It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers being arrested at Acacia Park

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is too funny. These people think they are doing the world such a favor by sitting on the side of a street with bongo drums erecting canopies and then taping themselves to them.

Acacia Park is a public city park, I believe they had a permit but this is too funny.

Constitutional right, or sheer idiocy? If these people are defending our constitutional rights then we have some serious problems. LOL

Oops, I take that back, they didnt have a permit. LOLZ
edit on 15-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
And this is the future of America.....LOL

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

You are correct you do have some a serious problem Your government is now run by corporate entities and controlled by the banks. Democracy has all but disappeared and civil rights are being eroded continually.

Regardless if you are agree with these protesters or not it is nice to actually see people standing up for what they believe in. When was the last time you had such conviction.

These are acts of civil disobedience a trait that built the USA. It is nice to see that some people have not forgotten their roots and are willing to take the law into their own hands for justice..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

No, they violated a city ordinance and duct taped themselves to a tent post.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

No, they violated a city ordinance and duct taped themselves to a tent post.

Yes I am aware of that. Its very easy to point fingers and laugh. That is what children like to do. Again I will ask have you ever had the conviction to be arrested for something you belief in...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Doesnt matter if I believe in it or not, America is a nation of laws.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Yes I am aware of that. Its very easy to point fingers and laugh. That is what children like to do. Again I will ask have you ever had the conviction to be arrested for something you belief in...

Anyone/everyone can take actions that are against the law. That is their prerogative.

In so doing, they run the personal risk of being arrested, thrown in jail or fined.

These people were very clearly, and politely, told they were fully entitled to assemble and to conduct a peaceful demonstration. They were told where the lines were...and they chose to ignore them.

Being arrested for breaking the law is not heroic - it is just dumb. There are plenty of very legal ways to make your dissatisfaction known, heard and understood.

If they have something to say, they can say it...but they don't have the right to junk up public property, or to "occupy" it, to press their agenda.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Doesnt matter if I believe in it or not, America is a nation of laws.

Yes it does matter. It is only a nation of laws because people choose to believe in them. In times of mass civil disobedience people choose to disobey the laws usually for political motives...

Do you think the USA would exist if people had not chosen to take the law into their own hands. Did you know people in the UK had to break the law in order for women to get the vote.. Activism is an integral part of a healthy democratic system.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Yes, but dont mess with the 360 perimeter, you will get messed up.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Man does not make the law. This is where America turned into a cancer. America is the duality within the duality. Conform to the small fake world and reap the riches that are defined on this planet...

... i would rather conform to the law of one and put my faith in god than to put my faith in green pieces of paper.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Say what?

How about I come occupy your house then?

However I don't disagree with you
God gave you rights and certain laws to live by.
edit on 15-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

These people were very clearly, and politely, told they were fully entitled to assemble and to conduct a peaceful demonstration. They were told where the lines were...and they chose to ignore them. Being arrested for breaking the law is not heroic - it is just dumb. There are plenty of very legal ways to make your dissatisfaction known, heard and understood.

No there are many examples when there has not been a legal avenue to take history speaks for itself and I have quoted two examples on this page,

Being arrested is not heroic nor is it dumb. I have been arrested several times. I have no problem with it. Really if more people stood up for what the belief in we would not be in this # now.

The law is not always right and as I stated earlier. Civil disobedience is an integral part of a democratic system. Look at the suffragette movement in the UK. People had to break the law so that women could get the vote. A lot of people went to prison for what they thought was right.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Hey alright, Acacia Park, in my home town!

Well I always side with the Constitution, but the Constitution does not give anyone the right to do what they want whenever they want... Especially because the Constitution is a really a guideline in which not only people should follow but lawmakers need to follow.

What I am trying to say is that the protestors were not being unlawfully approached and the police were acting within a reason amount of power in what they were doing... The protestors need to fight the law makers more instead of fighting the laws at this point... Until then, unless unreasonably subjected to or unforced by they should abide by civil law.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

So your a constitutional scholar? Or a democratic from the UK?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

So your a constitutional scholar? Or a democratic from the UK?

It matters not whom I am. The information I provide remains the same. Try and stay on topic...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Ok, they broke the law.

Therefor they got arrested. Simple.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Ok, they broke the law.

Therefor they got arrested. Simple.

Yes I understood that from reading the title of your thread. There are almost a million words in the English dictionary. An plethora of words to build a matrix of language and to communicate with. I am sure you can do better than this...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Ok so you agree then.

The US isnt a democracy btw, it's a constitutional republic.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I think I am dealing with a 286 processor here.. I will leave it at that. I do not want to see it overheating due to information overload.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
So you're bringing up a video that was posted almost a year ago because? I'm beginning to think you really miss the 1st incarnation of Occupy simply because you're the type that needs to laugh at what others believe in and how they choose to express their freedom of speech and right to assemble. You clearly don't believe in Liberty judging by the other subject matters you post about. Well sorry, people aren't going to shut up just so that you feel nice, cozy and tucked in your safe little world where things go according to how YOU think they should.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join