It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban shoot female rights activist teenager

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

"The Pakistani Taliban shot a teenage children's rights activist in the head on her school bus to avenge her campaigns for the right to an education in the militants' former stronghold of Swat."

LINK

Remember the fire bombing of Tokyo? A heinous act, even by current military maven assessments. In Taliban regions however, such tactics might not be viewed so sternly, methinks...

'Religion: The cancer of the uneducated mind'

edit on 10/10/2012 by dbates because: Changed "kill" to "shoot" in title.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

An unfortunate story of brutality once again coming out of this particular country

However, "Taliban kill female rights activist teenager", is not correct - she is not dead - she is in critical condition...........

From your link:

A team of senior doctors have completed her medical examination in a combined military hospital and described her condition as critical. "We have thoroughly examined her, she is in critical condition. The bullet travelled from her head and then lodged in the back shoulder, near the neck," a doctor said, requesting anonymity as he was not authorised to talk to the media. "She is in the intensive care unit and semi-conscious, although not on the ventilator," he said, adding that the next three to four days would be crucial.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family at this time, as well as the other two that were also injured in this cowardly attack.
edit on 9-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Well said.

I also feel so sorry for her and those who she represented.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is, of course, horrible to my way of being.....

If it is to the people of Pakistan, they way they want to live, then so be it....

I hope this isn't another way to raise the hackles of the people of western countries, to whip them up in a frenzy of war.....

The people of Pakistan must decide if this is okay with them and are they willing to live with such things.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What a horrible story. She works hard for what she thinks is right....they don't like it...so stroll right onto her school bus and shoot her in the head.

God help us if people here ever realize that the only thing stopping such casual brutality from happening in our society is the mutual unwritten agreements that specific lines not be crossed. Such as...shooting kids with reckless abandon right out for God and everyone to watch happen.

If that basic respect and sense of Taboo ever seriously fades or altogether vanishes...I fear Americans are capable of far worse than these other nations experience. I'll sincerely hope Katrina and occasional urban rioting is as close as we ever come to seeing what American versions of this story may look like. I hope, anyway.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
The people of Pakistan must decide if this is okay with them and are they willing to live with such things.

I believe Pakistani authorities condemned the act ... but I can only say this based off radio reporting on my way to work.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke

I believe Pakistani authorities condemned the act ... but I can only say this based off radio reporting on my way to work.

The people have to rise up. The women have to make their voice and actions heard. They have to fight this battle from within.

Civil Wars are the worst.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Pinke

The people have to rise up. The women have to make their voice and actions heard. They have to fight this battle from within.

Civil Wars are the worst.

While I believe there is already a thread on this subject, I'm not so sure this is the solution. Islam needs to progress into the 21st century. Radicalism exists as a certain malignancy within this religion (as it does in many, but more so in violent forms within Islam today). We see outrageous acts of injustice committed by extremists every day. A revolt within Pakistan will change nothing. Islam needs to modernize itself, and return to certain principles it once held in which scientific achievements in multiple fields were valued and philosophical differences were at least entertained (and not met with acts of murder). The west could offer a helping hand by stepping out of middle eastern issues to an extent.

Nothing will change in this regard until Muslims decide to bring themselves and their religion into the 21st century. They risk it all if they do not, by starting a terrible war (which their radical imam's look forward to) that could potentially reduce not only their own people and religion, but the entire world to a memory.

It has to start with what is in their hearts (and by extension what they teach their children).
edit on 9-10-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Nothing will change in this regard until Muslims decide to bring themselves and their religion into the 21st century. They risk it all if they do not, by starting a terrible war (which their radical imam's look forward to) that could potentially reduce not only their own people and religion, but the entire world to a memory.

It has to start with what is in their hearts (and by extension what they teach their children).

Well yeah - - I can't argue that.

Culture is the hardest thing in the world to change.

We still have women in America suppressed by religion.

Its sad that Freedom is built on the backs of the young.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
"Taliban kill female rights activist teenager", is not correct - she is not dead - she is in critical condition...........

