It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A HALO movie is finally being made and it's free.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Granted, it's not from the original storyline and a PR gimmick as well, but from what I have seen...it's well thought out.

Not to bad so far.

But truth be told, I would have liked to have this.

What can I say? I'm a action movie kinda guy.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Great stuff! Now the kids can watch the movie and SEE how fun and exciting the future will be in warfare. They can play the game and experience the virtual thrill of warfare whilst getting trained on weapons and tactics.

All they need do when they leave school is sign up for military combat (after already having been conditioned) and they too can be 'living the dream'

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

That's already happening in my opinion. But there are those of us who do enjoy a Sci-Fi/Action movie from time to time and can discern the difference between the two realities.

Maybe the parents should be more involved in their childrens lives? Wait! I have a idea! Maybe they should even TALK to them from time to time.

It's a movie, just like a video game, just like TV. It's intended as entertainment. I take it as such. Why can't they?

Are you saying that people are so dumbed down that they will believe anything they see on the Web, TV or movies?

Never mind...I see your point.
But I still like it as a entertainment venue. "Out of Africa" just didn't trip my trigger.

By the way, did you even bother to watch the first two episodes? They're pretty good...lot's of character introspection.
edit on 19-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Ya Forward Unto Dawn is shaping up to be pretty epic. I much prefer the direction that Forward Unto Dawn took rather than the second trailer. It has a much more personal take on the story which really allows you to feel more connected to the story and get a feel for the human element in the universe.

In response to the poster who tried to connect Halo to conditioning younger generations to warfare: Do you actually follow the Halo story? Because if you did, you would realize that it has a lot of elements that are critical of tyranny. At one point in the Forward Unto Dawn series a soldier criticizes the UNSC's pursuit of the "insurgents" that they are fighting at the time. Also, the UNSC (United Nation Space Command) is a very unified and diverse military force. It's cool to see all the nations of the world joining together to fight an alien race bent on the destruction of mankind. It is what Ronald Reagan alluded to in his speech to the United Nations General Assembly on September 21, 1987

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

I witnessed first hand Soldiers coming off patrol in Iraq, and once they had finished their AAR , re-arm and re-fit, they would go off and play HALO, Modern Warfare or Call of Duty.

I was always wondering, "Why, after coming off a real world version, would you want to play a game that mimicks it?

The reply was that it relieves stress.

That always struck me as odd, but makes sense as well. They know they won't actually die in the game.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

It actually makes a lot of sense. A common tool that the military uses for treating PTSD is to have the soldiers go through a simulation much like a video game to help them come to terms with what has been bothering them. I think that doing the same thing in a video game helps them distance themselves from the fact that they are killing human beings, who a lot of the time are innocent people with families.

Also, Halo is much different than Call of Duty. It doesn't revolve as much around the mindless "leveling up". Though that seems it is going to change with Halo 4. Personally I think it is ruining the game, just look at Call of Duty. In Halo you are fighting Aliens who want nothing but to destroy the Human race, in Call of Duty your fighting "terrorists" or some other countries military. Your killing fellow human beings who also believe they are fighting for there freedom.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I grew up in the military as my Father was a career guy who did 20 yrs. I did 30+ yrs myself. I understand that the military are using "Games" to treat PTS. (I won't add the "D" as I really don't think it is a disorder.)

The last year and a half are my first years as a civilian, so to speak. It's kind of odd.

I've never understood those who join the military without realizing what it may entail. It's a dangerous business to be in.

Back on topic, I look forward to further installments as it may end up reaching a new audience, (for both the Sci-Fi crowd who have been crowing for such a flick, and those who are thinking about enlisting).

Heck, I guess I'm just a hard 'ol Dawg who has seen and experianced to much, but yet, likes to entertained from time to time. I'm only human after all.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

AAR, stands for , After Action Review, it is for the sake of discussing all the tbhings yu did right, all the things you did wrong, and finding ways of improving for the next time.

soldiers have been doing this same activity since video games came out, as it is a great way to zone out have fun and forget about the suck you guys just had to endure. We used to play halo combat evolved, 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs4 on the barracks network, as we all had an X-box and the halo game. We would just link up and have a giant tournament, great time killer, and good for moral and team building.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

AAR, stands for , After Action Review, it is for the sake of discussing all the tbhings yu did right, all the things you did wrong, and finding ways of improving for the next time.

soldiers have been doing this same activity since video games came out, as it is a great way to zone out have fun and forget about the suck you guys just had to endure. We used to play halo combat evolved, 4 vs 4 vs 4 vs4 on the barracks network, as we all had an X-box and the halo game. We would just link up and have a giant tournament, great time killer, and good for moral and team building.

I loved playing HALO when I could, which was rare. As the Det NCOIC I didn't have much time for relaxation. I did see the use in it as you mentioned, but it also struck me as odd.

Except when I was playing.

At that point, I was in another world and being entertained as well.

Back in the day of DOOM, we used to train on linked computers during Sergeants Time when it was pouring rain.

The Sergeant Major came in to check on us one time and blew his top. But after I calmed him down and he watched for a bit, the guys communicating their moves, covering fire, etc. He was sold. Shortly after that, the military started using more simulators. ( During the ass chewing my squad was wiped out by the demons...
)

Heck, we were breaking ground and didn't even know it.

edit on 19-10-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Just watched the third installment. It's pretty good! It has elements of Battlestar Galatica (The recent series) and SGU rolled into one.

Spoiler alert though. It also shows the invasion of earth. Just a tease though.

I will be amazed if no one picks up on this, either as a actual movie or a series on TV. If the SYFY channel had any actual ballsy people on their Board of Directors...they'd pick this one up.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Great stuff! Now the kids can watch the movie and SEE how fun and exciting the future will be in warfare. They can play the game and experience the virtual thrill of warfare whilst getting trained on weapons and tactics.

All they need do when they leave school is sign up for military combat (after already having been conditioned) and they too can be 'living the dream'

I forget who said this but the quote goes "War is Delightful, to those who have not experienced it".
Which is 100% true.
War is not fun, at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever read, its a movie not real life. go bury your head in the sand
as for halo have not watched it yet but will now i know about it thanks for sharing

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Ya, I also watched the 3rd and 4th episodes and I was surprised how good it got. I am very confused as to what is going on in the story though, it doesnt seem to really fit in the Halo universe. Like, how do the recruits not know about Spartans and the Covenant if this takes place just before Halo 4? It would seem to be a monumental task to keep that information from the populace. However, that element of not knowing really adds a deep level of suspense to the series, just awesome. Also, the art direction is very unique and beautiful.

Oh, btw, I dont think that it was earth being invaded, but rather one of her colonies with a military training base on it.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Ya, I also watched the 3rd and 4th episodes and I was surprised how good it got. I am very confused as to what is going on in the story though, it doesnt seem to really fit in the Halo universe. Like, how do the recruits not know about Spartans and the Covenant if this takes place just before Halo 4? It would seem to be a monumental task to keep that information from the populace. However, that element of not knowing really adds a deep level of suspense to the series, just awesome. Also, the art direction is very unique and beautiful.

Oh, btw, I dont think that it was earth being invaded, but rather one of her colonies with a military training base on it.

I think this would make a hellava good series. But Hollywood has a tendency to get all touchy feely and concentrate on that. Rather than then the action and what is going on at the moment. What makes the individuals tick...at that moment.

If the producers could somehow sell the idea, with a end game, it just might work.

top topics

join