It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times, They Are A Changing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm not too sure how to approach this thread, since I could go a couple of ways with it, one approach could be that of an accusatory nature or it could be of a questioning nature.

I'll start at the beginning and see what happens I guess.

Wind back 12 months (probably more really) and a pro-Obama thread was as rare as hens teeth, in fact there was a ridiculous amount of anti-Obama threads, some crashing through the barrier of absurdity.

Case in point:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The man was loathed and some people would stoop to any level to have a snipe at him.

Now back to the present and, well, I'm shocked, because it seems as if Obama has gained a bit of support here at ATS, or at least the rhetoric has been toned right down.

There could be a number of reasons for this, is it because the republicans are starting to realise that Romney was the best they could muster up and have been embarrassed into silence?
Is it because the democrats who've been silent the last few years are starting to find their voice again now that it's election time?

Are the members of ATS more susceptible to MSM agendas than they think?

Personally I think it's a bit of all three, but can't say for sure.

So I put the question out there to see if we can work out what exactly is going on here?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Obama's past 4 years have stunk like fish left out on a counter.

Obama has never had to run on his record. He was a first term senator, then became potus.

His team has assembled a few electronic warriors who can spread disinfo across a wide spectrum.

This is just my tinfoiled opinion, however.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Personally I think that people know Obama doesn't have a chance in hell of winning this election. As stated

before, he has never had to run on his record, and now that he does have to answer for his actions, well, they

speak for themselves.

The one big issue that most people have, no matter what "they' tell you, is...gas/food prices.

The people who live paycheck to paycheck, like most of us do, are noticably affected by gas/food cost increases.

Since Obama wants to ignore this, and claim that it wasn't him that caused all this cost increase, then he has to

be removed.

Romney is a hollow gourd too, but he has caught wind of a way to wipe the floor with Obama.

And I notice that the gas prices locally are down about 50 cents/g. What an interesting coincidence.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As a more left wing guy, my judgement is that it is more right wing than ever around hear. I am not talking R and D, which are just labels for soulless political organizations. I am talking about conservative and progressive. The tone of this place has become more and more conservative. Which is funny to me, because complaining about the man and all his schemes to keep you down in one breath, and then supporting the political movement that is all about respecting authority in another, seem to be a little inconsistent.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

reply to post by reverandrandy

This would explain his continual unpopularity, but he is pulling it back...

How much would an online campaign really help if he has done such a terrible job the last 4 years?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What we're seeing is an uptick in posters who have an agenda.

I've noticed it since I joined, the threads that are coming out now are a whole lot less "conspiracy" related and a lot of posters have become skeptics, who prey on those who post the conspiracies, calling them names and talking about how such stories are not wanted on this website.

This has become a political forum, where as, it was a conspiracy forum. Maybe it's just the fact it is an election year and everyone is on edge, I wasn't around the last election year, so I can't speak from experience.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Its simple because people are simple.

George H. W. Bush was bad, so Clinton was a better choice.
Clinton was bad, so George Bush was a better choice.
George Bush was bad, so Obama was a better choice.
Obama was bad, so Romney was the better choice.

Its like 1 + 1.... people always pick the lesser evil, so people are easily controlled and manipuled.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The majority of the American Sheeple have short memory spans and will fall for any sweet talking candidate. Most take what they say as truth without any "Fact Checking" or research on their own,, Shameful

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

is it because the republicans are starting to realise that Romney was the best they could muster up and have been embarrassed into silence?

You should know it takes more than a presidential election to silence people around here.

If Romney is the best we could muster up I'm okay with that. If you think Romney is a bad choice it just goes to show how bad of a president Obama really is.Well you will see in about three weeks or so when he is known as President Romney.

I'll attempt to explain it to you. When a person knows he or she is right there isn't a reason to continue proving a point.

The Romney supporters know we are right so there is no need to constantly argue with the silly Obama supporters. Look at the numbers. Look at the polls. Day by day more people are seeing the light, the right, the white way.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

So I put the question out there to see if we can work out what exactly is going on here?

ATS is generally anti-establishment and has always been pretty firmly right-wing. If Romney gets in then I predict within a year most people here will hate him. His cheerleaders here will either drop off or proclaim they never liked the guy. Such is ATS, world keeps spinning. I haven't seen an uptick in Obama support personally.
edit on 20-10-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
At one time people though they might get something better than Obama, then they got Romney. So its lose lose. Keep what you have you or get slightly worse.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I see more hatred for Obama than I did when I first joined in February of 2011. I expect that is normal as the vast majority of conspiracy theorists are conservative. Liberals on this site tend to be evidence based and those of us on here who are Left tend to be anti establishment and/or anticapitalist/heavily regulated capitalism. What's funny is that the Left on this site are unhappy with Obama because he's been too far Right/Center Right and the Right on this site would probably be building him shrines if he had an (R) after his name. Liberals love him because he remains within center most of the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Your question has an inadequate framework. 1 year ago the PR system in place is focused on "tearing down" anyone who is in office, by creating as much conflict as possible surrounding everything they do - "Obama bought the wrong brand of pencil!" This will happen in every governmental situation where there is a "selection" process disguised as popular election. The system is built on anger, finger pointing, false polarities and fake moral outrage. So a year ago the PR process was in year three of the four year formula, which is "stir up the masses" and create hate through intense focus on the man in office.

Now, we are in year 4 in the PR process which is all about "rally around the right guy" and so we see people in bunker mode, defending "their guy." The fact that there are more defense posts of the current figure head only reflects the notion that he has been in office and the other has not and those who have posted are more easily influenced by the PR system in place - they defend the known. The PR process - a nice article in the New Yorker a few weeks ago is a nice primer, is about manipulation of the masses and not logic. The system in place has very, very specific dates and times in which things must be released and hammered on and the reactions indicate success or failure in the effort. You are just seeing the last phase in action.

The debates, the kabuki sham that they are, are a key part of the PR process. These are to be vague, open ended events that can be polarized by each "side" thereby creating more discord. Those who control the system have already selected the "winner" but they want two things to happen with the masses. One, the winner's supporters are elated and, two, the losers supporters are pitchfork made. This is the desired outcome, and the ENTIRE election process is about accomplishing this goal.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Times they are a changing everywhere I look, and if you can not see it then you have not looked. The world is always in a constant state of flux, but in politics they are lagging far behind in the change department, and as usual they will probably be the last ones to get it.

And then you always got to remember, that the more things change the more they stay the same.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess it could have been worse for the republicans, you guys could have had Palin or Bachman has the candidate!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think smart people, and liberals, registered democrats and even centrists just got fed up with the bullcrap the neokunts were littering this board with.

edit on 10/20/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join