It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers being arrested at Acacia Park

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by purplemer

No, they violated a city ordinance and duct taped themselves to a tent post.

I sure hope this looks more comfortable to you...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Just reviewing the videos Kali.

Im making a greatest hits album!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Nobody said that those people didn't have a right to protest, they were arrested for obstructing city property, that would be the sidewalk and then proceeding to duct tape themselves to a tent post.

Im pretty sure if they put that canopy up in the park, nobody would have had much of a problem with it. But even then without a permit they still could have it torn down and have them arrested.

The right to protest, does not equal the right to occupy and live in a piece of public property for any amount of time that you should chose. There are also curfew laws at Acacia park. Along time ago, they had problems with homeless people camping out there, long before the occupy movement.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

Doesnt matter if I believe in it or not, America is a nation of laws.

..upon laws, upon laws, upon laws.

Who knows what all those laws are? Answer: Nobody

Is it possible to have too many laws?

People protested in the late 60's and broke the law to get us out of Indochina. It worked we helped to stop the Vietnam war. Non violent protests is your right. Use it wisely.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Americanist

The right to protest, does not equal the right to occupy and live in a piece of public property for any amount of time that you should chose.

Says who? Non-violent protest is meant to disrupt normal operation. Thats how you get attention to whatever it is you are protesting. Sounds like a good way to protest (non-violently).

There are also curfew laws at Acacia park. Along time ago, they had problems with homeless people camping out there, long before the occupy movement.

Another big issue. So people who are homeless are creating a problem? I think the problem is a society who sees such people as a problem and wants them out of site. Some societies take care of the homeless.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by chadderson

Say what?

How about I come occupy your house then?

However I don't disagree with you
God gave you rights and certain laws to live by.
edit on 15-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Your god has been the cause of more death and destruction than anything else. Not sure how that qualifies him to be lawmaker...?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join