It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sick of all these charities begging for money!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Are you with me people???

Enough, is, enough!!!

Please donate to these starving children, with your help and just a few spare dollars we could feed 3 entire families... Please help find a cure to this world threatening disease before it spreads and wipes out another indigenous village containing one of the few remaining shaman.

There will always be some insignificant issue happening somewhere in the world...

But guess what people...

I live in America and we have real issues here!!! Just like Canada, and most of Europe!!!

FWP is spreading faster than any insignificant plague out there, it's more serious than any famine... But do you hear them talk about FWP on main stream media? Do they collect charity for us???

No, nobody tries to help...

But that's going to end, I'm going to help make others aware!!!

WARNING: This video is not for the faint of heart...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
that video was awesome!!!

i know many people with this ailment
(sad,but true)
but if we work hard,we will find a cure together!
'suck it up!!!!"

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
that video was awesome!!!

i know many people with this ailment
(sad,but true)
but if we work hard,we will find a cure together!
'suck it up!!!!"

Shut the full cup!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Can't watch the video. What is FWP?
edit on 10-10-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Best way to get rich is either start a religion or charity program.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My father in his youth had a fairly high up position in the March of Dimes and he noticed that most of the money they raised was going towards raising more money, and surely some of it was slipping quietly into their pockets. My dad quit when he realized this. March of Dimes continues to be a scam.

If you're going to donate to charity do it at a local church. On average Christian and other religious charities are more reliable and put more cents of every dollar towards actually charitable purposes.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The video was indeed amusing.

The various charities sucking money from the unsuspecting public however, are not amusing. As was stated above, the majority of the money donated to all of these charities goes back into making more money, and paying for "administrative costs".

The money gets siphoned off to make the rich richer. Most charities seem more like money laundering operations run by some of the worlds best grifters.

How soon we have forgotten about the billions the Red Cross sucked up after 911. How soon we forget about the IRS investigations into the "Christian Children's Fund". American's are suckers for charity, and these low-life scum know it.

When I help people, I give the goods, and the money, straight to them. Not through some charity with a benevolent sounding name, run by a bunch of con men/women.

edit on 10/10/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When I was working and able I always donated to charities. Once a woman called asking for money for some thing or another and I told her I was unemployed and my husband disabled. She said, "Well I understand, but some people dig deep into their pockets..." I hung up. If we gave to every organization asking for donations we would be needing donations ourselves.

More and more people are losing jobs or getting their hours cut. Some people are choosing between food and life saving medicines. True, there are many selfish people, but we also have poor and struggling families right here in America.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
When I was working and able I always donated to charities. Once a woman called asking for money for some thing or another and I told her I was unemployed and my husband disabled. She said, "Well I understand, but some people dig deep into their pockets..." I hung up. If we gave to every organization asking for donations we would be needing donations ourselves.

More and more people are losing jobs or getting their hours cut. Some people are choosing between food and life saving medicines. True, there are many selfish people, but we also have poor and struggling families right here in America.

Indeed Night Star. My charitable giving is now limited to those in my own little community in dire need. Donations of baked and cooked goods... they need food more than some charity organization needs funding to only actually give 10% of those donations to the people they represent. I don't have the money to give to those charities anymore.

Charity begins at home, my old Granny always used to say...she was right.

Des

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You are absolutely right.
In my point of view its better to give charity to those organizations whos call is close to your heart than to everyone who is in need of money also being certain the money goes where it should go. I also had a lot of phone calls by several organizations, i decided i give money to two organizations, diabetes research and celiac research. If they improve finding cure, its benefical also to our family, being selfish here... I used to give money to safe the children foundation and when i did i started to receive calls several other foundations who was also saving the kids.

You can´t save the all, save what you can, afford and feel comfortable with.
edit on 10-10-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

YouTube first world problems

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

Stop embarassing me and playing the stereotype of a spoiled, rich American.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
As someone who used to work for a national charity over here in the UK, in a management role I never ever donate to large charities, Its staggering some of the waste and excess, if the general public had any idea how the money they donate is spent they would be mortified, i myself had many European business trips including spending money, all the latest computer technology, Charity has been a massive business for many years.

