It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video posted by Anonymous on YouTube....Amanda Todd is a media scheme

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Advantage

You can arm them with all the knowledge you want but in the end, kids will find a way to do what they want, I know i did.
The only way to know is with something like This

I hear you.. I was a rotten circumventing type of kid.
I look at mine and figure with mine and the husbands genetics.. Im screwed.

TY for the link. He has something running, but Ill show him this as well. I am admittedly NOT the tech head in the fam.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

NP I know the program is kind of expensive but..*cough* I can show you how to get the "five finger" discount

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJeanLuc
or 4: this isnt an official video from annon

There is no such thing as an "official video from anon"
Anon is not a secret fight club with a member list.....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with this?

There's something happening in the private lives of young men and women that no anti-bullying program seems to be able to crack. Todd's story renewed pleas for a new approach, with B.C. Premier Christy Clark announcing plans for an anti-bullying summit on Nov. 13 in Vancouver that would bring together "parents, educators and experts" to discuss the issue. Clark tweeted there are "more details to come."

thetyee.ca...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
reply to post by Pinke

Sorry for your brain pain, but do you not have an open mind? Are you able to come up with your own theories about something? Or do you believe everything you hear or read?

You didn't answer half of my questions, so I'll skip most of yours. You're not opened minded at all though, you apparently think there is only one answer to this.

Summary:

- Parents can't be everywhere maybe aren't that tech savy
- You don't know what the parents saw or didn't see
- You don't know what the parents feel or didn't feel
- To say they got 'fed up' with the daughter might not be far off, depressed people are draining. They probably feel it now a bit
- Finding a person isn't that hard

I was never abused as a kid. My parents tried to give me everything that I could ask for. Yet I rebelled when I was a young teenager.

I was never abused as a child =/= therefore the symptoms of child abuse are in correct???

I rebelled as a child =/= child abuse has no effect on a persons actions???

I was irresponsible as a child =/= Amanda Todd deserved to die and I didn't though ...

I rebelled as a child =/= therefore I can judge Amanda Todd

I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here at all other than trying to claim every single other child is just like you when you were a child. Is your name Amanda? If it is you can speak on her behalf otherwise you know nothing.

This girl, in my opinion, couldn't come to grips with the fact that she was a sexual deviant.

I think we're getting to the heart of the matter.

She couldn't understand why she was so compelled to go onto stickam and perform masturbation shows and strip for older men.

You're actually using this event yourself to ride the soap box and try to make a statement about morals to prop yourself up? You understand you're no better than the media in this regard? Do you understand what 'There but for the grace of God go I' means?

A rocky upbringing will make you impulsive. It will give you poor judgement. With time and growing up as an adult you can learn to control it. That's a possibility ... but it was Lady Gaga and RnB in the library with the candlestick? You've got it all worked out and it's this big clear cut black and white moral statement about the world? I guess I'll just store my critical thinking and open mindedness in a box and stop using it. You've really opened my eyes? >.<

See coming up with your own theories is one thing ... but you've managed to judge an entire family based off a handful of youtube videos, your allegedly amazing new idea that teenagers have free will, and the fact that as a teenager you were 'rebellious' but didn't get naked?

Imagine being a troubled teenager, having that same free will and tell me your parents could control you. Mine certainly couldn't. Her parents probably made mistakes. I dunno!

Why does there have to be an influence to that behavior?

My simple question is how do you know there isn't? Get off your soap box and stop trying to use a teen's death as a justification to your moralistic judgement about society.

But feel bad for a coward. A weak individual that couldn't handle being criticized for her own inappropriate actions.

SHE WAS FIFTEEN WITH DEPRESSION.

I understand it makes life easier for you to judge a suicide victim as a coward, especially if you don't understand it. Your logic is entirely common. Nothing you're saying here today is new or ground breaking. It's comforting to thing people are 100% made up of their own actions and get what they deserve ...

The fact of the matter is some people get depressed for whatever reason, they become incredibly difficult to deal with, and they're not fun to be around. Victims are not nice people. Is that really a hard concept to understand? They are not responsible, they do not care for their own well being, some of them are down right loathsome people actually ... Suicide is also an impulsive act often times. Something as simple as a hand rail can give a person enough time to decide against it.

You didn't even attempt to address any of my questions because I think you were too busy trying to judge dead teenagers who did irresponsible things. What if she had got over this last suicide attempt and become a great person?

You simply don't know. Princess Diana tried it as well. A lot of people have! People lose control; it happens. Please just give it a thought.

I'll probably just say 'nice talking to you' and leave it at that. I think you have a very simple outlook on life and in some ways that's fair enough. I just don't think life is always as simple as you think.

