It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PBS Bashing has been around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Not sure where to post this, but I was actually listening to Norm McDonald Clinton Roast and at around 8:56 he talks about New Gingrich cutting funding to PBS and now I know why PBS is such a "topic" for Romney. It seems a little strange to bring up PBS at this time and how much we also forget about past Presidents and the Politics that goes on. I bet the topics these two, Romney and Obama, talk about are probably the same topics that have been past elections going back as long as JFK.
edit on 16-10-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Well PBS started after Kennedy, (I am a staunch supporter of both btw) in 1970. But it certainly has been targeted by conservatives for elimination over the last few election cycles.

ETA: If it weren't for PBS I never would have grown to love Blackadder, the character in my avatar.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Ulyeney because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by Ulyeney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulyeney

I understand how long PBS has been around but I was more trying to understand how PBS could still be a "MSM" talking point in this election as much as it was 12-16 years ago, maybe more. I think the talking points seem to keep coming up on both sides and nothing NEW is every brought to the table. Sickening.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well then you understand I am agreeing you, that this is not a new tactic. My point was to show that Kennedy wasn't debating PBS funding in his day.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulyeney

Should of said "after JFK" cuz it seems most of this "stuff" seems to end in "since JFK".

new topics

top topics

join