It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A missile system and a satellite-based battlefield management system. All that's needed to destroy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered why all armies use complicated and endless variations of all sorts of war machines both in the air, on the ground and on/in the sea that do the same job as existing hardware? All it does is waste material and complicate matters.

I'm here to tell you the impossible. I'm here to tell you that you could defeat entire armies, open all the fronts you want and come out being the winner. All this with minimum to zero casualties.

The main things you need to develop are:

1. A rocket artillery system.
2. A satellite based battlefield management system.

In depth capabilites of the rocket artillery system.
1. All weather.
2. All range.
3. Surface to air, surface to surface, surface to sea and surface to space capability.
4. Bunker busting capable.
5. Satellite guided.
6. In flight manoeuvrability.
7. 60 missiles per minute firing. (Each battery contains 20 openings)
8. Supersonic and hypersonic speed capability.
9. ICBM destructor.
10. Total stealth.

In depth capabilites of the satellite management system. (GPS type)
1. On board 360 jammer covering the entire planet by linking up with the other satellites to form a network.
2. All light spectrum camouflage.
3. A lock-and-remember of any type of military target (from big ships to small vehicles). Can be set manually or automatically be the satellite through a highly advanced AI scanner.
4. Multiple simultaneous in flight missiles control system.

In operation.

1. The soldiers inside the rocket artillery system have a real time location feed of any place in the planet. They can manually or order the satellite constellation to automatically lock into enemy military hardware.
2. The officer gives the gunner the order to fire.
3. Each missiles is programmed and directed to its predetermined target.

How many rocket artillery army groups of these things do you want to have...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
well, what happens when the chinese send a group of taikonauts into space to manually destroy your satellite grid.

or why bother sending astronauts when they can send up anti-satellite missiles.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
well, what happens when the chinese send a group of taikonauts into space to manually destroy your satellite grid.

or why bother sending astronauts when they can send up anti-satellite missiles.

If by miracle they find every satellite of the constellation, they will also have to evade the barrage of hypersonic missiles that comes their way...

Do you have the guts to press the button knowing what WILL come your way?

In case I have not made myself clear. All attempts to destroy the satellites would be fruitless aka intercepted and eliminated.
edit on 15/10/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

You're funny.
I was in the Army.
There is no way to stop people shooting down our satellites over their land mass.
Even if you detected all missile launches and somehow had missiles in range you still would not hit the missiles in time before they knocked out the satellites.

Anti missile defense works because they are firing the missiles toward where the anti missile defense is. There is no defense for satellites.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by Jepic

You're funny.
I was in the Army.
There is no way to stop people shooting down our satellites over their land mass.
Even if you detected all missile launches and somehow had missiles in range you still would not hit the missiles in time before they knocked out the satellites.

Anti missile defense works because they are firing the missiles toward where the anti missile defense is. There is no defense for satellites.

Then I don't like your satellites... My satellites have all sorts of electronic countermeasures.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

1. On board 360 jammer covering the entire planet by linking up with the other satellites to form a network.
To jam what exactly?

Huh?

3. A lock-and-remember of any type of military target (from big ships to small vehicles). Can be set manually or automatically be the satellite through a highly advanced AI scanner.
What sort of acquistion are you using? Visual? What about clouds? Radar? Pretty hard to ID hardware with radar. But let's say you can do it somehow. Combine that one with this one...

They can manually or order the satellite constellation to automatically lock into enemy military hardware.
and you'd better really, really trust that "advanced AI" to get it right.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The THAD or THEL will be the next big stick.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

To jam what exactly?

Huh?

What sort of acquistion are you using? Visual? What about clouds? Radar? Pretty hard to ID hardware with radar. But let's say you can do it somehow. Combine that one with this one...

They can manually or order the satellite constellation to automatically lock into enemy military hardware.
and you'd better really, really trust that "advanced AI" to get it right.