I am not against charities it would be nice to live a world where the majority of donations actually went to that particular cause that those people who make charitable donations think they are helping.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
For the past several months I have been arguing in political threads and one of the constant topics is social entitlements and social consciousness. Whenever that subject is tabled, my opponents almost always say "That's what charity is for". Which frustrates me deeply because, in reality, there are even political lobbying groups here in the US that legally qualify as "charitable and tax exempt organizations". While there are worthwhile charities ( SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FOOD BANK! ) many are just mega-corporations masquerading as charities.

I find the whole subject eternally frustrating. Watching America and how Americans behave, today, is like watching a room full of three year olds fighting over a toy and screaming "MINE, MINE, MINE" while the older kids quietly sit back, emptying out the majority of what was in the toybox, to begin with, for themselves.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There's a food bank between me and the doctor I see each month. Its parking lot has been empty, and the lights have been off since... well, maybe 4-5 years ago. I am not even sure why it's still there.

I can understand how some problems pale in comparison to others. Yeah, we do have people like those in the video, but we also have 3rd world areas right here in America. You just wouldn't believe it until you've been there. It's not like they advertise to the world, or are proud of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
Are you with me people???

Enough, is, enough!!!

Please donate to these starving children, with your help and just a few spare dollars we could feed 3 entire families... Please help find a cure to this world threatening disease before it spreads and wipes out another indigenous village containing one of the few remaining shaman.

There will always be some insignificant issue happening somewhere in the world...

But guess what people...

I live in America and we have real issues here!!! Just like Canada, and most of Europe!!!

FWP is spreading faster than any insignificant plague out there, it's more serious than any famine... But do you hear them talk about FWP on main stream media? Do they collect charity for us???

No, nobody tries to help...

But that's going to end, I'm going to help make others aware!!!

WARNING: This video is not for the faint of heart...

www.youtube.com...

Yeah, I'm with ya!

That "Feed the Children" TV scam has been going on for at least 45 years that I know of,
And it's usually some religious organization behind it!
You'd think everything would have been fixed by now...

But I figured it out a long time ago..

You feed THOSE children, they grow up and make MORE children that THEY can't feed because the Bible tells them to "Be fruitful and multiply!"

It's a never ending cycle that will never be broken as long as there is money to be made...

Love the video though, I'll "shut the full cup" now.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Shameless plug here.

If you're looking for a charity that has worthwhile goals, consider donorschoose. It's a website that allows public school teachers to request needed supplies for the classroom. Last year, I managed to get a listening library for my students...they love listening to their favorite books during center time. And this year I managed to get an iPad funded, so now my first graders are able to do so much more. Most of my kids don't even have a home computer, so playing with an iPad is way cool.

End shameless plug.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Take a look at Charity Navigator as a source of info about charities, including how much goes to overhead, etc.

We've just had a dust up over a local charity goinf bankrupt. They hauled in $3/4 million to "help" about 5,000 disabled people. Turns out most of the money was going to salaries.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

For the past several months I have been arguing in political threads and one of the constant topics is social entitlements and social consciousness. Whenever that subject is tabled, my opponents almost always say "That's what charity is for". Which frustrates me deeply because, in reality, there are even political lobbying groups here in the US that legally qualify as "charitable and tax exempt organizations". While there are worthwhile charities ( SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FOOD BANK! ) many are just mega-corporations masquerading as charities.

I find the whole subject eternally frustrating. Watching America and how Americans behave, today, is like watching a room full of three year olds fighting over a toy and screaming "MINE, MINE, MINE" while the older kids quietly sit back, emptying out the majority of what was in the toybox, to begin with, for themselves.

~Heff
Heff, that was one hell of an analogy!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

I know sir.

But it's hard to find the ones who really do it. Cures for everything are already here, they are just hardly mentioned by those who found them.

Starvation over the world? Stop the wars. All of them. Then use that money and kill poverty on the spot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join