It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Romney Losing His Home State So Badly?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Some of the candidates keep to their positions no matter how difficult it is.

Others, like Romney, change their position at the drop of a hat in order to try to gain some votes.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Mitt is loosing in his home state to make the PUPPET SHOW more exciting... What a joke is this "modern democracy".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Mitt can be relied on to adopt whatever stance gets him elected. He is like the guy who always agrees with whomever speaks last. I cannot imagine a worse politician and had no idea how pathetic the US of A had become until Obama and Romney appeared on the scene. Is everyone brain dead in the USA? It will come down to violence, not because it is the right thing to do but because TPTB will push it harder and harder until it does come down to violence and they will seize the opportunity to do openly, what they damned well please. Whatever the USA was, it is much less today. Those that say it is not so bad are like the guy who falls off a cliff and on the way down says, "OK so far".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Yup. His repsonse about the assault rife ban during the last debate almost made me swallow my tongue. It was an outright lie. I'm a long-time MA gun owner. His reponse was BS. Never happened that way.

Maybe thats why Obama felt so comfortable with his answer to that question. Maybe Obama is given to understand that most people know what Mitts gun stance is. This is the first I have heard about Mitts anit 2nd amendment stance.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

Because the guy is a snake. Even the SLC tribune owned by the LDS church has endorsed Obama.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
He's losing because no matter what he says, "RomneyCare" has bankrupted the state and made health care a joke in Mass. and the people of Mass are pretty pissed about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Reply to post by chrismarco

Im aware Mass is a blue state.
You're taking away my fun though.
Can't have any fun around here by simply stating that Dems vote for Dems.
Gotta get your digs in for every single WND thread that pops up here everyday.

It is not just blue, but true blue, as in Kennedy was senator there for about 100 years...lol

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by ugie1028
Romney has shown that (And still does show) that he's a very weak candidate for POTUS. He's shafted his own party in some states (The Ron Paul states to be more specific.) People are not going to fall for his crap... especially voters in his own state. He's only doing well in other states because the campaign slogan is called 'anyone but Obama' and Romney is reaping those benefits... but not much of it.

Even the "Anyone but Obama" theme may not help him.

There are a lot of Right Wingers that have a problem voting for him. Like you said, there are the Ron Paul supporters who were crapped on at the Convention. There are the Evangelicals that won't vote for a Mormon. There are the hard care pro-life people that have a problem that Romney was pro-choice just six years ago. And there are women, who Romney continues to refer to as objects that he files into binders.

I just wanted to comment on this earlier post; I think all of your points are extremely valid in respect to not voting for Romney! However, my concern here is that those "alienated" persons who ALSO won't for Obama will simply not vote (or not vote for either) there for throw away their vote! This is sad to say the least because we are facing a true "lesser of two evils" election season!

I am a registered Independant simply because I refuse to align myself with one side or the other, I willdo the work involved in educating myself on the candidates, both locally and Nationally. However, I have never felt more disdain for our system of election, how we choose (illusory at best) our leaders and decision makers!!

Taking into great consideration my current location; AboveTopSecret.com, I say this: never, in all my voting years (and I have voted in them all, from POTUS to City Council), have I been more sure than I am at this moment, this all just smoke and mirrors, an elaborate ruse to entertain, distract and divide the masses!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

On fire, or just pandering to the crowd? he'll say anything to get the job of POTUS. he's flip-flopped enough for me to figure out that his only reason for being on fire is that he's just saying what people want to hear.

You could be right but how is that any different than Obama in 2008 (or 12')? The only difference I see is that with Obama we already know he's full of empty promises and bull-spit because he's proven that since 08'. Based on Obama's record of lies alone I think we should give Romney the benefit of the doubt here. 

Name one campaign promise Romney failed to come through with as POTUS! How about as gov of MA? The people there don't like him because he's not a liberal.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I never could figure out how a Republican become governor of a blue state in the first place. Actually, Mass. isn't blue, it's indigo.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I never could figure out how a Republican become governor of a blue state in the first place. Actually, Mass. isn't blue, it's indigo.

/TOA

Some Republican states run democrat Governors. I think at that level people tend to run with who they think is the better person and not so much party lines as they tend to do at the federal level.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Probably because Mass pretty much always votes Democrat.
In fact, the only republican theyve voted for since 1972 was Ronald Reagan.
Source

Massachusetts, one of the original 13 colonies, joined the Union in February 1788, and has participated in all 56 presidential elections. The state has been reliably Democratic since 1928, but has voted Republican four times since then – twice each for Dwight Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan. Massachusetts was the only state to vote for George McGovern in his huge 1972 electoral loss to Richard Nixon. Like many northeastern states, Massachusetts slowly lost its electoral clout over the course of the 20th century. The state has lost 1/3 of its electoral votes since the 1920s, falling from 18 to 11. In 2008, Barack Obama beat John McCain 62% to 36%.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

ROMNEY LEADS IN MASS - 6% POINTS

BTW - he had the lead when this thread was first posted as well...................
edit on 20-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: text

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Also, if Romney wants to use his Governorship as a main point as to why you should vote for him, why has he flip flopped on many of the issues since he was a Governor? And remember, this was SIX years ago, the Republicans like to say "Well way back when he was a Governor, he had different views". It was SIX years ago, in six short years Romney has completely flip flopped on some major issues.

As Governor, Romney was:
- Pro Choice
- Pro Obamacare

How was he Pro Obamacare if he left office before President Obama came into office and the idea of Obamacare wasn't even in the President's mind yet?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

ROMNEY LEADS IN MASS - 6% POINTS

BTW - he had the lead when this thread was first posted as well..................

In what universe?

He went against everything he stood for when he was elected in MA, even before finishing his term as governor. The only thing people like about his legacy is Romneycare but even that was created by GW Bush & Ted Kennedy. They hate him for everything else he did, including the state cuts that caused taxes to go up at city level. He wasn't even close to being bi-partisan considering that he vetoed 850 times. In fact his vetoes were overridden about 800 times by the legislature.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Democrat or not, if the people of Mass. thought he did a good job, they would vote for him again. After all they did manage to elect him governor as a Republican so they are capable of going against their majority party.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Did someone say my name??

To your question...Romney won as Govenor as Mass. cuz he ran as a Liberal..Pro-gun control, pro-life etc.

Romney is not a Liberal or Republican, never has been...He is a sociapath...An etch-n-sketch...whatever you need him to be. It is what afforded him success in his career as a pioneer of vulture capitalism. Greed and ambition without the moral compass his father had.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join