1. Jam enemy electronics from threats on the ground, sea and air.
2. I meant camouflage against weapons seeking the satellite through any of the electromagnetic spectrum (infrared,etc...) The satellite identifies the wavelength and can take action if it is compromised.
3. Acquisition is flexible employing reconnaisance and surveillance all along the electromagnetic spectrum.
4. Yea, the AI part is what I find most tricky. The thought of a malfunction is always a real threat. But there can also be failsafes against that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

All I'd need to take out your satellite system is a few tons of ordinary pea-sized gravel spread acros the orbit of your "armada"

Kinetic energy would do the rest as your sophisticated, radar IR evading satellites smaah them selves to pieces against the rocks (causing, fortunately enough for me, more "space junk" for you to slam into!).

I don't even need to launch all my tons of rocks at once, or from the same location, for you to target.

I could even launch my assult from high-altitude rockoons drifting on the upper level winds.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
reply to post by Jepic

All I'd need to take out your satellite system is a few tons of ordinary pea-sized gravel spread acros the orbit of your "armada"

Kinetic energy would do the rest as your sophisticated, radar IR evading satellites smaah them selves to pieces against the rocks (causing, fortunately enough for me, more "space junk" for you to slam into!).

I don't even need to launch all my tons of rocks at once, or from the same location, for you to target.

I could even launch my assult from high-altitude rockoons drifting on the upper level winds.

You can't get those peas up there without launching some form of projectile.

It is always there. Always watching.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Counting on it!

A launch from high altitude would not give even a hypersonic missle enough time to intercept an incoming attack (yes, the USAF has done studies to confirm this).

And if you do manage to hit my "dump truck" (Far cheaper to produce than your sarellites, BTW) all you succeed in doing is spread more debris into the path of your missle system, while further depleting your arsenel to boot.

And how will you re-supply your arsenel once it's depleted?

Not from the ground, the nations of the world would amass against you, and remember, you've shot your wad.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Bhadhidar because: spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
"They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."

Somebody said that in a film once. Now if i could only remember which film...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
reply to post by Jepic

Counting on it!

A launch from high altitude would not give even a hypersonic missle enough time to intercept an incoming attack (yes, the USAF has done studies to confirm this).

And if you do manage to hit my "dump truck" (Far cheaper to produce than your sarellites, BTW) all you succeed in doing is spread more debris into the path of your missle system, while further depleting your arsenel to boot.

And how will you re-supply your arsenel once it's depleted?

Not from the ground, the nations of the world would amass against you, and remember, you've shot your wad.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Bhadhidar because: spelling

1. Show me the studies and I'll believe you. But you are forgetting hypersonic weapons come in different speeds.
2. Wrong. Depending on where your projectile is intercepted the force of the explosion would send the components back to the ground or past my satellite's orbit into outer space.
3. There is a constant re-supply chain obviously.

With this system the job of your regular army is to secure already devastated areas with the worst being minor squirmishes. It would be lightning quick, accurate devastation for anything crossing your path.

Your army would enter capital after capital. Think about it as the modern blitzkrieg only now you have absolute lethality all the while keeping your army intact but also battle ready.

But if you want to fight I'll leave you with this sentence: You better build and deploy your "dump trucks" faster than my system can fire its projectiles.

edit on 15/10/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
"They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."

Somebody said that in a film once. Now if i could only remember which film...

Your point officer?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

and what happens if I jam your satalite signal and hack your network...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Jepic

and what happens if I jam your satalite signal and hack your network...

How will you jam my signal? But if somehow the electronic countermeasures are down. The satellite can discriminate friendly signals from hostile signals. But now that you revealed the source of your signal to my satellite I send over some projectiles.

If you get this system your electronic countermeasures would be so advanced nobody can get past it.

By the way I'm not trying to sell you this system as a long term deterrent (although it would be possible but there would be an arms race where you would have to update the technology to stay ahead).

I'm trying to sell you this system as a succesful preemptive strike weapon against the whole world. There would be no time for your enemies to do anything with their own armies. It would be all over in a matter of minutes. Leaving aside the occasional strike towards fresh out-of-factory hardware (futile attempts by any nation to rearm) until you reach that nation's capital.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Have you been hanging out with George HW, James Baker and the boys down at Carlisle?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

No point. Just a mind full of movie quotes and little to no outlet for them. They spill over here on ATS, and in real life conversations elsewhere. Hence the weird looks I sometimes get. A pop-culture driven mind in overdrive.

top topics

join