon. I know that you always supported me in all I did. You are going to love me in uniform. I am going to keep living with honor, and integrity like you taught me.

I still mind my manners. It gets harder, and I slip up now and then, but your voice always comes to me. Thank you.

They still have that plaque in the hospital they put up for you. They kept the prayer room dedicated to you. The nurses still use it. Leticia's friend just became a nurse, she works in your old hospital. The girls still work there, and they all still remember you. They still go in there and pray with you.

Aixa is really big now. She looks just like you mom. She is beautiful. She has Miriam's hair, and abuelitas body. She is going to be really tall. That picture you took with her upstairs on thanks giving is in her room. I think she was talking to you the other day. She loves you so much. We are happy. You would love Miriam's girls. They look like Adams family, but they have our genes in there too. They are beautiful. You would love your granddaughters.

I know you hear me. I know you are here with me now. Thank you. Thank you for protecting me. for making me strong. For keeping my heart preserved. For teaching me to live with honor. To be gentle. To be caring. To be kind. Thank you for making me a worthy man. You are the fire of my spirit. Your life was a worthy and noble one.

I am sorry for all the grief I gave you, it must have been really hard. You inspire me. I will make you proud. You always let me know that. I will never let you down mom.

I love you mom. I miss you.

Thank you. You were a great mother and friend. We miss you....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Dear BIHITZ,
If what I wrote helped you, well it is an immeasurable honor.
Your letter to your Mom was one of the most eloquent, heartfelt things I've ever read in my life. I do hope you feel as cleansed as I do from writing to my father. I'm glad you're going to call Tata (was that the name?) It is never too late... until it is. I know if I were your Mom, I'd be exceedingly proud to call you "Son" because it is evident you are a caring soul.

OP, I was going to say you have really opened up a 'can of worms' with this thread, but really you opened up a can of cleaning tears and loving words.

I hope others will visit and post and experience this incredible release and healing.

Edit to Add: Ok, I just realized you ARE the OP! Kudos to you, BIHITZ!
edit on 10/20/2012 by new_here because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join