Keep in mind am not saying people aren't responsible for themselves. I'm saying sometimes it isn't your fault you are the way you are, but it's your responsibility to work at it. I don't believe judgement the way you are presenting is required for that.

edit on 17-10-2012 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2012 by Pinke because: Probably just ...

edit on 17-10-2012 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
So with all due respect to everyone involved, I think the parents should have thrown this girl's computer out the window and got her psychiatric help, not just anti depressants, which have been known to cause suicidal tendencies.

Don't anti depressants need a psychiatrist in America? (In my country you can't)

I know she was getting counselling and hospital treatment etc ... Not sure how tech savvy her parents were, though I think these days it's much harder to live without the net/keep people away from it than ever before.

Not saying her parents did every last thing they could but there is a part of it where if a person is depressed you just can't always be there every waking moment.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

I read on the other thread here on ATS concerning Amanda that it was not just a one time flash,but that she was doing more of a webcam type thing that older men could see and that is why the police came to her house. I will look back at that thread to see if he verified his claims or where he got them, but that would explain the cops and her guilt a little more than one time flash for me..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
@Pinke:

I understand it makes life easier for you to judge a suicide victim as a coward, especially if you don't understand it. Your logic is entirely common.

You see. It is a problem for me. Because I understand it a little too well. I don't like hearing about suicides because:

a) When I was 20 years old I found my 27 year old neighbor, a kid I grew up with for 13 years of my life, dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound in his garage. I was the one that drove up the street to the local convenience store and tell his mother that her son was dead. I live with that moment engraved in my mind every day.

b) A volunteer at my fiances shelter, a completely innocent and wonderful kid committed suicide because he was tortured by kids at school because they thought he was gay. They had no reason to think that. They just did. They found his father on the one year anniversary of his sons death in the same place they found his son.

So do not tell me I don't understand it.

I have said some pretty mean things about the girl post mortem and I do realize that some things I have said are harsh. But the explosion of complete and total garbage of news material that has been created about this entire situation without any true answers. You see friends at a memorial, and you have the youtube video, but no suspects. If this girl was being bullied online I would think it would be incredibly easy to find who did this in a short amount of time. Remember, she flashed at 12. 12! And the photos were spread from then on. And the police couldn't find a suspect that was distributing these photos to the internet? And posting them on facebook?

I don't buy it. I'm sorry, but I will not feel bad for this girl that is being portrayed at "an angel" without any honest background story. If this girl was tortured and bullied for any other reason other than her own stupidity I would more then likely shed a tear, and I'm being serious. But not for this.

And another thing, how aren't these schools made aware of all the bullying going on? The beating after school and the video being taken? Remember when those kids on Long Island made that Tebowing picture and were suspended, yet a video taken by high school kids of a girl getting whooped on goes unnoticed?

And what kind of inspiration is Amanda Todd to bullies? She isn't. Because she couldn't stand up for herself. Why make this girl out to be a hero?

We aren't getting the full story is all I am saying.

@Katharos:

Someone on ATS, and I don't remember who, struck a nerve when he said that he had heard on other forum sites that people have reportedly seen many of her "shows" on stickam. Now I can neither confirm or deny that that is even true but in my honest opinion, and I don't think it is a stretch, but it wasn't her first, or last, time showing anything or everything online.

ABC News
There is a charming photo of her giving the camera the finger...
Huffington Post

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

So do not tell me I don't understand it.

I've had personal experiences with suicide as well. It often is a selfish act in some ways, but did you call your friends cowards who couldn't handle it?

You knew more about your friends situations, and less about Amanda's. I don't think that kind of statement is necessary.

I have said some pretty mean things about the girl post mortem and I do realize that some things I have said are harsh.

They are. Especially given it is already 'over'.

But the explosion of complete and total garbage of news material [sic]

The media loves drama. We know that. James Holmes anyone?

situation without any true answers.

You've provided answers such as floozy, coward, etc ... I don't think that's necessary.

I don't trust the media either way on this, they just rush to print.

If this girl was being bullied online I would think it would be incredibly easy to find who did this in a short amount of time. Remember, she flashed at 12. 12! And the photos were spread from then on. And the police couldn't find a suspect that was distributing these photos to the internet? And posting them on facebook?

You don't know the situation, nor do I. Net cafes. Spoofing. False details. Or even the police might have come to your conclusion that Amanda was asking for it/encouraging it and not taken it seriously. So many possibles.

If the evidence emerges she was being stalked and bullied I hope you will feel different.

I don't buy it. I'm sorry, but I will not feel bad for this girl that is being portrayed at "an angel" without any honest background story.

