It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal Of London Missile Launchers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
First of all I would like to say that I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum or not - if not could someone please move it to the most appropriate one, thanks.

Before and during the recent London Olympics there was much discussion here on ATS in several of the numerous Olympic threads relating to the deployment of missile launchers on and around private property during the games.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...

I for one could understand the reasoning for the temporary deployment of these missile launchers but could also understand the residents objections - a bit of fence sitting I'm afraid.

Recently I've been trying to find out if these missile launchers have been removed - to no avail.
Internet searches turn up nothing.
I have phoned and text people I know in the London and surrounding areas and no-one seems to be able to give me a definative answer - the best I've received is 'I think so'.
Certainly nothing in any MSM outlets that I can find.

Given the lack of publicity or outrage I think it's reasonable to assume they have been removed - but.....?.....and I hate assuming anything.

So my question is a simple one - does anyone here on ATS know for definate if these weapons systems have been removed or if they are still in place?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Those mobile anti air missile launchers, were just a publicly stunt, to emphasize the level of security presents at the games, as in reality the shooting down anything over london, could and would have a devastating effect, especially as they were mainly located in dense residential areas.

My guess is they were removed when the games ended, as they would have to have these guarded round the clock, and some one with the training to operate a AAML also round the clock, it doesn't make logistical sense to do this especially as they only had wire link fencing surrounding them.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The units deployed would have been either the 16th Regiment Royal Artillery or the 106th (Yeomanry) Regiment Royal Artillery.

The 16th is based in Rutland, near Lincoln. Given the finite amount of launchers (both Starstreak and Rapier) I would be very surprised if they were still deployed in London. As far as I am aware, all have returned to barracks and did so once the Paralympics wound down.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here we go, they removed the missiles before the Paralympics kicked off:

www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Cheers stu, I was almost certain they would have been removed - just couldn't find any confirmation.

Another one in the eye for all those harbingers of doom who stated that the missile launchers were the first step towards martial law / police state etc - we may be in a bit of a mess at the moment but we are still a long way off that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Here we go, they removed the missiles before the Paralympics kicked off:

www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk...

So it's o.k. to protect a bunch of able bodied sporting entertainment performers but it's not o.k. to protect the disabled performers?

They trying to send a message here? If I were on the International Paralympic Committee I'd be super pissed.

" What.. you guys wanna bomb the Olympics? We can't let you do That but just wait till it's over. We'll pull out and you can bomb the crippled people instead"
edit on 11-10-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Err.....I think you might be reading a bit too much in to this.

Being realistic and honest it's fair to say that terrorists viewed the Olympics a far more legitimate target than the Paralympics.
Imagine the universal outrage and condemnation if Al-Qaeda, or whoever, had attacked during a wheelchair race etc - targetting handicapped people would not be a very good PR move and would be very much counter-productive.

Unfortunately there are those who would have delighted in the slaughter and indiscriminate killing of able bodies athlete's and spectators etc - imagine the almost hysterical glee if they had succeeded in killing one or more of the many dignitaries that attended the games.

So to be honest, I don't think it's about giving extra protection to the able bodies games, just a case of being realistic in the assessment of the level of threat posed during the respective games.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I also read a lot on ATS what was and was not going to happen at the games, and made a few reply's when we had all the doomsday dreamers claiming there going to be massive terrorist attacks, or a false flag event and even a alien invasion at the london olympic games, but the best one was englands getting ready to be militarized, that had me in stitches lol

I was saying back then for people not to read to much into these mobile anti air deployments, as nothing more then a publicly stunt aimed at the world media, after the fiasco we had with G4 security problems that was making certain nations edgy about our security commitments.

And as for them being removed before the paralympic's as freeborn stated very clearly and rightly the paralympic's was not even remotely a legitimate target.

Not everything a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Err.....I think you might be reading a bit too much in to this.

Being realistic and honest it's fair to say that terrorists viewed the Olympics a far more legitimate target than the Paralympics.
Imagine the universal outrage and condemnation if Al-Qaeda, or whoever, had attacked during a wheelchair race etc - targetting handicapped people would not be a very good PR move and would be very much counter-productive.

Unfortunately there are those who would have delighted in the slaughter and indiscriminate killing of able bodies athlete's and spectators etc - imagine the almost hysterical glee if they had succeeded in killing one or more of the many dignitaries that attended the games.

So to be honest, I don't think it's about giving extra protection to the able bodies games, just a case of being realistic in the assessment of the level of threat posed during the respective games.

*sigh* The launchers were removed as stated early in your thread multiple times. End of thread. " Move along folks no reason to post here..." - I was trying to kick some conspiracy life back into your thread. I figured, it needed the help. LOL

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I genuinely appreciate your contribution to this thread, but if there's no conspiracy there.....?

Would you prefer I / we imagine a conspiracy out of thin air just to further the life of this thread?

top topics

join