It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Illegal Underground Food Stamp Market Thrives Online

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

Originally posted by jidnum
The whole foodstamp system is so half a$$ed.

They would get $1000 worth of benefits. That to me is just absurd.

Not true.

I have a family of 5 on foodstamps, and only get $450.00. My girls can sometimes out eat their dad. :/
Needless to say the foodstamps are usually gone half way through the month. I shop at walmart, since food is less expensive there than at the regular grocery store.

No, we do not get cash benefits. I like to know how to qualify for that. Even if one wasn't working, and the other on unemployment, we still didn't qualify. Medical for the girls only. They sometimes get transferred from welfare medical to our state's chip program. I love it when we are border line, and they get into a fight of who is suppose to cover them.

Now my husband just got a job. It pays about equal to or less than what he made on unemployment. The case worker told me that the foodstamps will go down even more. Great. I don't do the underground market thing. One, I don't know how. Two, we need to eat just as much as we need to try to pay the bills. I'm behind on just about everything right now. I guess that's life for now.

$200 is the maximum. If you make too much you get less. Not sure how you apply for TANF since I don't have a family, but I guess it varies from state to state. Here in nevada I get $200 a month if I make less than $1200 a month before taxes. Well that's what my case worker said.

<< 1   >>

join