It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Rosicrucianism, and UFOs

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

It is fascinating. I have no doubt mundane, although exciting, scientific explanations like this could account for a host of sightings in various places around the world. As in, as of yet unknown natural phenomenon. However, as people here mention now and again, things are most likely not that simple for the rest of the sightings. At least it seems horribly complex and chaotic at times.

From the same article:

"This whole area is full of minerals and abandoned mines. These mines fill up with water, and result in copper, zink and sulfur draining out into the river (Hesja). So, the phenomenon could also be due to chemical reactions like this."

Again, only theories but at least there's something consistent here that they have on camera, and which they finally decided to show at the European Geosciences Union (also mentioned in the article).

Here's their page btw, in case anyone has missed it Project Hessdalen

A notice at the top of the page reads: "Not all of these are necessarily depicting the Hessdalen phenomenon. These are only interesting pictures/videos".

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Hey again,

You familiar with Dave Emory's lectures?
archive.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Borderlands

Hiya, Borderlands. No, I wasn't familiar with that series. Thank you---I was having a little trouble sleeping last night so I really appreciated finding that here. Made it most of the way through before sleep came. I'll be digging more into Emory's lectures.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

He does have the perfect voice for podcasts before bed

Others can be found by simply typing his name into the Archive.org search box (on the off chance you didn't already do that), a lot of his work is also backed up on SpitFire.

Highly recommended, to everyone else.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There a few patterns I find of interest, primarily that of certain deposits of specific minerals within the earth, quartz for example in some cases.

The myth and legends of certain areas which would certainly get some neurons in the Brain firing off, Electromagnetism, Certain minerals in the human brain,Infrasounds...naturally occurring?

What would happen if you could combine all of the above somehow, artificially?

Hmmmmm....just pondering outloud more than anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Hmmmmm....just pondering outloud more than anything.

Dig deep enough, Pigsy, and you're likely to find more than truffles.

The Mineral Theory is still spiking my interest, poking me in the back of the brain - it may not be as lush and romantic as other alternative answers to our grand mystery, but it's certainly too compelling to ignore. So I shall endeavour to do further digging myself, now that I'm cautiously dipping my toe into ATS waters again

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join