I've seen more of the 'its her own fault' crowd than the angel crowd. I don't see Amanda as an angel, but as a very unfortunate and tragic reminder of the fragility of human life and psyche at a young age. I've seen sex offenders get less abuse than this woman in death.

If this girl was tortured and bullied for any other reason other than her own stupidity I would more then likely shed a tear, and I'm being serious.

You don't have to shed a tear, but at least understand.

If Amanda's personality was molded by a horrific experience when she was 8 would it change your mind? If in the future she would become a nobel prize winner would it change your mind?

I digress with you here because I think judging a 15 year old by actions they took around 12 and beyond when struggling with their sexuality is beyond harsh. Even if this was a boy I would feel somewhat the same. She didn't kill anyone, she may not have been the nicest person, but not the worst. You can't possibly say that her own stupidity is the only cause here.

And another thing, how aren't these schools made aware of all the bullying going on?

I'm not surprised at the incompetency of education institutions. They're run by humans who avoid conflict and are often afraid to act. Witnessed it many times myself. Perhaps you would have done something about it, but you weren't there.

And what kind of inspiration is Amanda Todd to bullies? She isn't. Because she couldn't stand up for herself. Why make this girl out to be a hero?

Go to google, image search, safe search off ... write in Amanda Todd or Amanda Todd is a hero. Check the strings too. The first 20 results are less than nice when I tried it.

We aren't getting the full story is all I am saying.

I'm saying the same thing oddly enough, but you and many others are saying they know more than everyone else.

I do not consider her a hero, but I don't think you're in the right position to judge. I don't think many people are. So many questions such as health insurance, proper care, people taking the cries for help seriously etc ... I believe people beyond Amanda and her parents stood by and let this happen and it should be a wake up call.

There is nothing to celebrate here. Sadly, just about everyone involved that I've seen has been below the standards for human compassion and understanding I think we should have. Compassion and understanding isn't about turning someone into a martyr or hero, or being dishonest. It's just about understanding the many reasons that may have brought us to a point.

Side note: I've given the bird to cameras more than once with friends. More than one of us has a phd. Go figure.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Pinke because: Side note:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

well, either 1- Amanda Todd is a media scheme
or 2-those that bullied her to death posted a fake video attempting to sweep it all under the rug

Or 3: There is a lot of fabrication and missing information in the story.

brb cops are here, probably just want to let me know a video of mine went viral.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

who really gives a _ _ _ _?

these memes are feed for livestock. go outside and breathe some fresh air folks, seriously

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
After doing some digging, she has been capped a multiple times camwhoring(showing her body off and then some). So it's not like she showed her boobs once and it haunted her forever. Parents need to stop buying their kids have devices with cameras, and letting them do whatever they want..... Supervise your kids online! The worse thing that can happen to them is not this, by a long shot.

And those people trying to make out anon to be a band of heroes, you do realize it was also anon that was tormenting her right? Plenty of anons get off on ruining lives for laughs.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Blaming this girl? Some of you are honestly blaming this girl? That's very unsettling for me. Those of you theorizing it's a media fake, or she is an actress, well, I expect that here, it's ATS, we tend to think so far out of the box we're back inside the box. But blaming the girl?

I blame the parents. You can't expect a teenage girl, even in today's world, to be a rational thinking adult in a small body. They aren't. Teenagers are the dumbest creatures on earth, unable to foresee consequences, convinced they are invincible merely because they are too young to die and it would be unfair.

I have to say this, the media IS spinning this to fit an agenda, that's what they do. But a REAL girl is dead, a REAL family is grieving. And all of this could have been avoided.....

Firstly, radom cam/chat sites, unless hacked, can not provide you with the ip of the person you are connecting to. Your computer feeds the webcam/audio stream to the site which relays it to the other person, without a compromised site (anon would NEVER hack a site...) you couldn't get a persons IP. As well, moving, unless within the same state/province should have you moving to a different service provider, or service region, so your ip would change. I doubt she was webcamming from a smartphone, so that isn't really a valid tracking option, though your ip should theoretically stay the same regardless of where you are with that phone...

But then there's skype... Skype, my friends, is wide freaking open. A little googling and you will find various hacks for skype, free credits, password retrievers for remote skype accounts (you only need the skype username) as well, and I'm not sure if this has been patched yet, but there is an exploit that allowers a third party to monitor skype calls, and get detailed information including their actual global ip address.

Someone with the knowledge and skill could easily track a person via skype, monitoring the ip changes, doing a whois on the ip to find the location etc etc.

But, from the sounds of it, I'd say this girl was giving out enough real personal information to her "followers" that it wasn't hard to stalk her. In fact, the person actually doing is was probably one of her facebook friends.