Yes. I realise this now. It's too late to edit the thread title, however.

Let's hope the rubric remains incorrect...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Nothing will change in this regard until Muslims decide to bring themselves and their religion into the 21st century.

They will not and it cannot.

The very intractable premise of Islam is its strength; in that it does not allow for the dilution of its strident dogma. Its intransigents to change is why it has survived so long in such an archaic and barbaric state. For, as we all know, religion preys on the uneducated mind; pandering to insular viewpoints, fear and hatred. If Islam were to 'modernise', it would cease to function as the phallocentric, misogynistic system of control it is and has always been, as this cannot reconcile with free-thinking, modern day society. It would crumble from the inside out. It's barely clinging on to religious legitimacy as it is...

Never forget, the term "moderate Muslim" is a Western coined appellation used to dub those who make concession in their Islamic adherence in order to function in the non Islamic societies they exist. As such, due to their compromise, they, too, will end up as the "disbelievers" will--in the "Fire":

"Those who deny Allah and His apostles, and [those who] wish to separate Allah from His apostles, saying: "We believe in some but reject others":

And [those who] wish to take a course midway, They are in truth [equally] unbelievers

; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.
"
(Sûrah 4:150-151)

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
God help us [...]

"He's" the very problem.

I wager I do not speak only for myself only when I say: we've had all the "help" we need from this non-interventionist figment of the deluded, fretful imagination.... thanks.

edit on 9-10-2012 by Sablicious because: moar

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

So many in the West forget how hard-won our own education systems have been. Quite literally, people have died to give us access to education.

In Pakistan, education is religiously-based and generally ends at 8 for boys and 6 for girls. Now try and imagine how much you knew about anything at that age? Now remember what you learned from then until leaving school and imagine never having learned it?

That young girl isn't just brave for standing up for female rights to an education. She's brave for standing against the culture of an entire country, her community, the Taliban and the male-dominated society. Her intelligence and commitment to bettering the lives of her peers shines a bright light at what the rest of her country are not doing.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Eventually...people grow up. It takes a lot of time. It takes Social Change...a Good example is the country of IRAN.
Now from what most people hear on TV and read or see in the Media...they see an Islam Republic in total control of their people and a REGIME that is willing to KILL STUDENTS...THEIR OWN KIDS...just to prevent any thought that the current Governmental System is the only and best system.

The realities are that the current Iranian Regime is very close to removal. Since over 70% of the total Iranian Population is under 30 years old...as well as being computer and smart phone savvy...they are capable of piercing Iranian Governmental Internet Filters and have used Social Websites to communicate to the MILLIONS of Iranian Americans in the U.S. to find out what REALLY is going on in the World. Iran has attempted but failed to suppress any ARAB SPRING Democratic overthrows of former Islamic States.

The Middle East will soon become an area of the World that is Democratic. It will happen FASTER than people think. This is because it has been determined that the IRANIAN REGIME will not be allowed to continue. It is just a matter of time. The Iranian Pro-Democracy Party only needs support of Iran's Military and Iranian Military Leaders are VERY PISSED OFF at the OLD RELIGIOUS GUARD. They see themselves as the SACRIFICIAL LAMB and when the Old Guard see's any attempt at a Takeover of their Power...they will order the Iranian Navy to CLOSE THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ. The IRANIAN MILITARY WILL STAND DOWN as it is having secret DIRECT MILITARY TO MILITARY TALKS with the U.S. Military.

The Iranian Navy KNOWS that if it were to attempt a closure of the Strait....the U.S. Navy would OBLITERATE the Iranian Navy. It also knows that an incident at sea would allow the Old Guard to make up any story they like such as saying Israeli Ships helped the U.S. Destroy the Iranian Navy...in an attempt for the Old Guard to gather backing of the population...but the Iranian Military and ESPECIALLY THE IRANIAN NAVY have no intention of becoming BODIES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA...they know what GAME the Old Guard is attempting and wil stand down.

