It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the theme of Evil so popular to us all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Everyone knows that bad news sells news, and our exposure to it is delivered to us through Digitial media like the 6 O'clock news and newspapers media.

The bad news is also contagious to the bored populus thirst of being appeased with distractions of the mind and heart. Look at its spread across online alternative media channels.

Lets face it Bad news is popular and its delivery to us in all of the different forms of media outlets, may be seen as nothing less than a mechanism for reminding us things are tough all over, economically tough (world economic slump), physically tough (people suffering injuries) and tough love ( heart break).

Oh all of us have felt one or more of these areas of punishment and so i guess the bad news being delivered sedates us to a degree to ignore our own pain.

Is there any escape for us from our fixiation dependancy to hearing bad news?
Is there a cure for this?
Will we ever be able to break the fixiation while we continue to ignore of own personal pains and things we view as acting bad or evil against us?
Is the dealing with our personal pain before anyone elses the only true form of good?

edit on 18-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Have no fear mate - one day soon I reckon the news will be so bad that news outlets won't be able to sell anything because people will have no money to buy - they'll be too busy surviving.

Then we will collectively beg for good news.

"When good is evil & evil is good" know that the end is near...........

I hope the UFO's get here before the trigger is pulled.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Its true what you say bad news for many is more exiting, more forbidden. The thing is who or what is in us that really wants the bad news and how have we got in to that dynamic ? For me its simple we are all like snowballs that are rolling in a certain direction. Certain directions means certain collections to our snowball. Eventually its like baked beans everyday, you will have to take a new direction or die of baked beanasitis.

new topics

join