It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously? Paramedic Punished For Covering Old Crippled House-Fire Victim With Donated Blanket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Can't imbed the vid but follow the link to view it. It actually happened and is amazing that the Superintendent is standing his ground on the basis that the Paramedic handed out the blanket without permission. A blanket that was donated by the way.

But after it's donated it becomes State property and that's the reason. Some people love their Govt. so much that they will put it ahead of someone in need I guess.

I just can't understand some people and what makes them tick. Wow!

Peace www.activistpost.com...

So when paramedic Jeff Gaglio noticed a shivering, elderly crippled man in nothing but his underwear brought outside during a house fire two weeks ago; he very naturally covered that man in a blanket. And for that, he was punished - but the story gets more ridiculous....

Many outraged commenters (many of them EMS workers) openly shared their repulsion and mentioned that they would willingly pay for, or donate, another blanket - sadly, these blankets were already donated by caring people for just such an occasion! So, were they meant to be hoarded and only used if done through the "proper channels"? Superintendent Jerald James is the one punishing paramedic Jeff Gaglio, citing the joke excuse of handing out "state property" without permission; and yet James is the very same person who has previously complained about budget problems that are leading to what one employee called "a third world nightmare." www.detroitnews.com...

Peace

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You have got to be snippin me! All I can say is thank goodness, this idiot doesn't live in my town! This song comes to mind......................

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Normally I have something to say, in this case all I can do is just shake my head in disbelief.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Bureaucrats- they just keep getting more and more ridiculous, don't they?

I guess the paramedic should have let the old man suffer from exposure and shock until he filled out the correct requisition forms and waited until they cleared through proper channels. How stupid!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For shame.

Hopefully this awful man gets the book thrown at him. Covering a shivering man with a blanket? He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I sincerely hope that this gets thrown out of court..

In the mean time, be careful with charitable and kind acts, you wouldn't want to get yourself in trouble.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm just impressed to hear that Detroit still has a fire department. I thought they abandoned that city.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
More power to the ambo (I'm an Aussie) and I hope he continues to help people. I hope this story becomes viral because even the most deeply comatose human being could see the insanity of this article.

More power to the people who donate. As soon as I saw the story I hoped that 100's of people would donate a single blanket or similar. The government has trained all its 'leaders' at every level to be good little obedient slaves. Thank God, thank the Universe, thank the parents of the ambo for bringing him into this world ...thank goodness there are people who can still do good in spite of all the evil that attempts to destroy it.

More power to all the good hearted people - professional and otherwise - who continue to do what is right and what matters. Stand up to the insane who are running this planet - they cannot stop kindness.

Did I mention - more power to the ambo in this story!!! He is a hero - this story needs to be front and centre!!!!

Much Peace...to all the cold shivering, crippled people who have their belongings burnt and have nothing....
edit on 13-10-2012 by Amanda5 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's the seed of progressive thought that has bloomed here.
The good of the established order supersedes the good of the citizen.
Rules trump reality.
Sad days.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow is all I can come up with for a reply at this second, now I re-read the link provided and I still am saying Wow!

What goes around comes around eventually that EMS boss man is going to be old and cold too.
Be it in an old age home or out on the street he will need his blanket just like Linus from Peanuts, but this will not be a funny cartoon for him.

I don't know why I read these threads because they always piss me off so much and I wonder where are the good guys anymore and then I see they get punished or demoted or whatever you want to call it....

S&F for bringing this to the table
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Wow is all I can come up with for a reply at this second, now I re-read the link provided and I still am saying Wow!

What goes around comes around eventually that EMS boss man is going to be old and cold too.
Be it in an old age home or out on the street he will need his blanket just like Linus from Peanuts, but this will not be a funny cartoon for him.

I don't know why I read these threads because they always piss me off so much and I wonder where are the good guys anymore and then I see they get punished or demoted or whatever you want to call it....

S&F for bringing this to the table
Regards, Iwinder

And I don't know why I keep posting these threads. Well yes I do actually.

I get angry when I see these things and when I try to tell other people they shrug it off as not important or something that didn't actually happen.

I post here because there are like-minded people who see what's happening around us and sometimes a person within the target community will write or phone the higher ups to raise their voices.

Every little bit helps.

Peace

top topics

join