It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Finally Time For All Rational People To Fear The US Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It takes very little research to find that the US government has a long and sordid history of what can only be described as crimes against humanity, even using their own citizens as test subjects. We have the seemingly impenetrable wall between us, the politicians, and others who actually hold the power over everyone else whereas more and more rights are taken. There are some rights issues I can almost understand the rational for the best interest of all is to limit some things, but the cumulative atrocities are far too many to ignore and it creates in me cause for concern.

With the world at such unrest, a demonstrably dishonest administration in control (subjective term), unlimited governmental powers vs. non-existent civil rights, plus more and more concerns daily, is it actually irresponsible for me NOT to fear for my family’s safety? From my own government? Will I get a knock on the door shortly for having committed such concerns to writing, and this post disappear along with myself or someone I love as leverage? I have never allowed myself to feed into deep conspiracy theories but I have always believed I should have an open mind. Its OK to allow for different viewpoints with respect to conspiracies but not personally being a part of the specific actions in question and without irrefutable proof I cannot subscribe to the paranoia such thinking represents.

However, finding out tonight that the government lied openly about their response and actions/inactions regarding our ambassador in Libya is prying at my eyes saying “wake up”! It is beginning to appear our leaders not only failed to protect an important diplomat in a terribly unstable region, but the blood on their hands may eventually suggest intentional prodding at the open wound that is the Middle East. This certainly may not be the worst of these crimes against the populace, but it just may be the last straw for me. The real question is, what do I do about it? What CAN I do about it? I readily admit I would not be hard to control by virtue of fear for the safety of my children and my wife, so what is left? I also can’t just stand by and let my loved ones be led to slaughter. We need a peaceful, legal, and ethical answer.

Does that exist, because if not they win by default because I can’t be the only one who will back down to protect my loved ones?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

So up to this point, only "irrational" people feared the US government?

This is what it took to wake you up???

You mentioned some of the human testing but what about the government's long history of false flag operations, blatant lies, corruption etc.

In typical government fashion, we dont learn about the truth until decades after the fact. Using just one example, the Gulf of Tonkin lie, the excuse to attack Vietnam. We only learned that this never happened decades after the fact.

But the time to really start fearing the government simple depends on your perspective. Was it when they confiscated our gold? Rounded up the Japanese? Accused critics of being "Communist" spies? How about after Oklahoma City. It was then that they started to clamp down on anti-government groups. Since then things have gone down hill.

Bush with the "Patriot" Act, citizen assassinations, torture, secret renditions, suspension of habeas corpus, indefinite incarceration, warrant-less spying etc.

Obama, not to be out done, signed many of these unthinkable policies into law via the NDAA.

edit on 10-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Or even much longer... look how the alllies covered up the slaughter of 20.000 polish soldiers during the 2nd world war at the hands of the russians, blaming it on the germans because it was more convinient at the time.

You cannot at ANY TIME count on ANYTHING the government tells you, except if you live under a dictatorship

We live our western lives based on the continuing illusion of democracy and the voice of the people, when in fact in the end it matters very little what we think or say. Just look at how many people in reality are in the political races, but when people with money and insane blind belief in religious scriptures control the media, they can narrow the race and the exposure down to the ones they want you to take an interest to.

All winning politicians are bought off liars who serve a purpose, regardless of how benign they may seem. Atleast until a complete rebellion against them has been won by the people.

Just look at what is being covered up by the world in Spain... people unhappy with their so-called elected officials. Officials that refuse to step down even though more than 100.000 people are at their door steps demanding changes, the officials aren't able to give them.
Police turned against the people they are supposed to protect.

This is the reality we live in and will continue to live in until we the people rise up and instigate a new revolution that deals with all the corruptness and injustice in the western world. One last battle against corporatocracy with pitchforks in hand and the will to change.

We cannot endure this pursuit for endless growth, which is impossible in the first place.
edit on 10/10/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
There's some very irrational people who fear the government too.

A rational person doesn't stand a chance with a government that lost it's marbles so long ago. You can't rationalize anything with a system built on psychopathy. It's simply not possible.

