It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2004 U.S. PRESIDENTIAL VOTE RESULTS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by magestica
But the average American who thinks the way I presented will not vote at all. And I do not see how 5% of the votes can put another party in the "Big Leagues"?

It gets them funds from the government to run. Instead of having thousands they would have Millions to use. I think it also gets them equal news coverage but I am sure someone will let me know if thats wrong.

In other words the 5% mark puts them on the same level as the Big Two

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Amuk]

I dont think they will get equal news coverage because the Democrats and Republicans will probably bribe the media to keep their coverage as little as possible

anyway, I'm glad Badnarik got 18%!!
also, how does an electoral total on a forum work?

[edit on 18-10-2004 by UnknownOrigins]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Kerry won?? DANG IT! I wanted to see SpittinCobra painted pink and in a size 18 dress!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I agree with AMUK...18% libertarian turnout is awesome. I saw that in my area several libertarian candidates are running and will get my vote. Gotta start locally to get to national attention, IMHO.

Also, I started the first -ever DontTreadOnMe Presidential Poll of Lawn Sign in my area.
As of today, the signs are 83% Bush-Cheney and 17% Kerry-Edwards. Please note, I live in a county that id mostly democrats, except when Reagan ran.
I've never seen such results in this area

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
In more sensible electoral processes than the outdated system of the US, pooling 5% of the national vote provides for 5% representation in parliamentary seats.

Right, like the system that put Hitler in power?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Ahem. I believe we're losing sight of the true point.

We won.

You didn't.

Na na...na..nananana!

You won't be able to say that on November 3, 2004. It's a known fact that there are more liberal members here at ATS than Good Americans.

In other words, this don't count!
Na-na...Na-na-na!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Thank you for having the wisdom to save the country and the world!!!!!

Yeah...John Kerry and the left wing gang are gonna save the world. Lets all hold hands, sing campfire songs, give more of our paychecks to them so they can start more gov't programs for the uneducated and lazy, embrace the democrat mantra that everyone is entitled to everything under the sun (a job, govt healthcare, a house), be the world pu$$ys and let the global harmonic community decide what the country can and can't do, and try to remember that we SURELY must have done something to anger those peaceful Muslim radicals who want to slit your child's throat and once the Dems are in charge this "nuisance" will all just go away.

I respect each and every American's right to vote, but MY GOD...how can this party even be considered legitimate any more?!

Flame away

[edit on 10/18/2004 by OpenMinded]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Ohhh please let the actual election results be the same as they are here here at ATS! This election has been stressing me out more than any other I've ever experienced (which is not many really...lol). I am ready for it to be over...anyone else?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

embrace the democrat mantra that everyone is entitled to everything under the sun (a job, govt healthcare

So only special people are entitled to jobs and healthcare!??? Are you for real?

It really drives me crazy when conservatives share that same opinion...the same people who get on their soapbox and preach about Christianity. Can you say hypocrite?

(This post refers to all those so-called "Christian" right wing conservatives...not necessarily the poster above)

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
An excellent idea -- and interesting that Badnarik made such a good showing. I know that we're a relatively small percentage of the voters, but perhaps someone should tell the guy that in an Internet "straw poll" he made a strong showing.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yeah...John Kerry and the left wing gang are gonna save the world.

I'd settle for not being in such a damned hurry to destroy it...*cough* Bush *cough*...

The bigger war is coming...nobody can stop that now, the pieces are already in play and in motion. It's simply a matter of time, for more nukes to get in more hands that will actually USE them, vs. keep them as insurance... The big question is which of the two has a better chance of making this happen later rather than sooner.... That choice is obvious....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Uhh I'm a bit confused, given the nature of this board did anyone actually expect bush to win this little "straw poll"?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
With aproximately 35% of board visitors non-American and likely to vote against Bush I think this poll actually shows it alot closer amoung Americans on the board than it at first appears.

Hmmm...

We can probably rest assured non-Americans only voted for Bush/Kerry/Nader
� as Badnarik and Cobb are virtually unknown outside the States.
The non-American vote for Nader is probably a quibbling handful,
� but the effect on the Bush-Kerry package is tremendous.

