It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This little girl went missing during her walk to school on October 5th. Here is her info and picture.

Jessica Ridgeway
10 years old
4'10" tall
80 lbs
Blue eyes and wears glasses
Blonde hair
Gap in front teeth
Missing in Westminster, CO.

Most recent information: Link

Her father is from Missouri. Police do not believe any family members were involved in her disappearance.

She may have been seen today in Maine by two different people. She was in a light blue station wagon. Police are still trying to verify this last I heard. If you live in Maine, though, you might be on the look-out.

I believe it was yesterday they found her backpack and water bottle 6 miles from her house.

Something about this girl just breaks my heart. I cannot hope enough that they find her.

edit on 10-10-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I saw this story on the news this morning, i hope she is found safe and unharmed.

I do have a comment though. The authroities were not notified right away because her mother apparently missed a call from the school stating she was absent and eventually fell asleep thus creating further delay.

Now, i am sure there could be a reason why these things happened, but seems suspicious to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me. If she expected her daughter got to school alright as she had every other time she wouldn't have been expecting a phone call from the school. Calls are missed all the time. The mother apparently works nights and got home around 7:30 that morning. After she sent her daughter to school, she went to sleep.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Recent poster with multiple photos and info.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The mother works nights and sleeps days. She watched her daughter leave, heading off to school and then went to bed only to wake up a few hours later to a message from the school stating Jessica was absent. There was a custody "issue" hearing in Missouri on the day she disappeared

m.sltrib.com...

m.sltrib.com...’s father and great-grandmother Dana Moss live in Independence, Mo. Jeremiah Bryant attended a child-custody hearing in a Missouri courtroom Friday. Police don’t believe the custody issue is related to her disappearance. No evidence points to any family involvement, Materasso has said. Investigators have not said whether Jessica’s disappearance could be linked to any other suspicious incidents.

I don't know why, but in my opinion, the mom appeared "funny" (in this video sports.yahoo.com...=%252Fvideo%252Fyahoonews video-15749570%252Fjessica-ridgeway-s-parents-plead-for-her-safe-return-30825886.html) when talking to the press. I'm no expert but she just seems "off". Almost fake and trying to cry but couldn't when stating "I want her to walk back through that door" The Father was crying but the mom wasn't.

I know I would be a blubbering fool if something happened to my child.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I saw about the custody thing. There was also this from the great-grandmother.

"The police asked if they could search my house, and I said yes because we'd do anything in the world to get her back," Donna Moss said.

Moss says Jessica's father, Jeremiah Bryant, is devastated and beside himself that his daughter is missing. She says that there is no custody issue between the parents and says they saw Jessica six weeks ago with her mom and maternal grandmother.

So, honestly, I'm not sure what is going on with the custody thing.
I saw on the news yesterday that all family members were fully cooperating with police. Hard to say I guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Need everyone that clicks on this thread to flag it so that it gets to the top of the "top" topics list.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
She melts my heart with her smile and cute little glasses...SO hoping for word and good news!

I read an article and although they are "estranged", they were holding hands and both did look absolutey devestated...in one photo, her Dad was embracing her Mom...both were in tears.

I fear that monsters are real in this instance and hope that she is returned to people who obviously love her.
edit on 10-10-2012 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I feel the same.

I will update whenever I hear anything new. I hope the lead in Maine is real and helps the police find her.

Thank you everyone for flagging. I feel like there is still a really good chance of the family finding their little girl. The more people that see her picture the better!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm reading different reports about the custody "issue". And why would the FBI ask the father if the mother could have had any involvement?

Careful of the site below, it locked my computer up.

denver.cbslocal.com...

“The FBI, they asked me if I thought she did it. I told them there’s no way that I would ever believe that,” Bryant said. “It’s just the same as she would tell them that I wouldn’t do something like that … I don’t see how any parent could do something like that to their child.”

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm reading through different news sources and finding differing views on custody as well. Also an assault charge for the dad.

According to court records, Bryant was ordered to pay Sarah Ridgeway $267 per month in child support in 2005. Moss, a retired nurse, said the families have always been on good terms, and she saw Jessica about once a year.

"There has never been a custody issue with Jessica, and we've had a good ," she said. "Whenever they go on vacation or whenever we can afford to go to Colorado or he can afford to go to Colorado without me, we get together and it's not a hostile environment of any kind. No way, shape or form."

Court records also show Bryant was sentenced this summer to supervised probation in a domestic assault case in Missouri. Information on the alleged victim wasn't immediately available.

[url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57529434-504083/jessica-ridgeway-fbi-searches-colorado-home-of-missing-10-year-old-girl-for-clues/]Link[/u rl]

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I am not a crier and I've been through very tough situations, so I won't judge the mom just because she is not hysterical. My mom is the same way and would tell you, "What's crying going to solve?" She does not mean it in a harsh way and she'd never tell another NOT to cry because she knows people handle things in different ways. She's just practical and knows getting hysterical won't help. That's a women who buried two adult children.