When rationality is involved I'm always taken back to a point made about cameras being vandalised. Their solution was to build cameras that would watch the other cameras. LOL. Rationality.... Died a long time ago mate.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

The U.S. Government is the most dangerous because instead of simply mistreating there citizens, they instead lull them into performing there entire lives as slaves without them even knowing it. This tactic is most effective.

In other countries, political torture, pre mature executions and brutal dictatorships steal the show, prompting most to say, "boy, I'm sure glad I don't live there!" All the while never noticing they have been sold into slavery and will be a mule from birth till death under what has been disguised as freedom and democracy.

We are all free to try and obtain the American dream and we are all invited on a mandatory basis to attend the American nightmare that is soon coming. Much like Sci-Fi movies we have watched as kids have shown us that our actions can bore an evil that we had not expected we will realize that our indifference and lack of caring because we have been force fed every other stimuli than that which actually matters comes to a head and by the time most of us wake up to that fact, the boot will be upon your head.

Resist even in the least, you will be subdued, cuffed, dogs will be called, helicopters scrambled, multiple felony charges filed and some corrupt arm of the state, I think they call them "judges" these days will find the AG is correct and you will be punished. If you are unable to pay then you will be sold into slave labor which is what our prisons have become...... At least those that are not owned by the bankers who are taking government checks for every prisoner.

This is the "new" America. Not to be confused with the one our forefathers died for. That confusion is how we got to be in this mess in the first place.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

So up to this point, only "irrational" people feared the US government?

This is what it took to wake you up???

I don't think they are suggesting that only irrational people fear the government.

But you have to look at it from both sides. There are plenty of people on ATS who think that there is some ancient NWO, or even Alien beings, controlling government. I fully accept that anything is possible, but these beliefs are not based in any evidence!

If we were to use actual evidence, the words and deeds of a government, then it is MORE LIKELY that there is a group of military and corporate elites controlling government. This is not an ancient NWO, there were no industrialists who gave a rats ass about their great great grand kids controlling anything. They did the same then as they are doing now, being corrupt and making money.

When I see people on here posting YouTube videos of someone else's opinions and stating that it's fact, that to me is being irrational. Reading into a pattern on a currency and extrapolating that it's evidence of a global elite, without any actual evidence, that is irrational.

It's great having a site like ATS where conspiracy is discussed and explored, but to believe that something is real you have to have some kind of evidence for it, and for many theories espoused here there just isn't the evidence.

Having people agree with you and making videos to rant about it is not proof of anything, and far too many ATS members think that it is.

I believe that it is time to fear our governments, because their actions and words seem to suggest that they are being controlled by a military and corporate elite, and that they don't care about the public at all. You just need to look at one single fact to know that this is true - the poor are becoming poorer, and even in the biggest economic collapse of all time, the rich are STILL making billions in profit. That should not be physically or economically possible, and it is all the evidence we need that governments around the world are corrupt to the core.

Until the global elites are losing money like the rest of the population, the wealth is still flowing upward, and this is only possible through the collusion of governments. They are continuing to facilitate an extraction of wealth from the people to their masters (and themselves). This is a fact, no YouTube videos needed.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So in youjr rational ( much like the jews of WWII) it is better to risk your family every day, in fear one of them might say the wrong thing, and be wisked away to a deep dark hole for their crimes of voicing their displeasure, or allow the continued trampling of their God given rights, or chemical experimentation, or propoganda brain washing against their own parents, than it is to stand and fight to ensure their future?

If many more share your irrational view, the fight is already over, just bow down right now, and thank them for allowing your family the scraps they a lot to you, no don't thank them, worship them, as you would a diety for their bonevolent guidance, realizing that that the only way forward is for them, through their divivne widom and forsight, for using your unworthy family in their experimentations, and forced labor camps, to make a better humanity for themselves.

I for one will fight, I would rather watch all of my children die as free thinking, untamable Americans, in the old fashion, where freedom is worth more than a long life of slavery.

