It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did they lie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

This is truly amazing to me.

So why did they lie?

My current theory is that Obama and crew had concerns about how the economy would weaken his position during the re-election campaign, so they needed his record on terrorism to mitigate that for him.

When the attack came on 911/2012, I think they panicked.

Anyone have something different?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I totally agree with you Loam. I think the administration thought this would flatten out under the rug, and go away. They lied because they think we are dumber than dirt, and don't have 2 brain cells to rub together, and would just accept what was placed in front of us. Like an obedient dog.

If not for diligence by some patriotic people, that may have happened. Biden didn't help matters with his insistence last night, that the White House was basically clueless for 2 weeks, that it was in fact a terrorist attack on our Libyan Embassy. I see the Capital Hill Investigative Committee digging in with tenacity even more so now. Plus, Intelligence Agencies have been hung out to dry with Biden's assertions. If we thought there was a rift between the State Dept and WH already...the game is about to split wide open. Obama has a lot to answer for. Letting Biden stick him under the glare of a neutron microscope, leaves him no wiggle room. Hillary has done a radical move in distancing herself and the State Dept from the lie. Now it's Obama's turn to fess up.

Someone needs to be held accountable for the deaths of 4 Americans, that should have never happened in the first place.

Des

edit on 12-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

If true, I can't understand how any honest person could still vote for Obama's re-election.

I'm stunned by what this really means....and for some odd reason even the right wing media doesn't seem to have fully caught up yet.

That's very strange.

edit on 12-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Those are very good questions. Why is this in Skunk Works?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

they lie
because they always lie.
why would anyone expect the truth anymore

I don't

Mr. Gowdy
is pumped up on
Mountain Dew

If true, I can't understand how any honest person could still vote for Obama's re-election.
people still HOPE for CHANGEand they want to move Forward

edit on 10/12/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

You pegged it Loam. I don't think any really *honest* person will vote for him. I personally know about 30 people who voted for him last time, but won't this time, due to his performance, or lack of it.

As far as the Libyan debacle. FOX is giving vast amounts of air time to the story. They have active people digging into the story with their insider sources. They've had the Mother of one of the murdered Marines, on several times for long interviews, and will have her on again tomorrow night for another. Her name is Pat Smith. She said Obama has done nothing but lied to her face, and won't give her any answers. She also said the State Dept. refused to let her see her son's body when he was returned. He was buried without her being able to see him for a final time,l against her wishes.

It will all come out. I just hope it happens in the next 3 weeks.

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

I figured since the thrust of the thread seeks speculation, this was the right place.

I'll even go further.

Maybe Obama's debate performance was impacted by a realization that the lie would be exposed...ergo he appeared to give up, because he *was* giving up.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Same.

My wife is VERY left-wing and will not be voting for him.

In terms of FOX and the right wing, what I haven't seen is much discussion on the question on WHY they would do this.

I suppose at one level I understand their reticence to speculate at this early stage. But they know Obama and his administration lied about this at this point.

Maybe they are parsing this out to maximize the damage it should do to him?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

You're right.

I apparently can't handle the truth.

Because for some odd reason I keep hoping that the country I live in and all of the things it's supposed to stand for are still true...or at least possible...desired....expected...demanded by her people.

I'm still coming to terms with my naivete.

Sue me.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

FOX has had multiple high profile talking heads point black say, they lied because of the election. That, as you stated, Obama didn't have a record to run on, the only thing he had strong numbers in, was his foreign policy. If the truth that the Embassy attack was in any way seen as the administration being behind the curve with a terrorist attack, it would hurt him in the voting booth. I think it still will.

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
...it would hurt him in the voting booth. I think it still will.

That remains to be seen.

I'd like to think it would....but recall Bush's lies didn't prevent his re-election.

I'm losing faith in the American public... Hell, just read the posts on these boards by some members who should have better sense.

The world is becoming a VERY, VERY scary place.

It's all so frightening.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Why do they lie?

Why does Obama lie about his religion?

Look, I have been saying this since 2004 -- Obama is a Muslim. Ok, fine. He is a Muslim. Big deal, right?

Except, he is fundamentally helping the Muslim Brotherhood take control of the middle east.

Obama is the man behind the curtain. Er, well, not him personally, but his handlers are.

Did anyone ever really think that the Muslim Brotherhood was "our friend" in the region? That they were "Peaceful?"

Now we have Hosni Mubarak -- Gone.

Kadafi -- Gone.

And now, Syria?

Assad is not committing the atrocities -- the uprising is. Assad is defending himself.

I have no problem with peaceful muslims. I have a problem with radical muslims who want to see me dead.

If you can't see that Obama is enabling the Muslim Brotherhood behind the curtains, you are blind.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Destinyone
...it would hurt him in the voting booth. I think it still will.

That remains to be seen.

I'd like to think it would....but recall Bush's lies didn't prevent his re-election.

I'm losing faith in the American public... Hell, just read the posts on these boards by some members who should have better sense.

The world is becoming a VERY, VERY scary place.

It's all so frightening.

Here we go again. WMD were found in Iraq. Bush didn't lie.