This will give Iranian Pro-Democracy Forces and Leadership Military Backing which will be THE END OF THE OLD RELIGIOUS GUARD. U.S. Special Forces and Rangers will seize all Iranian Nuclear Sites. The Iranian Air Force and Army will also stand down except one DIVISION LOYAL TO THE OLD GUARD. This Division is very much like the IRAQI REPUBLICAN GUARD DIVISION LOYAL TO SADDAM which was TARGETED AS AN EXAMPLE by a WING OF B-52H's....the B-52H's struck at night and used New Smart Carpet Bombing Munitions. All 100,000 Men in that Division DIED! The next morning all Iraqi Army Divisions surrendered as some Soldiers told stories of being HUNDREDS of MILES AWAY and HEARING AND SEEING THE B-52H STRIKE. They stripped off their uniforms and walked home. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
How brave of the Taliban to make an attempt on this young girls life! Praise Allah! NOT!
She will "apparently" be flown to Dubai today for what has been termed "life saving surgery"! I pray that she survives and becomes a symbol of all that the Taliban is not!
Cowards is what they are and cowards is what they will stay!
edit on 10/10/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

In Pakistan, education is religiously-based . . .

Ever read a McGuffey Reader? America's early schoolbooks were religious based.

McGuffey is remembered as a conservative theological teacher. He interpreted the goals of public schooling in terms of moral and spiritual education, and attempted to give schools a curriculum that would instill Presbyterian Calvinist beliefs and manners in their students. While these goals were considered suitable for the relatively homogeneous America of the early-to-mid-19th century, they were less so for the increasingly pluralistic society that developed in the late 19th century and early 20th century. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

The impression I have gotten is that Dubai is 1st world medicine. As advanced as anything is here. Now I feel more hopeful that the girl has a fighting chance. They love Martyrs so much over there tho....If this girl dies, the decent people should make HER a martyr for the cause she cared for so much.

What's a place come to when shooting kids for being idealistic kids is considered acceptable? I just don't get what thinking can make that happen.

(If kids could be shot for being idealistic...America would be a 1 Generation show starting about the day that passed...no one to follow behind.. Nope..Sorry kids. err.)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Reply to bump thread back up to top of front page where it should STAY!

Dubai is probably the best place that she can be at the moment as they, the taliban murderers (I have decided never to capitilise them again) according to Sky News this morning, have said they will kill her when next they get a chance!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

"The Pakistani Taliban shot a teenage children's rights activist in the head on her school bus to avenge her campaigns for the right to an education in the militants' former stronghold of Swat."

LINK

Remember the fire bombing of Tokyo? A heinous act, even by current military maven assessments. In Taliban regions however, such tactics might not be viewed so sternly, methinks...

'Religion: The cancer of the uneducated mind'

I heard about this event and comment by the US government on the news this morning on my way to work and I could'nt help but think how two faced the US govt is in that I wondered how many kids have they killed in the wars they have launched on Vietman. Iraq and Afghanistan. Makes one wonder, how many kids does the US have to kill before they are guilty of genocide and crimes against humanity??

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

"The Pakistani Taliban shot a teenage children's rights activist in the head on her school bus

dang and to think the US trained them, gave them weapons and supported them....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

"The Pakistani Taliban shot a teenage children's rights activist in the head on her school bus

dang and to think the US trained them, gave them weapons and supported them....

It's sure worth noting.....

They've had over 20 years since the last time they saw a friendly U.S. face of any sort and over 10 since one wasn't actively shooting at them at the time they saw one. It's a little looooong ago to constantly be using the fact U.S. Intelligence helped oppose the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan through the Mujahadeen to justify the outright evil animal acts of the Taliban and AQ street fighters today.

They've also made a near sport out of assassinating CIA officials any time they can con their way near one in Afghanistan. Whatever connection (which I debate ever existed with their sect of the Mujahadin anyway) they ever had is sure cut and burned now.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join