It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci's Last Supper depicts the Milky Way.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Recently I've been posting a few threads with no reality base. Pure theorized assumptions by my wicked brain. And the trend seems to continue. Don't know if this should be in jokes or skunk works. But here we go. I didn't find this anywhere, so I guess I'm the first one to do it... Correct me if I'm wrong...

Today I looked at da Vinci's work for a whole other reason, and when I got to the Last Supper all I could see was the Milky Way and the Zodiacs. I saw some correlations in the constellations and the postures, and even Taurus (where the Pleiades and our origin is?) was marked by a pointing finger.

I haven't gone any further, and probably won't try to 'analyze' or seek anything meaningful of it, but I just wanted you to know my headless 'find'.

-Thanks, 'til later!

Couldn't get the picture to scroll so here is a link.

edit on 19-10-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I am having some trouble understanding the correlation. Could you explain how you decided the points of the constellations. Also I do not know where to find the Pleiades. Oh and if we could see a larger, clearer pic it might help.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Certainly, I will enhance. Just a moment. By the way, how do I get the picture to 'scroll' when it is too big for the page?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

Sorry op, I have no idea. You do have an interesting theory tho. Hopefully someone will come along to help. For the time being just a link to a larger image would be good.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I added the link. Pleiades is near the Taurus constellation, which is 'pointed' out in the painting when the Zodiacs are overlayed.

The correlations are in the angles of the posing characters. Not all, but a few. Maybe you can catch those.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it OP, it may just be me but I think your idea is a little bit of a stretch. Just My opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

It is very much a stretch. As I stated in the firstpost. That's why it is written in Skunk W. Thanks for the reply anyway!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What is the implication of this post ?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sTrE3tFigHt3r
What is the implication of this post ?

That given any 2 pictures you can make some points line up regardless of what they are.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well, as a matter of fact, my eyes see a little bit more of similarity than you are applying. Though, that is just my eyes.

A walkthrough through my eyes, beginning from the right. First of all, I noticed that some of the constellations are in relation to the position of the spine. For example, Capricorn (middle line is the 'spine-line'), same goes with Aquarius. Pisces is related to the stance of the target, sort of spine related too. Aries follows the head tilt. Taurus relates to the two hands, and as I earlier suggested, to Pleiades with the pointing finger. Pleiades isn't in the direction of the point, I just saw it as a marker. Gemini and Cancer are quite tricky, I have nothing on them. Leo is the neat one. A perfect following of posture, and if I would enlarge it I could fit Jesus head inside the constellation too. Then the 'Sphinx' would get his head. The rest is quite hard to imagine, even for me. There are correlating features, but they are even a further fetch.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Scrollable.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

Thank you very many!! My hero!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

And then of course. The estimated time of death of Jesus links heavily with Taurus and the finger pointing upward.

Isaac Newton was one of the first astronomers to estimate the date of the crucifixion and suggested Friday, April 23, 34 AD/CE.[64][101] In 1990 astronomer Bradley E. Schaefer computed the date as Friday, April 3, 33 AD/CE.[102] In 1991, John Pratt stated that Newton's method was sound, but included a minor error at the end. Pratt suggested the year 33 AD/CE as the answer.[64] Using the completely different approach of a lunar eclipse model, Humphreys and Waddington arrived at the conclusion that Friday, April 3, 33 AD/CE was the date of the crucifixion.

Source

Sign:
Taurus
Celestial longitude interval:
[30º, 60º]
Symbol:
The Bull
Dates:
20 April - 20 May

Source
edit on 20-10-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thank you, yes its obvious the 12 astrological signs are in the picture, and the secret knowledge. Starred and flagged.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The more I look at it, the more I see it. I would love to go through other paintings too, especially those with a pointing finger, but I lack the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join