Google it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

How about I meet you half way and just quote the man himself.

Iraq war my biggest regret, Bush admits

George Bush, in a moment of reflection ahead of his departure from the White House, last night admitted that the decision to go to war against Saddam Hussein on the basis of flawed intelligence was the biggest regret of his presidency. The acknowledgment marks the first time that Bush has publicly expressed doubts about his rationale for going to war on Iraq.

Then, there is also this:

Defector admits to WMD lies that triggered Iraq war

The defector who convinced the White House that Iraq had a secret biological weapons programme has admitted for the first time that he lied about his story, then watched in shock as it was used to justify the war.

Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, codenamed Curveball by German and American intelligence officials who dealt with his claims, has told the Guardian that he fabricated tales of mobile bioweapons trucks and clandestine factories in an attempt to bring down the Saddam Hussein regime, from which he had fled in 1995.

"Maybe I was right, maybe I was not right," he said. "They gave me this chance. I had the chance to fabricate something to topple the regime. I and my sons are proud of that and we are proud that we were the reason to give Iraq the margin of democracy."

The admission comes just after the eighth anniversary of Colin Powell's speech to the United Nations in which the then-US secretary of state relied heavily on lies that Janabi had told the German secret service, the BND. It also follows the release of former defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld's memoirs, in which he admitted Iraq had no weapons of mass destruction programme.

Did you catch the Rumsfeld part?

Only, I could spend half a day pulling other sources that indicated they KNEW this intelligence wasn't reliable.

They went with it anyway.

In any event, this thread is not about Iraq or whether there were WMDs there on the scale that represented a threat to the world and justified the war.

This thread is about the current bozo-in-chief and HIS lies.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Mother of Slain State Dept. Official Tired of Being Lied To and Stonewalled by Obama Administration

Disgraceful that one month later she doesn't even know the basics.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why wouldn't they lie to us?
They believe we are too stupid to understand the truth so why would they feel we need to know the truth?

Self serving arrogance.
Nothing more.
edit on 12-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Unfortunately I have many people around me who still swear that we will be better off with Obama for a 2nd term. I cannot understand this either. Most of these folks have not watched the debates, but I believe they lean to "sound bites" from TV ads.

They are buying, "Obama did the best he could with the mess Bush left him." Obama is a great man and president". Obama is for the middle class, Romney is out to get rid of the middle class". "Romney is rich and cannot understand how regular folks are suffering."

As an example...I had this conversation with a supposedly intelligent man. me, "Tell me, what is good about Obama Care?" man, "my unemployed son can be covered under my insurance until he is 26 years old. He can't find a job." me, "Wouldn't you rather that your son had a job and could buy his own insurance?" man, "The Republicans won't pass any of Obama's job efforts." And then..."Democrats are for the working man, Republicans are for the rich."

The problem, as I see it in my own little mind, is, the difference in ideologies. (1) the government takes care of everything. Creates jobs by stimulus payments, takes over private enterprise with "to big to fail" payments and makes new laws that limit private sector growth. Like Obamacare. This is the magic of taxing all the rich to throw in their money and spread it to the poor. everyone will be covered with insurance and we will live happily ever after. (2) Let small businesses continue the jobs they do best...creating new energy, jobs, etc. and when a company looks like failing it just might be because they are trying to sell something the public does not want or they have priced themselves out of the market.

Mahree

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by spoonbender

You're right.

I apparently can't handle the truth.

Because for some odd reason I keep hoping that the country I live in and all of the things it's supposed to stand for are still true...or at least possible...desired....expected...demanded by her people.

I'm still coming to terms with my naivete.

Sue me.

You dropped the ball with going along with not finding the truth about JFK's assassination. Dropped the ball with MLK, RFK, Malcolm X. Dropped the ball with Vietnam, the air trafficker's strike that Reagan crushed, Iran-Contra. Dropped the ball with the 92 election-picking that drug runner and murderer Bill Clinton because he was charming… like a pimp. And boy did he pimp you out at the expense of Randy Weaver and his family, the 81 casualties at Waco, the peoples of the former Yugoslavia. You were too busy following Micheal Jordan and watching Friends.
Then you really dropped it when George W. Bush STOLE the Presidency, with the media not even allowing a Ross Perot to run. If you would've elected him in 1992 in fact America could've been saved. BUT, you'd rather take government careerists at their word and plan your next outing to the mall than save your nation.
Save your jobs, your freedoms, OUR government.

Now it's gone. The criminals that've systematically taken over YOUR government they've removed the last vestiges of Constitutional law.
Now it's law by the barrels of their assault rifles in your face-do ANYTHING other than obey in utter fear and you're dead. Or worse. You listened to their lies for over a century, you and your ancestors-where has it gotten you? Don't take their word on any "news" they have. Nor take their advice, their "assistance" their laws at face value because they manipulate everything they do to screw you.
We are all Guilty
They are talking about The Web its our Free Media of information.
The Web back fired in there Face its hard to cover there tracks with the hole world talking.. Damn the web

What you can take their word on is, if you DON'T go along with them screwing you, they'll kill you for it.

top topics

join