If you feel compelled to think your inaction will somehow stave off the atrocities, remember, they thought that in nazi germany also, look what it got them. Appeasement, only encourages more overstepping, more attrocities, more ruthless brutality.

In the end, it will still cost you your family, and your soul will be stained with the unwashable blood of countless innocents, for your action may have turned the tide, your inaction may have cemented their victory.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It has always been time to fear government, regardless of the form or nationality. Those at the top will almost always abuse their powers, proven time and again by history. What then should we do?

If our governments commit acts of evil, do acts of kindness. Be the opposite and show the world the difference between them. People respond well to acts of generosity and caring and in doing so we may yet inspire others to do the same.

No man can fight a government, it's almost to the point where no group of men could possibly overthrow it. Our only choice then is to subvert it, one person at a time with random acts of kindness.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Everyone should be scared since Obama signed the NDAA. But no, liberals act like torturing an Al Qaeda suspect for info is a greater threat to humanity than our own government detaining you indefinitely with no trial and/or assassinating you. The world is upside down.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Anyone who isnt woefully average should fear government.

It's bad enough we have felons and drop outs working in food service.

Think about the folks in government. So much more power and just as stupid.

If you've been cursed with an IQ above 80 government should frighten you.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Is it time? It's been time for a long time. We have had plenty of reasons before but, like the frog in the slowly heating pan of water, we have just sat here...quietly accepting the disappearing rights because someone said it was necessary to be secure (see my signature).

The Patriot Act
HR347
NDAA

The establishment is now poised to remove anyone that they choose, at anytime, for any reason. The board is set, the pieces are in play and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it at this point.

Pray for cataclysm...perhaps a total collapse to the stone age and a complete reboot is the only way to save our species and this world from the poisoning and pilfering of the power mad elite.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Who was it Jefferson that said:
"When the people fear the government, there's tyranny..."
"...When the government fears the people, there is Liberty."

That statement never rang so true in this day and age.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

A rational person doesn't stand a chance with a government that lost it's marbles so long ago. You can't rationalize anything with a system built on psychopathy. It's simply not possible.

Yes, long ago when the government was tying the laces on its comfortable walking shoes.

The late convention, in the majesty of its assumed omnipotence, have not even condescended to submit the plan of the new government to the confederation of the people, the true source of authority; but have called upon them by their several constitutions, to 'assent to and ratify' in toto, what they have been pleased to decree; just as the grand monarch of France requires the parliament of Paris to register his edicts without revision or alteration, which is necessary previous to their execution. . . .

If you are in doubt about the nature and principles of the proposed government, view the conduct of its authors and patrons: that affords the best explanation, the most striking comment.

The evil genius of darkness presided at its birth, it came forth under the veil of mystery, its true features being carefully concealed, and every deceptive art has been and is practicing to have this spurious brat received as the genuine offspring of heaven-born liberty. So fearful are its patrons that you should discern the imposition, that they have hurried on its adoption, with the greatest precipitation. . .

After so recent a triumph over British despots, after such torrents of blood and treasure have been spent, after involving ourselves in the distresses of an arduous war, and incurring such a debt for the express purpose of asserting the rights of humanity; it is truly astonishing that a set of men among ourselves should have the effrontery to attempt the destruction of our liberties. But in this enlightened age to hope to dupe the people by the arts they are practicing is still more extraordinary. . .
Patrick Henry www.wepin.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I cannot believe that the incident in Libya was not planned and orchestrated for a reason. The level of amateur hour execution on the US part for that to happen is staggering to consider. And I cannot believe that it happened without it being allowed to happen.

This is my first comment on this matter on the internet. Not often I think long and hard about something. But that is what I have come up with thus far.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

is it actually irresponsible for me NOT to fear for my family’s safety? From my own government?

No, it's insane and foolish. Your family is much more at risk of being accidentally killed by a gun, or being bankrupted by capitalists than being abducted by non-existent secret police or Nato troops (that aren't here but crazy people believe they are).

top topics

join