It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and Christian Reconstructionism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
While doing research for a paper, I came across a site concerning Christian Reconstructionism. As I read, I could see parallels between their thinking and what many believe GW Bush is trying to do to America.
religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu...

First, the Reconstructionists find themselves as a part of a greater class of religions, dominionists. The dominionist is fully committed to the manifestation of a society here on earth both defined as and controlled by Christians. The dominionist assumes the responsibility of asserting this society and maintaining it.

The idea of dominion to Reconstructionsts is very comprehensive in scope. It asks the goal of dominion to control all aspects of life from the individual to the state. The manifestation of this order is the fulfillment of God's will.

The controversy surrounding the Christian Reconstructionist movement can be grouped into three main categories. First, the manifest political agendas of the group spark immediate controversy. Ideas of the group such as the dominance of the church in political affairs openly refute the many popular ideas such as political pluralism which states that many governments are good and healthy. Dominionists on the other hand are in favor of a single kingdom, one ruled in the name of Christ by Christian leaders.

The more I read, the more I began to see a possible connection. The thought of living in a theocracy scares me to death. I fear that if Bush is involved with this line of thinking, a second term could possibly allow him to continue with this agenda.

Thoughts?

related links:
www.chalcedon.edu...
www.NatReformAssn.org...

Peace,
BG

[edit on 18-10-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles
The thought of living in a theocracy scares me to death.

Don't sweat it, BG. America is firmly entrenched in a state of plutocracy, and will remain so regardless of what happens Nov. 2.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There have bene various articles about Bush's religious beliefs. Bush apparently thought he "working for a higher power" when he decided to invade Iraq. Bush also called the whole war on terrorism a crusade, a few times, which has insighted anger among muslims, because it brings back memories of the original, bloody, Christian crusades, where the Catholic church wanted to invade the Muslim world.

I think Bush has tried not to be too vocal about his radical religious beliefs, but he seems to be supported by a lot of weird religious groups or cults. It is scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Scary indeed.

Interestingly enough, in reading about the reconstructionist ideals, I found some interesting coincidences.

www.theocracywatch.org...

Core Reconstuctionist Beliefs Influencing The Bush Administration

One core belief of this movement is that the federal government should recede into the background. This should be accomplished through massive tax cuts. Another core belief is that churches will take over the responsibility for welfare and education. Whether or not the President has ever heard of the Christian Reconstruction movement, his tax cuts combined with his Faith Based Initiative and pursuit of school vouchers reflect these core beliefs.

Is it possible that Bush may be a part of this plan? Is he forwarding the agenda of the movement without actually associating himself with them directly?

www.religioustolerance.org...

2001-OCT: "Operation Potomac" launched: On approximately 2001-OCT-12, Jeffrey Ziegler, president of the National Reform Association (NRA) announced formation of a Christian Reconstructionist political action committee and public policy organization. NRA members have met with several House and Senate Republicans over the last 14 months. House Whip Tom DeLay (R-TX) is allegedly helping the NRA to organize a "biblical worldview" conference in Washington DC during 2002. President Bush is allegedly considering J. Robert Brame III, board member of Reconstructionist group American Vision as a member of the National Labor Relations Board.

I don't quite know what to think about that. I trust the source, but have never heard anything about it since.

Peace,
BG

edit for spelling

[edit on 18-10-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
hmmmmm,

I would think that these were the thoughts of Muslim extremests.

top topics

join