Using your 35% and split the Kerry-Bush allotment by 2:1
� (Kerry widely favored abroad, polls show) (Oct 15)

Applied to the official tally:

Kerry/Edwards: 378 votes, 43.45%
Bush/Cheney: 269 votes, 30.92%
Badnarik/Campagna: 157 votes, 18.05%
Cobb/LaMarch: 33 votes, 3.79%
Nader/Camejo: 31 votes, 3.56%

Yields:

Kerry/Edwards: 227 votes, 35.36%
Bush/Cheney: 194 votes, 30.22%
Badnarik/Campagna: 157 votes, 24.45%
Cobb/LaMarch: 33 votes, 5.14%
Nader/Camejo: 31 votes, 4.83%

Which is an even more interesting result.

This kind of result is all over the web,
� wherever Bush and Kerry are pitted against the third-party field.
Pollsters wish third-party candidates would just go away,
� but on Nov 2 the backlash against the Republicrat duopoly shall make itself heard.

Collect your popcorn for Nov 2 now, before the price goes up.

>...X...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Uhh I'm a bit confused, given the nature of this board did anyone actually expect bush to win this little "straw poll"?

You mean the mostly Republican vein here? Yes, you would have thought Bush would have won, no? Most of the mods who weigh in on anything political are Republican......hell, most are on the campaign 2004 Republican Team!

All your regular board spammers are Free Republic style Republicans....go and look at the inane titles & dirt digs littering the War & Politics forums; what is it - 5 to 1 Freeper!?

At the end of the day people take the measure of the men being considered: If you consider yourself conservative & rightfully decide that you have no business legislating what a woman does with her body or whom people enter into a long term monogomous relationship with, you clearly realize that Badnarik is head & shoulders over Bush.
If you see the world as our necessary partner in shouldering the costs & committments that bring us all into the 21st century and that a oligarchy/fascist hybrid that we have now is not the desired outcome to the American experiment and that fear is for crowd control - not the mark of leadership and that our collective futures are at stake, then John Kerry is the only choice amongst them all.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Badnarik won Guest Speaker

Absolutely the BEST guest EVER on ATS! BEST!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I couldn't be more pleased at the reults garnerd by all the third parties candidates. especially Micheal B.

As far as when the real election happens, there is only 1 candidate I am afraid of winning.Just For Kicks I'm going to keep it to myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Since this vote was my idea I would like to make this assessment of it.

Polls are rigged but freewill is not. This little vote here reflects more of what voters feel than any poll. It's made up from completly diverse voter's and there is no chance of outside influence.

I think KERRY is going to be the winner 11/04. It will be interesting to compare the national numbers to these to see if there is an acurrate corolation.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow I am surprised! Bush did THAT well here? The Libertarian vote % is also a pleasnat surprise. Thanks for this ATS

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
nope... not even close...

election should have been for American ATS'ers only...

I know I know.... but it's just not right...

I call for a recount

and I didn't vote for who you think I did...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

mentioned by Bout Time
You mean the mostly Republican vein here? Yes, you would have thought Bush would have won, no? Most of the mods who weigh in on anything political are Republican......hell, most are on the campaign 2004 Republican Team!
All your regular board spammers are Free Republic style Republicans....go and look at the inane titles & dirt digs littering the War & Politics forums; what is it - 5 to 1 Freeper!?

BT, like my wife, I will still always respect and love you: for your imput, your thoughts, your political beliefs, and for simply you just being you.

I do wish Mr. Kerry the best, even if just for your sake.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think KERRY is going to be the winner 11/04. It will be interesting to compare the national numbers to these to see if there is an acurrate corolation.

Man...I hope you are right, unfortunately I think Bush is going to barely win again. The reason why I feel this way is because I live in South Carolina and I am surrounded by Bush lovin' conservatives who think he is going to be able to protect us from future terrorist attacks.

They can't see that he is further alienating us from the rest of the world therefore igniting future attacks from terrorists AS WELL as other countries. The day is going to come when we seek help and support from others, boy will we be in for a big surprise when they turn their backs on us! And you know what...I won't blame them one bit, we are asking for it. Of course when this finally happens Bush will be out of office leaving the mess he made for some other president to take the blame for. The way the Bush administration has abused the United States power is embarrassing and atrocious!

Untill Americans realize that the world does not revolve around us, that we aren't as important as we think we are, that it is possible for us to be wrong...we are heading for some big trouble. I don't think people ever think about the thousands of innocent civilians that we have killed in Bush's name...Hell...I don't even think Bush gives a flying Sh%t. I just can't support someone who has no respect for humanity...it makes me sick. The Bush administration only cares about power and money...they have proven this time and time again.

Will the United States ever elect a president who represents the world's humanity...and not just the American people in their target bracket??? I hope so...

[edit on 10/19/2004 by Lecky]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join