It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem with Space Jump!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We are watching the Space Jump live. About 15 minutes ago the pilot said he couldn't feel heat. They cut the live feed and didn't show him for several minutes. But, they just came back and are showing feed. We think it is old footage. Might be interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My son just pointed out that even though they are showing inside pod shots they are not playing his voice anymore.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
we'll know soon enough

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Have noticed they are not showing mission control either.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Everything is A-OK. watch live here

edit on 14-10-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Their life footage is 20 seconds behind, its quite enough time for cencorship.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We are watching live. But before the heater problem they were showing mission control talking to the pilot and playing the voices live. That has all stopped showing mission control and the voices. Just images in the cockpit.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They just said he is having a problem with the face plate heater.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Longshots

Ive noticed the time delay between the DiscoveryTV live feed and the internet www.redbullstratos.com... feed is roughly 45 seconds with discovery ahead.

I also noticed something I thought was interesting...whenever Discovery went to commercial the internet feed also cut away from the live feed to show "earlier footage"....not sure why they would simultaneously cut from the live feed for a "break"...

just found that curious...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just before the current commercial they showed Baumgarder's mother crying, then the dude at control center looking in shock. then they cutaway to commercial. Weird.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What do you expect from a soft drink company?

edit on 14-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Just passed the 102,800 ft mark (old world record)!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
kind of irrelevant but Robert Hagar's mouth and breathing sounds are pretty...awkward...I can pretty much hear his mouth producing saliva...lol...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Almost there, I can't wait, I am so damned excited, I been waiting for this since the day it was cancelled last week.

This is gonna be soooooo intense.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Watch them abort due to the face visor!

Glad I'm not patiently waiting, from the way they're talking!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Crap, I'm missing it.. quick.. whats the link for the best live feed.. the discovery tv link?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have been watching since around 80K feet, I am more excited than my kids, and they are bouncing off the walls.

Just now passinf 120,000 feet any miute now!
edit on 14-10-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There is something I have been curious about lately, regarding this man and this jump. My question is could not virtually any athlete pull this off? I mean I understand there is a bit of training involved, as the person needs to know how to react to various situations, as well as understand the systems of the craft used for ascension. But aside from that, which virtually anyone who was in shape, healthy, and had a good, professional attitude and motivation could learn.

So will this guy be praised for doing something like this? I mean given "hero" statues or something? It seems that much of this should be reserved for those who designed and built all of the equipment used for this feat. I also get that it takes some nerves of steel, as well as guts, but what else is there aside from everything I've listed above?

I mean I will applaud the guy if he doesn't die, because in essence he is coming down one way or another once he jumps. There are only two outcomes...Land safely on the ground, or hit the ground at terminal velocity. I suppose there is a possibility of parachute entanglement or something, which could result in serious injury instead of death, but I count that as a safe landing in this case.

I don't mean to take anything away from the guy, as he is the one that is doing this stunt. All I am wondering I suppose is whether I am correct in assuming it does not take all that much skill or talent to pull off something of this magnitude. I very well could be missing some of the finer aspects of what something like this entails, so please enlighten me if you disagree, and know more than I do regarding the particular subject.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I bet all UFO:aliens brought their popcorn and are taking bets!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Baloon has reached MAX peak 128,100 ft

top topics

<<   2 >>

join