It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happend in my small town in New Brunswick Canada??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I will tell you the facts, I am looking for a viable answer.

Last night at 1:15am Atlantic time, in my small village of Minto, New Brunswick, Canada, there was a bright flash and then an extremely loud boom. In all my years, I can safely say that it was not any kind of thunder I have ever heard, more like a sound barrier boom, closely followed by another one.

These were so bad that they literally shook the house like a small earthquake. When I got up this morning, it was all over facebook, people talking about how it was a complete WTF moment...

One guy quoted:

not when your car almost got blown up on mainstreet spars hit my car and it shut off and wouldent start for a min, and my windshlid wipers dont work

Now that was concerning to me.....what would cause such a thing?

There is no media coverage on the event, and no tremors showed up on the EQ map.

I would like your thoughts on this, trollers don't bother as I am seriously looking for scientific answers.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Verry interesting. Keep us posted...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Very intersting indeed. I'm thinking of the 1908 Tunguska event in Siberia, based on your description. Other than the Facebook quote you posted, do you know of any damage that was caused by this?
edit on 11-10-2012 by PaTommyJ because: spelling (stoopid fingers!!)

edit on 11-10-2012 by PaTommyJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

what color was the flash?

That will help me a lot.

And please. We need much more info. Anything you have. All of it.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Crazy, I'm in Fredericton, and this is the first I've heard of this. Ignoring the person saying their car got hit by sparks, because that makes no sense.......

New Brunswick houses Base Gagetown, the largest military training ground in North America. They, quite often, practice live fire drills, shelling, etc etc. On a good night, you can hear that for miles and miles, so the booms could be that.

But.... We've been experiencing solar flares to the point that the northern lights were visible for several nights here, even in a bright city like Freddytown.

As well, just the other day, we had some massive power related issues, half of the street lights in town were off, etc etc.

I can remember WAY back to that Ice Storm, watching transformers explode all over the place, creating violent booms and bright blue/green flashes that light up the entire night sky.

I'm interested to find out what this was, Minto isn't that far off, so it could be any number of mundane things.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Meteor? A comet, maybe?
It seems resonable.

Tunguska-event.. No - that would be many steps upward in regards to overall destruction and observable lights.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Now that was concerning to me.....what would cause such a thing?

The only thing that would disable a car like that would be an EMP, electro magnetic pulse. I'm not sure if an exploding transformer could produce one.

I'd like more info from that quote, main street Minto? Where did the sparks come from? Etc Etc.

What I will do is ask my wife, as she works at base gagetown, if they have been doing night exercises. I'm fairly sure you'd hear shelling as far away as Minto.

Also, I just recalled, yesterday around 4:30pm as my coworker and I were leaving work, about 10 minutes outside of downtown fredericton towards Oromocto, we heard two loud and clear booms. They sounded very far away and resembled gun fire. Not sure if that's connected at all.
edit on 11-10-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Most likely someone will say it was a meteor either burning up, exploding above your town. That's what recent similar events in the UK are supposed to have been. Another explanation you'll get is space debris burning up exploding etc. etc.

My belief is somewhat different and some would say completely crazy but what the heck there's enough wacky ideas on here to float a ship. I think that portals are being opened as ET's enter our dimension. I think you'll have a lot of unusual aerial activity, low flying planes, helicopters etc. and maybe even some sightings of unusual cryptids.

In some cases the aerial activity may have started some weeks ago which would suggest that someone knows roughly when these events will occur.

Also could have been a firework.lol

Let me know if I'm right about the incresed aerial activity.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Let me know if I'm right about the incresed aerial activity.

I can't speak for her, but I haven't noticed any extra aerial activity lately, we get the occasional chopper from the base flying maneuvers and such, but as far as Fredericton goes, nothing out of the ordinary other than the northern lights being visible this far south, but that was solar flares.

ETA:

A sonic boom is just that, sonic, it doesn't produce a visual flash to my knowledge, and gagetown rarely has fighters flying around, it's mostly choppers.
edit on 11-10-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PaTommyJ

No damage was reported, the fire trucks went out but there was nothing, no fire, false alarm.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

A liitle skimpy on the info I think that you have gotten the best answers you could hope for with what you have given us. Is there anything rose you can add?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So October is explosion month?

Very weird stuff going on lately.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No increase in aerial. As for the base, they would had to have been setting off a bomb downtown. Remember, this was a mining town, we know explosions

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Could it be that HAARP produces electromagnetic pulses? It is strange that it would have an effect on the electrical system of a vehicle. Looking forward to further information.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

The only thing I can do is quote the facebook quotes that are running rampant...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Yeah, I realize the 1908 event was at least an order of magniyude greater, just looking for similarities, that's all. But thanks for your input regarding meteors- that is exactly what I was implying.

@Jerisa

Thanks for the response. So, what i'm hearing is bright flash of unkown origin, followed by a large boom, apprently similar to a sinic boom, followed by a secondary boom, possibly echo? Does that decribe it fairly accurately?
Can you determine from what direction the sound came from realtive to you? What was the time lapse btween the two sounds?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Something like that happened here a few years back as well.
I messaged you the thread to read about it.

It sucks that ats media section no longer shows my video of the interviews i did though....it sounded ALOT like what you are describing.

Good you got the U2U

edit on 11-10-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Remember, this was a mining town, we know explosions

I wasn't discounting that at all
It's really hard to say without actually hearing it myself. I know in the past, I've heard and felt the shelling from the base all the way to the outskirts of fredericton.

I don't remember the geology around Minto as it's been a while since I've been up there. Could the secondary boom be an echo from surrounding hills?

The flash though, that has me intrigued....

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

Ok so I just heard back from my wife, unless it was "need to know basis" there were no live fire exercises last night.

The mystery deepens....

Anyone have power outages after this?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No, just the guy driving his car as far as being reported...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join