So give the mother here some slack. I'd be more suspicious of crocodile tears.
edit on 10-10-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I used Missouri's Casenet to look at the father's criminal record. Here is what I found.

08/22/12
Charge: Non - Support
2 years probation

07/18/2012
Charge: Domestic Assault 2nd degree
3 years probation

There are multiple other cases for him as well but they will not show what the charges are for. They date August 2005, August 2006, and November 2007. I wonder if any of those were assault? Seems like he is given a lot of probation and not a lot of jail.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

I am not a crier and I've been through very tough situations, so I won't judge the mom just because she is not hysterical. My mom is the same way and would tell you, "What's crying going to solve?" She does not mean it in a harsh way and she'd never tell another NOT to cry because she knows people handle things in different ways. She's just practical and knows getting hysterical won't help. That's a women who buried two adult children.

So give the mother here some slack. I'd be more suspicious of crocodile tears.
edit on 10-10-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

It isn't the fact that she isn't crying, it's the fact that she appears to be TRYING to cry. I've seen other missing children's mothers through the years who haven't cried while talking to the press and I'm aware some people are just less emotional than others.....I get that. IMHO, she appears forced and fake.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Tips have been coming in from some other states. If you live in one of these states you might want to pay a little extra attention.

Maine
Maryland
Nevada
Texas
Wyoming

Also, don't forget she went missing from Colorado and her father lives in Missouri. He lives in Independence, MO which is only a few miles from Kansas.

Huffington Post has a larger video of Jessica than the link in the op. There are many more pictures at that link as well.

I also just read that the tip from Maine was just reported, but the woman who may have seen Jessica actually saw her Sunday and hadn't seen reports of the girl being missing.

Sgt. Alan Grinnell says a woman told police she saw the girl resembling Jessica Ridgeway Sunday afternoon on Spring Street in Dexter. The witness did not report the sighting to police until Tuesday morning because she didn't see the Amber Alert for Jessica on her computer until that morning.

The woman who Grinnell won't identify, described the car the girl was seen in a light blue mid-1990's Buick station wagon with Colorado plates. No license plate number was given.
The car had roof racks and five spoke wheels, Grinnell said.

Source

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The mother is believable to me. Sad story especially at this point in time she is likely deceased or being held captive indefinitely.

Media reported that the only clue police will share is that Jessica's backpack was found six miles away from her home. Meaning that they have more clues that they're not sharing or they want the abductor to believe they do.

The back pack being six miles away when the walk to school was only 1/3 of a mile leads one to believe it was an unplanned stranger abduction. Less than a 10 minute walk. Though Jessica could of covered the six mile distance walking in the window of time, there would of had to be a reason for her to avoid school, which has not been conveyed.

Why would the backpack be found six miles away - would an abductor allow that to happen or was it a purposeful plant? More than likely the discarding of evidence after the crime had run it's course that day. If so, that would mean Jessica was kept somewhere in a radius of six miles prior to the backpack being discarded that day. So, the abductor lives nearby which means he will be on a list that investigators will try to narrow down.

Bottom line it doesn't look good for finding her alive, so the search is really for evidence to solve a crime and perhaps save other children in the future.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The backpack being 6 miles away is a mystery to me. Did she try to skip school and got picked up? Perhaps she was picked up on her way to school and threw her backpack out the window to try and leave a cookie crumb trail. Hopefully they find her and we will have answers to all the questions.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
News is reporting that a body has been found. They are not saying/don't know if it is Jessica.

Source

A body has been discovered on Pattridge Park open space in the city of Arvada. However, Westminster police spokesman Trevor Materasso said "we are unable to make a connection to the disappearance of Jessica Ridgeway."

Flanked by Arvada police spokeswoman Jill McGranahan, Materasso said they would take no questions.

He said investigators would continue to process the scene through the night and another briefing is planned for early Thursday morning.

Police are saying they have been focusing their attention on local sex offenders and have ruled out the parents.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This just came over breaking news feed -

Body discovered in Arvada, Colo.; no confirmation it is Jessica Ridgeway. Police currently processing the crime scene

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
This just came over breaking news feed -

Body discovered in Arvada, Colo.; no confirmation it is Jessica Ridgeway. Police currently processing the crime scene

I hope that this is not the end of her life in this Universe. I can't imagine what it would be like to have your child taken from you. If there is DNA proof or a confession, The hideous creature who harmed her should be beaten with a rubber hose for a few days without food, water or sleep and then skinnned alive. If the subject survives that, then it should be drowned, cremated and then their ashes flushed down the toilet. That would be my humane option. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join