There are various things you can do FOR FREE to help limit your child's access. There are also various paid software packages that can do the same and more. If I was a parent and my child had a laptop or access to my computer i would do a few things:

Firstly, it's your computer, even if it's theirs, so you are the computer administrator, your child has a limited access user account. This way your child has to have you come enter a password if they attempt to install any software. This stops skype, an other im clients, chat programs, and also flash, which is what all of those webcam sites require to work. Of course, there are portable apps, so you can't fool yourself into thinking that's enough, it's not.

You should invest in a router that has quality of service options that allow you to either set times for internet access to be disabled, or website blocking. The latter is painful as you have to stay ontop of blocking sites yourself. You can go a step further and actually block the applications themselves, and the ports required, in your router settings as well.

You can install keylogging software as well as screen capture software. Some is free, the good ones aren't. Some of the better ones even allow you to set the screen captures to start when a specific program is open, a specific website is visited, etc etc.

I could go on for pages, but it's pointless because the most important part is EDUCATION. You've got to sit down with your kid and explain the dangers of the internet. Maybe even show them an article about this girl, and her video. Whatever it takes to get into their thick teenage skulls.

Bad things CAN and DO happen to kids just like you. As a parent all you can do is give the child the tools to protect themselves, you can't be there at all times, it's too easy to get online now. You need to take an active role in your kids life. You aren't supposed to be their friend, they SHOULD hate you sometimes, because you need to be nosy, ask questions, make them add you on facebook, and at random times, verify you are not in a limited access group.

If you are right now thinking "my child wouldn't do that" I promise you, they would, might, and probably already have.Have a smart phone? There's a billion random chat apps, some even with video chat. No age verification, nothing. Your kid has an ipod touch? It's not a phone you say? Sure it is, you can get skype on it, you can get a program to send and receive sms texts to and from real phones, you can get programs like viber and vonage to make phone calls.

Almost every device your kid has access to is an open door. Playstation or Xbox? Camera + mic = webcam chatting. psp vita even has skype.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Pinke

WHY IS SHE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO USE FACEBOOK!?!?!

edit on 17-10-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

THIS !!! Big big question mark regarding this quote, not just facebook but the internet in general, why after all she went through would she even want to use social networking at all. I cannot for the life of me get my head around this.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainJeanLuc
or 4: this isnt an official video from annon

I made sure to at least question the validity of the Anon video in my OP.

What I find puzzling is the fact that this girls family would just uproot everything and move from the original school district so that she could be away from her abusers instead of having police in the area take care of any trouble making kids or trying to get to the bottom of her nude photos online.

What if this family faked her death?

Have you ever had to call the police to take care of some "trouble" ? police would not step in to help something like this. i did not know she died did she?
i know this girl was very young But i really think the guy that uploaded this picture should be charged to full degree. now i always been the type of person that fully believes in you make your bed you can lie in it as well. but this girl was way to young. she was still learning how this crap life works i really feel sorry for her. kinda ticked off at her parents as well. i have 3 of my own that get on the net and i tought them from day 1. NEVER give out your real name address or anything that could give away where your really from. I really hope she is not dead over something like this. and if she is i just hope lots of people have learned from it. and that child porn uploader goes to prision along with a blackmail charge to get some annal action of his own

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
I believe that she was a real person that died but i do not believe the story she tells in that youtube video. Like the cops just show up at her house at 4am? "Excuse me little lady we just thought we would let you know that your child pornography went viral, just thought we would let you know good night" really? Now keep in mind the cops were able to identify the girl through a picture of her boobs and from what we can tell they made no attempt to track down the people that were posting child porn.
Somehow everyone at her school knew that she drank bleach in an effort to kill herself- how did eveyone know about this right after it happened?
The blackmailer threatened to show everyone a picture of her boobs when everyone was already harassing her about it?
edit on 16-10-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

It wasn't just a picture of her boobs, she also made webcam videos and showed it all... . .

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I support teens drinking bleach. Bottoms up!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace

I support teens drinking bleach. Bottoms up!

Wow.

And I'M the insensitive one!

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

After reading SOOO many posts and threads and articles because this disturbed me so much...as there were/are so many unanswered questions...all I want to say to you is THANK YOU for pouring your heart out in this post! Henceforth without all the speculation, and insinuations....just pure unadulterated feelings. You have made me feel better about this sad story, if only because you describe the feelings of despair she and others have felt head on. I feel this way too about what others must be enduring, but only in FEELINGS and you have given those exact feelings...words! Somebody gets it.....

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
it seems like a lot of folks are exploiting a lost soul

shameful

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join