It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true implications of discovering extraterrestrial life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
The true implications of discovering extraterrestrial life, page 1

Hi all,
Who knows what the true implications would be? Though there are some (Sec Gov) who know and have known for some time we are not alone and possibly the product of an EBE race(s).

I came to consider those in the know have two main reasons for their interacting with EBEs while keeping the secret mute outside of compartmentalized ('need to know') above top secret clearance.

One: Effect on Religious fundamentals adopted by founding fathers in the Court of Law "Swearing on the Bible", which would be shattered for a variety of reasons. Making sworn testimony moot.

Two: Highly Advanced Technology. Getting it, exploiting it for defence/offensive purposes and keeping it hush-hush so as to become beyond a 'super power'.

Three: EBEs don't want their continued presence directly known to the public.

What the implications would be vary based on when (what era) the Public were made aware they are here and why.

I have considered that ETs don't wish to parade themselves and risk becoming a bad omen and then it becomes understandable that the lid would remain closed, but on the other hand it seems we have people looking for answers about their experiences and you have to consider that it's A) not cool of ETs to reel people in and leave them hanging and going bonkers... or B) you have to consider that in so many cases, direct contact is not possible DIRECTLY because of people.

When you think about it in those terms, what communication does come across becomes very important and a good chunk of what you have to look at is the compelling argument that they DO come here and give people messages but that these messages seem much more sparse than what you think the ETs would want them to be. It could be seen as a request for help, a request for one to observe or listen and this becomes extremely touchy for someone who feels akin or compassionate to them.

Why can they not ease their own contacts minds, perhaps it is not yet time, perhaps it is just a call to duty to look for ascension in lofty ideas and dreams of what science and the world could be with an unfortunate ending concerning a kindred spirit who offered guidance, ideas or once inspired an imagination to question by extraordinary experiences who they will never meet again... or perhaps there is simply something in the way.

What a terrible thought.

Do people think that is just a thought that a person will just forget?

So where are they? What happened to them? Why can we not see them even though they are contacting people?

And there is no one who is going to ease your mind
edit on 18-10-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

apologies, but what is point one here supposed to imply? the testimony of atheists, agnostics and nihilists is to be considered moot because none will swear on imaginary skyfathers?
or the other way around, what if the aliens believe in god too?

as for point two, if that were the case there would BE a superpower-beyond-superpowers already. one thing about those naked apes; they can't resist showing off the moment they a toe further ahead than anyone else.. just think on how quickly we rushed every slightest weapon advantage we had to the front the moment it came around..

this is just what my reason and experience tell me. i could, and have been, dead wrong before today.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I know that someone with intel must know I'm a contactee. I didn't always talk about things like this, I used to get drunk and sing songs all day... and when I stopped drinking I did other things to goof off online mostly in music forums of bands I liked talking about all sorts of stuff.... but I always referred back to the same thing... "this topic gives me the heebie jeebies because I know they are real and I don't want to talk about it because it will keep me awake all night... and I didn't continue talking about it because I'd start feeling like someone was in the room... and now I recognize and have gotten very used to that feeling that someone is here in the room with me and sometimes I still get a little nerved but it's more about my fears out of intense concern now.

I know that it wasn't a friend or coworker talking to me about these things. They would be capable of dropping the most random pieces of info about my own life that would sometimes get recalled at the strangest moments drawing my mind back to an association and a eureka moment... having a broad understanding of conspiracies and know things about me I had not even realized or had not yet contextualized,

Now do you think any of them have bothered to finish the story? Now that I have become completely obsessed with figuring an important part of this out, they can't even tell me what happened. They just reopen wounds and watch them bleed.

This kinda paints the picture that the government is not the good upstanding men they often pretend to be.

In light of actual harassment from various groups and now seeing why they did the things they did, there is no going back from this... so not only do I gain attention by some who know next to nothing about it and harassed on many levels in many ways by those scratching the surface of this... the ones who did know more, just wanted to wake me up to certain ideas to make me more paranoid, let me know I'm being watched and clued me into to various high tech viewing methods to get a few more missing pieces and finally make a complete headcase out of me because it is deeply effecting my emotions.

Do they care? Nah.
They felt like doing this so they did... and they have no qualms about risking putting anyone over the edge with this secrecy. Does anybody really think the government cares about the feelings of people with the way they toy with people. It's much bigger of an issue that they deny these things concerning what the public reaction will be because as long as they remain quiet, we know our government is telling relentless lies. If they came clean, the yeah... we have to get used to that but at least we could feel that our government told the truth. Who gives a damn if government lies start causing panic... oh wait, it's already happening. It's perfectly ok for us to get nutball angry about being treated like complete morons but don't let us get worried and have to think about the stuff we constantly watch on TV and constantly already think about.

Right, because they care.

No, they don't care... It's your duty to be unhappy when it comes to important national security issues and you don't need to know.... you only need to elaborate what YOU know, be confused, be scared, be frustrated, be sad and angry, understand we're in control and that there is nothing you're going to be able to do about it and every day will be a reminder.

Now why aren't you licking our boots?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The biggest realizations of alien life existing:

1) We are not the most intelligent race in the universe
2) We are not the oldest race
3) We do not have the best technology
4) We may not necessarily be at the top of the food chain
5) Has alien life genetically engineered life on Earth?
6) What is our place in the universe?

All this religion stuff is nonscence. I'm sure higher beings aren't religious.
It is a meme from our prehistoric belief systems akin to worshipping the sun.
Time to grow up and understand science.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
apologies if already said but 3 issues, in my opinion:

1) it's the die hard terrorist/religious extremists out there

2) die hard patriots; it's illogical to maintain global dominance once the obvious advanced technology presumably obtained provided all that was needed

3) back-engineering or abuse by supposed technology by foreign powers or even earth itself in the name of planetary war and domination

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The true implications of discovering extraterrestrial life?

A.) All of Humanity is saved and we can look forward to a glorious future of propagation, expansion, and accelerated evolution.

B.) All of Humanity is doomed and we can look forward to a hellacious future of slavery, chattel, and/or sustenance.

C.) All of Humanity is left entirely alone to fend for themselves and to sink or swim among the other galactic sentient beings.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The masses are not ready to be "unplugged" from their reality, If they disclose aliens existence much of the earths population will be psychologically damaged. We are not ready for the truth, for the unplugging, we have to gradually release tid bits to build up the humans subconscious that " everything will be okay " or else many of people will go into mental breakdown and never recover.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The True Implications~

The implications worldwide will fall into place in many different ways just as it does with any other discovery.

The implications of discovery within ones self is where the answers may lay. It will be different for each and every one of us. If you are searching I believe answers will be found in due time.

But even if the discovery is made we would still question things. It won't truly answer anything...it will just raise more questions to be answered. We will continue to search and search and search. It is what we do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join