It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moms and their importance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Why your MoM is so Important

I never had a relationship with my mom until recently. Im 26 and for most of my life my mom and i had a rift between us.
I've found that in the last few years my mom has been there for me for EVERYTHING through my addiction to meth, my insanity and deepest depression....no one there...except at the other end of the phone was my mom. I've put her through hell a couple times over.
So really i just wanted to say that if you have a mom love her. let her know you love her. be there for her
. If ya'll got bad blood let it go a mothers love is something that never goes away and never fades.
Thats all
Thank you mom I love you .
-Nate

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
That is so sweet and so true. My Mom is 89 and I treasure whatever time we have left together. I lost my Dad 5 years ago and always let him know how much he was loved and appreciated. Same with my Mom. I do all that I can to help her and she always knows how much she is loved and appreciated. Some people take their parents for granted or let something foolish stand in the way of a good relationship. When the parent then passes away, they are left with regrets and what ifs. Treasure whatever time you have.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomPlague

Awesome to see your love for your Mom... even if it is new found.

I, too, had a very rocky relationship with my mom growing up. Partially because I had a hand in raising my younger brothers and sister, I harbored angst and resentment for quite some time.

But there come a day when blows came to blows and I needed someone, who was there? My mom. No matter what I did, said or tried, she was there, defending me with everything she had. While our relationship is very different from most (We are much more like Sisters), she will always be Mom.

You are so right. Cherish your time, relationship and confidant you can have in your Mom.

new topics

join