It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Paid in Crack Cocaine to Register Voters in Ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The Defiance County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Staton, age 22, of Stratton Ave., Defiance, on a charge of False Registration, in Violation of Section 3599.11 of the Ohio Revised Code, a felony of the fifth degree.

Also, and this part is VERY interesting...

The occupant of the home, Georgianne Pitts, age 41, advised law enforcement, along with Ohio B.C.I.&I., that she had been recruited by Thaddeus J. Jackson, II, of Cleveland, to obtain voter registrations. Pitts admitted to paying Staton crack coc aine for the registrations in lieu of money.

A business card provided by Pitts indicated that Jackson is the Assistant NVF Ohio Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

So, Staton was hired by Pitts, who was hired by someone working with the NAACP Voter Fund? It will be quite interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days.

Source

Edit: insert source

[edit on 10/18/2004 by Trojanex]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This reminds me of wisconsin in 2000, when the Democrats were paying homeless people with smokes to go vote for Gore.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Pretty disgusting. This election is getting more and more despicable by the minute. I'll be glad when it's all over although I know that if Bush wins it will get even more ugly.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hmmmm....... I wonder who is trying to steal this election????

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was listening to 700 wlw, a Cincinnati based radio show, and they were just talking about this. Sounds pretty shady. Al Sharpton has been involved in alot of Cincinnati's politics, so I wonder what his camp will have to say about this.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
This reminds me of wisconsin in 2000, when the Democrats were paying homeless people with smokes to go vote for Gore.

psst...

It's a secret ballot.

You cant be cooerced into making a choice. It's private.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
pssst...if you give homeless people cigarettes, drive them to the registration and tell them to vote for Gore...it ain't no secret.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
the reason why Nerdling want's it to be quiet is because it's the Democrats doing the paying off. You can believe that it would be shouted loud and long if it would have been republicans.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Crack?

No you can't pay me off with cash, but whats that you've got some rocks, well then why didn't you say so.

lol

If this guy would've known whatsup he would've got paid in ICE, crack is so 1985

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Is this the free crack give-away?! Can I register some voters?!

Oohh...sorry - Another joke made at the expense of people who are in need...too bad the joke is on themselves...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Its Tyrone Biggums

But anyway those are some truly low tactics voter fraud paying the guy off with crack. If this was the work of the Rep. we would never here the end of it.

Some Dems. will sink to any level to win this election

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
They would have gotten more of a sign up if they'd offered pot, I bet!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

the reason why Nerdling want's it to be quiet is because it's the Democrats doing the paying off. You can believe that it would be shouted loud and long if it would have been republicans.

Spin spin spin. Not even amusing spin.

The point I was making was that once your in the booth then you can do whatever you want and nobody can influence or change your votes. You may choose whoever you want, nobody is forcing anyone to vote.

Unless your Black and living in Florida I suppose.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Spin spin spin. Not even amusing spin.

The point I was making was that once your in the booth then you can do whatever you want and nobody can influence or change your votes. You may choose whoever you want, nobody is forcing anyone to vote.

Jesus - talk about spin! Democrats are giving people crack to vote for them. Thats how this cookie crumbles!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
And where in the article did it say this was perpetrated by Dems? AND does this report stem from a Rep. controlled source?

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Not more of that "unless you are a black living in florida" crap.

listen nerdling, I live in F;lorida. A number of lawsuits were filed in courts presided over by democrat judges ALLEGING black voter suppression in florida in 2000.

GUESS WHAT? ALL LAWSUITS WERE SPURIOUS AND THROWN OUT.

So quit LYING. Have you no sense of MORALITY?

There WAS NO SUPPRESSION.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Before we all get worked up, do we even know if this is true? Did this actually happen? Let's go from there, this is a Drudge story after all.

EDIT: I live in Florida too, and the election here is a mess, thanks to Jeb, but that's a little off-topic.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by curme]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The guy worked for the NAACP.

you figure it out.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

What does that have to do with anything. African Americans have the same voting privilege that everyone else does. I seriously doubt that there is any evidence outside of the National Enquirer that black people in Florida are suppressed and kept from voting. If you know of any proof I'd like to see it. That would be an interesting story indeed.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
He doesn't have any proof.

Its called the BIG LIE.

They point to lawsuits that they filed.

They never say that the lawsuits had NO MERIT.

The DNC has turned into one big LYING MACHINE.

period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join